PDA

View Full Version : Police Sticker for accident?

DannyO
10-04-2005, 01:13 AM
Hey need some help, as some people know, I got into abit of an accident not to long ago when I hit a curb, I did some damage to my car, but since nobody was hurt and I didn't break anything (not including my car) I didn't phone the cops or anything, anyway, soon I'll be taking the car in for some body work, and I have been told I need to goto the police and get some sort of sticker in the window, like some police link thing, anyone know what this is for and how it works?

logix
10-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Had to get this sticker once too.. basically the same scenario ahah hit a curb

It's a police dmg sticker.. you need the sticker if the damage on your car exceeds $1000(i think?)
You go in.. explain the damage, and they should give you one. (incase the car was in a hit and run or something they would have your car on file) and I think they need to see the car too.
correct me if i'm wrong.. =\\

DannyO
10-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Do you know if they contact insurance or anything, or if there are any fines or penalties?

big_k
10-04-2005, 02:27 PM
nope, i just got one to :D

just go to your local cop shop, tell them you need a damage sticker, they will say please fill out a report, you fill it out, and they give you a sticker, and then you get your car fixed

they don't contact insurance

just anything over $1000 in body repairs has to be reported

big_k
10-04-2005, 02:27 PM
also, assuming you are not at fault

and since its a single vehicle (i'm assuming cause u hit a curb) then they won't charge you

DannyO
10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Awesome thanks man, yea it was over 1000 and I don't think the curb is gonna file a claim against me so I'm all good then :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

illeagle
10-04-2005, 02:47 PM
try your luck... some bodyshops are so dead, they'll let it slip so they get the job..;)

your luck, the cop will charge you for damaging the curb :rolleyes:

Celica TVS3
10-04-2005, 03:09 PM
If you did the damage on your own property you don't need a sticker either.

schurchill39
10-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
try your luck... some bodyshops are so dead, they'll let it slip so they get the job..;)

I wish that was the case in medicine hat. Our body shops are booked into late 2006 because of that crazy hail storm we had

lastprodigy
10-04-2005, 04:54 PM
yeah just go fill out a report....get sticker....not too much of a painstaking process

Originally posted by schurchill39

Our body shops are booked into late 2006 because of that crazy hail storm we had

im guessing its more like thats what they tell 16 year olds that look like circus clowns :rolleyes:

DannyO
10-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by illeagle

your luck, the cop will charge you for damaging the curb :rolleyes:

Haha, yea for my luck they'd put me in prison, but when I get the time I'm gonna go get the sticker, I want a decent place to fix my car so I'll need it, either going with National Collision or Horton Auto Body, National if I get the money for them to do ALOT of shit to my car and Horton to just get the car back in better shape than before, I think I'll be going with Horton for now as I need money for christmas, djing, snowboarding, and then a couple holidays.

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Most body shops won't even touch your vehicle without the damage sticker. Of course, there are several who will ;)

You just have to find the right ones. That can be a tough task tho, as no one is going to agree to do it unless you can be trusted.

Sorath
10-05-2005, 12:54 AM
go around chinatown and ask for shady repair shops :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2002civic
10-05-2005, 10:26 AM
if a body shop is dead there is probably a reason and i wouldnt trust them with my car