View Full Version : FS: 95' Neon

davidI
10-04-2005, 09:09 AM
95' Neon Sport
4 door
Standard
206 XXX km
Blue in color

Selling because it needs a new headgasket and I want something new.

$500 OBO.

sullygully
10-04-2005, 10:36 AM
if you could get me a quote on how much it would cost to replace the headgasket, I might take it off your hands.

First you should try contacting ChyrslerCorp. to find out if they will cover the cost. I beleive it is a "hidden warrantee" sort of like a recall they never tell you about, because its such a common problem with first gen neons.

either way, what other shape is the car in?

davidI
10-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by sullygully
if you could get me a quote on how much it would cost to replace the headgasket, I might take it off your hands.

First you should try contacting ChyrslerCorp. to find out if they will cover the cost. I beleive it is a "hidden warrantee" sort of like a recall they never tell you about, because its such a common problem with first gen neons.

either way, what other shape is the car in?

I think it's around $1000 to get the headgasket done...with the layered gasket, new bolts, machining, labour etc.

There is a hidden warranty on it because the composite gaskets they used suck...but I think it's a 7 year type deal or something so no good anymore.

The car is in pretty good condition otherwise considering age/mileage. Could use a good cleaning. The paints starting to chip like that year of Chrysler tends to do (bad primer or something form waht I've heard) but there isn't really any rust. AC could be recharged...tires don't have a ton of life left in them...has a new alternator. It has been in my family since new...passed on from my dad to me. He has all the records of his maintenance...very well taken care of. I did most things myself so no records...but oil was changed every 4-5k and thigns were well taken care of.

sallinger
10-04-2005, 02:20 PM
you have any pics?

finboy
10-04-2005, 02:37 PM
did you drive it with the blown headgasket?

davidI
10-19-2005, 09:50 PM
SOLD

:closed: