PDA

View Full Version : project datsun 510 begins...

dymz999
10-04-2005, 08:36 AM
I just purchased my datsun 510 last night from a nice older guy in Arizona. Its a 1971 and yellow in color, but trust me that is changing. Engine actually runs and total cost is going to set me back just under $1,000 CDN plus $600 CDN shipping for it. 118,000 miles on the chassis.

Plans as of thus far are to redo the entire interior and exterior and insert a mildly street tuned 350whp engine uses a T04E mounted on a full-race manifold on what right now is a blacktop s13 sr20det engine. Sadly i have the engine sitting in the garage just waiting to go, so hopefully i can piece it all together for spring time.

I'll be posting pics of this up as things go. I plan on having national collision repaint the entire car including undercarriage, engine pay and so forth not to mention the interior. should be a lot of fun all in all. Car should run high 11's at worst when done my thinking is....

86max
10-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Wicked, I love 510's.

You were fortunate to find one for so cheap, my guess is that it has no rust either seeing as how it's from arizona. Never find something like that here. Definitely keep us updated.

dymz999
10-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Thats why i wanted arizona. the interior looks like crap from the pictures i saw, but its all coming out anyways.

I also ordered a nice fibre glass front bumper from a shop in australia that will fit a good sized intercooler in front of the radiator...

Shipping is 3 to 9 weeks though for the car to get here...