PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: Info, Chat, Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Dave P
05-01-2006, 10:45 PM
fuck me, im gonna get an ulser from this game haha

Dudek
05-01-2006, 10:45 PM
man Anahiems out playing us so far this game, hopefully we step it up a notch in the 3rd period!

Kobe
05-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Dudek
man Anahiems out playing us so far this game, hopefully we step it up a notch in the 3rd period!

ya, ducks are out skating and playing us completely...

Why isn't guieger in net for the ducks?
We need to step it up in the 3rd people and get shots on goal on the PP, instead of just dumping it in, and them dumping it out..

gp36912
05-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

Why isn't guieger in net for the ducks?

i am think he may be out of a job :D or at least benched because their backup proved himself

Kobe
05-01-2006, 10:56 PM
I want guieger back in ent :(
Pssh backup let a goal in on the second shot..

He is letting alot of rebounds fly.. but so is kipper tonight..

snowcatxx87
05-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Isnt that the 4.3 million dollar player on the bench?

That 2nd period was on the edge of your seat, man that 2 man adv - thank whoever is upstairs that they had weak passes and shots

Kobe
05-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by snowcatxx87
Isnt that the 4.3 million dollar player on the bench?

That 2nd period was on the edge of your seat, man that 2 man adv - thank whoever is upstairs that they had weak passes and shots

Not sure how much he makes but his the goalie for the ducks...

Dudek
05-01-2006, 11:21 PM
ohhhh man stop with the Penalties Calgary :banghead:

dub_c
05-01-2006, 11:22 PM
i really hate those fucking ducks. roast those bastards :guns:

theken
05-01-2006, 11:23 PM
yeah no shit what the fack are they trying to do here, they dont deserve to win this game

JordanEG6
05-01-2006, 11:23 PM
bs call on warrener :guns: :banghead:

dub_c
05-01-2006, 11:26 PM
:eek: SO CLOSE

jcrules99
05-01-2006, 11:28 PM
OMG POST!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

googe
05-01-2006, 11:28 PM
:eek: :eek: :cry:

jcrules99
05-01-2006, 11:29 PM
FUCK:banghead:

dub_c
05-01-2006, 11:29 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

HoisinSauce
05-01-2006, 11:30 PM
fuck indeed!!

D'z Nutz
FUUUUUUUUUCK!!

Dudek
Oh man I dont believe it nooooooooo 2-1 Anahiem ahhhh why did he have to hit the post!!!!!!:banghead:

dub_c
Still 5 Min boys.

max_boost
Let's get it together here. Fuck!:banghead: :goflames:

dub_c
05-01-2006, 11:32 PM
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

dub_c
05-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Ok, if they cant win, atleast beat the shit out of them lol

HoisinSauce
05-01-2006, 11:39 PM
lol
Game 7!

jcrules99
05-01-2006, 11:41 PM
BAHHHH :banghead:

:goflames: for game 7!

dub_c
05-01-2006, 11:44 PM
HAHAHA, KICK THEIR ASS BOYS !

RickDaTuner
05-01-2006, 11:45 PM
flames gave it away man

cujo_cjc
05-01-2006, 11:45 PM
holy fuck
so many god damn penalties in the 3rd
refs seem to try to make up for the no goal on selanne with those two 5 on 3's :banghead: :guns:

Kobe
05-01-2006, 11:46 PM
To many peneltys...

Kobe
05-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
holy fuck
so many god damn penalties in the 3rd
refs seem to try to make up for the no goal on selanne with those two 5 on 3's :banghead: :guns:
:werd: :werd:

cman
05-01-2006, 11:50 PM
God damn that was terrible.
It seemed like in the second and third all we could do was get to center and give it back to the DUcks.
Not to mention our PP being back to absolutely horrific. wtf was that!
Ducks got screwed so the refs had no choice but to try and even it up.
Flames in 7:goflames:

herragge
05-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Too many unnecessary penalties. 5 on 3's made the flames too defensive and they couldn't get their offense going to get the goal they needed.

I also felt they were trying to even it up after the selane goal.

Oh, well game seven it is! At least we win at home!

Mike

Moonracer
05-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Both teams sucked :thumbsdow Some good D and goaltending but that's it.

88CRX
05-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Horrible game.

Too many penalties. Iggi didnt show up. Cant score a PP goal.

Overal a bad game.

Like I said at the start. Flames in 7!

D'z Nutz
05-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Fuck, after that complete waste of two consecutive power plays in the second, I had a feeling it would end like this.

Hopefully Sutter knocks some heads for Wednesday's game!!! I want a Battle of Alberta!!!!

Orbie
05-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Oh man that sucked bad, gave that one away. Even if the Flames do win Game 7, a well rested Edmonton team is going to slam them. You can bet Anaheim is going to make Calgary use every last ounce of energy they have if they want to beat them.

88CRX
05-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Orbie
Oh man that sucked bad, gave that one away. Even if the Flames do win Game 7, a well rested Edmonton team is going to slam them. You can bet Anaheim is going to make Calgary use every last ounce of energy they have if they want to beat them.

One extra day wont make that much of a difference :rolleyes:

Christ, its only the first round.

max_boost
05-02-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm sad. Going to bed now. These games are so emotional for me. :cry:

cman
05-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Horrible game.

Too many penalties. Iggi didnt show up. Cant score a PP goal.

Overal a bad game.

Like I said at the start. Flames in 7!
Iggy didn't show up? Are you kidding me?
He was the only motivated guy on the whole god damn team, he was the only guy charging the net all game. The rest of the team was floating in wristers from the blue line! He fought, threw several big hits, tried to stir up the other team. Not to mention spending 25% of his ice time killing penalties.
Even now I can't believe how crap that officiating was, Selanne's goal wasnt even close as well all saw how the hell can two refs fuck that up.
Leopold has his hand on Lupul's cehst and gives him a little shove like 100% of defencemen in the NHL would have and Lupul launches his head back like an AK bullett hit him in visor. Less than 10 minutes later Husselius takes a MASSIVE hack on the arm after he blows byw the ducks D-man then hits the post.
Consistency Consistency Consistency
fuck this is frusterating to watch:whipped: :guns:

dub_c
05-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I'm sad. Going to bed now. These games are so emotional for me. :cry:

me too :cry:

urbannomad
05-02-2006, 12:18 AM
highlight- phaneuf hit on fedorouk

He should be dead by now!:rofl:

really bad game overall:cry: , but iginla getting pissed at the end is sending a message to these ducks....watch out! Sutter is gonna take it to his guys.
i got so emotional when huselius was on the break, i felt for him.

Nissanaddict
05-02-2006, 12:33 AM
HeavyD. BASH THE FLAMES MORE!!! And we will win! Man that sucked.

Seanith
05-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Very sloppy play tonight. Game 7 is ours though! :goflames:

gp36912
05-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by urbannomad
highlight- phaneuf hit on fedorouk

He should be dead by now!:rofl:

hahahaha fedorouks been smoked like that too many times now. the guy needs to learn to keep his head up and watch where hes going. he keeps looking down at the ice and getting his butt kicked in by our guys

eb0i
05-02-2006, 01:27 AM
What an aggrevating game to watch.

:thumbsdow

Dren
05-02-2006, 01:47 AM
ahh...just didn't put the effort. after the first period they seemed to give up .

rony_espana
05-02-2006, 06:25 AM
I didn't think the game was that bad, but if things remain the same in this series, Ducks will play even worse on Wednesday. I think the threat of possible elimination might help the flames.

What do you guys think of the Iggy fight? I think they gave up after that fight, Beauchimen obviously got more hits in!

:goflames: GAME 7 :goflames:

Kirbs17
05-02-2006, 07:46 AM
AS mentioned, what brutal officiating. Selanne should have had that goal, and the flames took way to many stupid penalties.

Tomorrow night should be a good game, to say the least.

rony_espana
05-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Hope they put Giguere in for game 7 :D

:goflames:

heavyD
05-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Dren
ahh...just didn't put the effort. after the first period they seemed to give up .

No. That's the way the Flames played alot this season. Get up by a goal and try to hold on for the win. They didn't deserve to win the game & didn't. The offense looks sooo weak. I've said it many times before but when Sutter traded Reinprecht for Leclerc, that's when I knew there would be no 04 playoff run. You just don't trade your 3rd leading scorer and one of the few talented guys on your team for another plugger on a team full of pluggers. To make things worse he brings in Lundmark and the kid plays well getting nearly a point a game and for his efforts gets to ride the pine in the playoffs and watch Leclerc take his place. I'm getting real tired of no-talent guys like Leclerc, Donovan, & Ritchie occupy valuable ice time. If they play 12 minutes a game, that is 12 minutes that the Flames have virtually no chance to score a goal. I've had it with Donovan in particular. The guy's playing like a chicken with it's head cutt off. He skates up the wing with speed then tries to beat three guys, turns the puck over. When he's not turning the puck over, he's taking terrible penalties. Did you see him reach out and grab on that one call? He's got absolutely no hockey smarts whatsoever and I'll be glad to see him gone next year. When Chris Simon (another guy who won't be back next year) looks like one of your most dangerous offensive forwards, your team isn't going too far. On the bright side, losing to the Ducks saves Flames fans the embaressment of being clobbered by the Oilers in the 2nd round.

Game 7: Ducks 5 - Flames 2

BTW: There is still hope for next year as Ritchie, MacDonald, Donovan, Simon, Nilson, Leclerc, Marchment, Hulse, etc. are all free agents and most likely Nilson will be the only player coming back. It's a pipe dream but with all the money saved cutting lose this pile of dung, could they not at all costs try to sign Patrick Elias? Flames fans don't deserve to go through another season of watching their team try to win 1-0 & 2-1 in a new era of high scoring games.

Dave P
05-02-2006, 10:36 AM
fuckin greasers

this has been the worst day of work evar

flames better fuckin win

Bill Cosby
05-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

No. That's the way the Flames played alot this season. Get up by a goal and try to hold on for the win. They didn't deserve to win the game & didn't. The offense looks sooo weak. I've said it many times before but when Sutter traded Reinprecht for Leclerc, that's when I knew there would be no 04 playoff run. You just don't trade your 3rd leading scorer and one of the few talented guys on your team for another plugger on a team full of pluggers. To make things worse he brings in Lundmark and the kid plays well getting nearly a point a game and for his efforts gets to ride the pine in the playoffs and watch Leclerc take his place. I'm getting real tired of no-talent guys like Leclerc, Donovan, & Ritchie occupy valuable ice time. If they play 12 minutes a game, that is 12 minutes that the Flames have virtually no chance to score a goal. I've had it with Donovan in particular. The guy's playing like a chicken with it's head cutt off. He skates up the wing with speed then tries to beat three guys, turns the puck over. When he's not turning the puck over, he's taking terrible penalties. Did you see him reach out and grab on that one call? He's got absolutely no hockey smarts whatsoever and I'll be glad to see him gone next year. When Chris Simon (another guy who won't be back next year) looks like one of your most dangerous offensive forwards, your team isn't going too far. On the bright side, losing to the Ducks saves Flames fans the embaressment of being clobbered by the Oilers in the 2nd round.

Game 7: Ducks 5 - Flames 2

BTW: There is still hope for next year as Ritchie, MacDonald, Donovan, Simon, Nilson, Leclerc, Marchment, Hulse, etc. are all free agents and most likely Nilson will be the only player coming back. It's a pipe dream but with all the money saved cutting lose this pile of dung, could they not at all costs try to sign Patrick Elias? Flames fans don't deserve to go through another season of watching their team try to win 1-0 & 2-1 in a new era of high scoring games.

.. i couldnt agree more..

if we kept saprykin reinprect conroy gelinas and gautier maybe it would be a different game, but we dont have any offense, the only reason we can make the playoffs is because kipper has the ability to let in 2 or less goals more often than any goalie on any given night

l8braker
05-02-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm fuckin' worried about tomorrow. The Ducks are gonna be feeding off the energy from the win last night and seal the deal. The crowd might take a little bit out of them, but this is gonna be a heart breaker. I can feel it. Hopefully some of us are wrong :( :goflames:

CrvenaZvezda
05-02-2006, 10:55 AM
I completely agree with heavyD and Bill Cosby, the Flames have no offence what so ever but same goes for the diffence, our one good diffencemen is Kiprusoff, if we didnt have Kipper in net i doubt we would even make the playoffs, and offence needs to get their shit together, last night im not exactly sure what period it was but they had 2powerplay oppurtunities in a row and they couldnt even set, they had 4mins they could not set up.... somethings wrong there. i really would like to see the flames win game 7 but as heavyD said the way were playing right now its better for the Dux to beat us to save Flames fans the embaressment of being clobbered by the Oilers in the 2nd round.

rony_espana
05-02-2006, 11:08 AM
The one good thing that could come from a loss in game 7, Sutter will finally realize that they need to make some changes on the team, especially with the forwards! But I think the Flames will win!

:goflames:

heavyD
05-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Also of note as I've watched a fair bit of all the playoff series outside of the Rangers/Devils in which only one team showed up, the Flames/Ducks series is the worst of all of them. It's like watching two bad teams. Some nights I think "How can the Flames lose to a crappy team like the Ducks? They only have two good players!". Then it strikes me that Ducks fans are probably thinking "How can the Ducks lose to a crappy team like the Flames? They only have two good players!". One series, two teams, only four decent NHL players. Pretty sad.:thumbsdow

Game seven should be called "Battle of the Bad". Who will become the better of two bad hockey teams? I'll take the team that has played a little less mediocre than the other, which means no battle of Alberta in 2006.

Hakkola
05-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by l8braker
I'm fuckin' worried about tomorrow. The Ducks are gonna be feeding off the energy from the win last night and seal the deal. The crowd might take a little bit out of them, but this is gonna be a heart breaker. I can feel it. Hopefully some of us are wrong :( :goflames:

I don't know dude, I'm not too worried. I picked Calgary to lose last night on my proline ticket, because the flames are below .500 on the road, and have always played poorly in Anaheim. I think we'll win at home unless Kiprussof plays poorly.

I don't think Calgary has the greatest team, but at home with the crowd behind them they seem to become different players.

max_boost
05-02-2006, 11:21 AM
They better contain Selanne and not let him get in close, you know he's picking the top corners on Kipper. He did it twice last night, we got lucky on the first one where it didn't count.

Hakkola
05-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Some nights I think "How can the Flames lose to a crappy team like the Ducks? They only have two good players!". Then it strikes me that Ducks fans are probably thinking "How can the Ducks lose to a crappy team like the Flames? They only have two good players!". One series, two teams, only four decent NHL players. Pretty sad.:thumbsdow

:rofl: :rofl:

I don't really agree though, when you talk about the TEAM I think Calgary and Anaheim both have really good hard working teams, but they are both really, really boring teams to watch with the exception of the Selanne line. Sometimes I'd rather watch paint dry than watch the flames, hockey should be about entertainment, not forcing the other team to play worse than you. :rofl:

I love the flames, and I hope they go far, but dammit they need some offence.

max_boost
05-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Oh yah I would love to have Elias. Ever since he came back from whatever he had, the guy has been an absolute monster. New Jersey looked like a dead team earlier this year but now with the way they are playing, they are the second favorites to win the Cup, behind the Flames of course. :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

Forcefed
05-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Calgary regaurdless if its at home or not has to play 1000x better!! I mean for the first time in the series, the team who scored first didnt win. They have to pick it up if they want to advance....I mean the time in the attacking zone, the Ducks nearly doubled the flames numbers....Alll I have to say is if they do not win I will have been a very dissapointing season, and they will need some offensive re-building for the next.

Im not bashing the Flames, I hope to god the win so there can be a battle of Alberta. But if they want to they need to bring there A-Game, get on the board first and eshablish a physical dominance..

Bill Cosby
05-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I love the flames as much as anyone else, but this is because i am a bandwagoner, just like most of you, after the magic in 04, we're all back for 2006, but the flames team of 04 is not back, only Kipper is, through thick and thin Kipper is the only player who plays on this team, every odd night we'll have Iggy tipping in a couple garbage goals, or getting beat the fuck up by a rookie defensemen.. but thats it... and it pains me to say this, but we might as well start routing for the oilers, because they are the cinderella team of 06

8th seed defeats 1st seed in the west in 6 games
but number 3 seed cant defeat the number 6 seed without going to a 7th and deciding game.. come on...

Seanith
05-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby
I love the flames as much as anyone else, but this is because i am a bandwagoner, just like most of you, after the magic in 04, we're all back for 2006, but the flames team of 04 is not back, only Kipper is, through thick and thin Kipper is the only player who plays on this team, every odd night we'll have Iggy tipping in a couple garbage goals, or getting beat the fuck up by a rookie defensemen.. but thats it... and it pains me to say this, but we might as well start routing for the oilers, because they are the cinderella team of 06

but number 3 seed cant defeat the number 6 seed without going to a 7th and deciding game.. come on...

Its embarrasing how easily some of you guys give up. Pretty weak. :thumbsdow

Does Carolina suck too since they can't sweep Montreal? The playoffs are a whole new thing a team that did awesome in the normal season can get eliminated in the first round.. look at the Rangers they got raped!

Moonracer
05-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Seanith

Does Carolina suck too since they can't sweep Montreal? The playoffs are a whole new thing a team that did awesome in the normal season can get eliminated in the first round.. look at the Rangers they got raped!

:werd: It's our home team, lets give them all we can to help them win. If they do lose, oh well shit happens. Yeah look at the wings and the rangers.

Moonracer
05-02-2006, 12:07 PM
hahahaha and what do ya know I am rewarded with tickets from calgaryflames.com mofuggers :clap:

88CRX
05-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Holy people are jumping off left and right. AND they havent even played game 7 yet.

To all the people saying the Flames are going to loose, its over, blah blah blah... get out of this thread! Making a prediction like that truely shows the kind of fan you are :thumbsdow

Bill Cosby
05-02-2006, 12:14 PM
For the record i said i was a bandwagoner.. and the oilers are my team over the flames anyday, but i do hope for their success, its just a lot easier to be mad about something or talk negative about something than positive

heavyD
05-02-2006, 12:14 PM

It's not that some of us have given up just because of last night. The whole season has been full of discontent for a lot of Flames fans. Many are questioning personell decisions as well as the style of play. Sure I'll be watching and cheering them on in game 7 but win or lose, I still have major issues with the direction this team is headed under Daryl Sutter. The only reason fans tolerate the so called 'Flames' hockey is because they are winning. When they don't win there is nothing redeeming about watching bad hockey.

88CRX
05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
The only reason fans tolerate the so called 'Flames' hockey is because they are winning. When they don't win there is nothing redeeming about watching bad hockey.

Nobody would watch an entertaining loosing team.

CaptainReboot
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM
If Maggie the Monkey thinks the Flames to win, then the Flames will win.

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

Bill Cosby
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM

ok, not to be a stickler, but the devils were 3rd, and the rangers were 6th..

on paper devils should rape rangers
just like flames should rape ducks
but it didnt happen that way so it kinda makes your point, pointless if you are trying to relate the flames struggle to that of another series it in no means is proportional.. i know that the playoffs are a lot different than the regular season, but, if you are to bet on the games, are you gonna pick 6th over 3rd?.. no

88CRX
05-02-2006, 12:24 PM
My prediction:

1. Detroit
2. Dallas
3. Edmonton
4. Nashville
5. Anaheim
6. Colorado
7. San Jose
8. Vancouver
9. Flames

I'm a Flames fan but this is the way I see it playing out.

Your last perdiction :thumbsup:

88CRX
05-02-2006, 12:26 PM
i know that the playoffs are a lot different than the regular season, but, if you are to bet on the games, are you gonna pick 6th over 3rd?.. no

But your picking the Ducks to beat the Flames :dunno: :D

Bill Cosby
05-02-2006, 12:28 PM
HAHA (kinda)OWNED.. i never said flames couldnt beat anaheim, i said its sad they cant do it in 4 rather than 7 :(

Dave P
05-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by CaptainReboot
If Maggie the Monkey picks the Flames to win, then the Flames will win.:

goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

haha werd.

If you have no support for the flames, get the fuck out of this thread.

flames will take it in the dome. then destroy the greasers.

and thats how its going to go.

Seanith
05-02-2006, 12:42 PM

ok, not to be a stickler, but the devils were 3rd, and the rangers were 6th..

The point i was trying to make is the rangers were the top team for a while there... the only reason they were 6th is because they had a bad losing streak of about 5 games to end the season.

Nissanaddict
05-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Hello. Welcome to the Flames bandwagon. Exits are clearly marked, and windows shatter easily so you can jump out whenever you want, as quick as you possibly can.....SERIOUSLY everyone. There's still a game 7. :goflames:

heavyD
05-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Your last perdiction :thumbsup:

I nailed it in the Edmonton going far in the playoffs part that you failed to include.:poosie:

max_boost
05-02-2006, 02:00 PM

I nailed it in the Edmonton going far in the playoffs part that you failed to include.:poosie: Nope. They will not make it out of the second round because the Flames will destroy them. :goflames:

Hakkola
05-02-2006, 02:49 PM

If you look at the way the teams entered the playoffs the way everything is panning out makes sense. Edmonton had to fight to make it into the playoffs, they were ready to play, Detroit wasn't.

Sharks, Habs, Sabres, Devils, Ducks were all pretty hot coming into the playoffs, for this reason they've won or are clost to winning their series with the exception of montreal who've lost Koivu.

I'll add that Detroit was again, the most over rated team in the league with their soft division.

Calgary has been under .500 on the road, so they lost in anaheim, not surprising.

Anybody with any real hockey sense understands exactly what's happening.

If Anaheim wins this series I wont be surprised if they make it to the finals again.

Hakkola
05-02-2006, 02:53 PM

on paper devils should rape rangers
just like flames should rape ducks

Rape the ducks? One of the hotter teams in the league going into the playoffs? We only had 5 more points than them going into the playoffs and they were 8-1-1 in their last 10 games while Calgary was only 6-1-3. So how do you figure we should rape the ducks?

Hell, there's only 8 points seperating Calgary's 3rd place finish from Edmonton's 8th.

Edit - Ducks were 6-4-0, pretty much on par with Flames with 6 wins a piece.

Bill Cosby
05-02-2006, 03:09 PM
i was just basing it on how seanith was suprised that rangers were destroyed, .. obviously it is possible to carry your momentum into the playoffs, but as seanith said, its still a very different game, and if you call the way the ducks have been playing "good" or "inspiring" you are lost buddy

mac_82
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Rape the ducks? One of the hotter teams in the league going into the playoffs? We only had 5 more points than them going into the playoffs and they were 8-1-1 in their last 10 games while Calgary was only 6-1-3. So how do you figure we should rape the ducks?

I don't know where you got your stats from, but Anahiem was 6-4-0 in their last 10 games, including 1-3-0 in their last 4 games.

Hakkola
05-02-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm talking about them coming into the playoffs, and obviously flames haven't been playing any better than Anaheim or the series would be over.

Fact of the matter is, down the stretch Anaheim was one of the best teams in the league, it's no surprise that it's a close series.

In the Rangers vs Devils series Rangers were on a losing streak and Devils were on a winning streak, again, no surprise with the outcome.

Hakkola
05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by mac_82

I don't know where you got your stats from, but Anahiem was 6-4-0 in their last 10 games, including 1-3-0 in their last 4 games.

LOL, I was looking at the wrong team. :banghead: :banghead: However, that puts them pretty much on par with the flames, and since the Olympic break the Ducks have played quite well. So either way, the two teams are pretty evenly matched.

2 hours of sleep while working a 12 hour shift has me in a daze. :(

TurboMedic
05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
I think we can take it in 7.....we always come back after a loss, we have home ice advantage, and come on, they're the ducks........

Last night though, the ice looked really bad, it looked slow, nobody could get good speed, or rushes......it looked like regular season hockey, not playoff hockey.....THe ice at the dome is far better, and we should be able to speed things up...so long as we stay outta the box!

ICEBERG
05-02-2006, 09:06 PM
How many 5 on 3's did the ducks have on Flames? It is like every game i watch they get a 5 on 3. What the Fu@k is it with the refs. Only thing that will stop the flames going back to the Cup finals again would be the REFS..

Good thing i don't play Pro sports anymore. The ref's never got a X-Mas card from me.:D

cman
05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
The Ducks have had seven 5 on 3's in the 6 games so far.
The Flames...0

PP wise: Total is Ducks 42, Flames 39
However, in game three to game six it is: Ducks 31, Flames 22

Moonracer
05-02-2006, 10:15 PM
:D
http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/2402118d.jpg

Kirbs17
05-02-2006, 10:52 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: nice

rony_espana
05-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Today's Sunshine Girl!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rony_espana/ssgcal.jpg

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

CaptainReboot
05-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
How many 5 on 3's did the ducks have on Flames? It is like every game i watch they get a 5 on 3. What the Fu@k is it with the refs. Only thing that will stop the flames going back to the Cup finals again would be the REFS..

Good thing i don't play Pro sports anymore. The ref's never got a X-Mas card from me.:D

I think Sutter was complaining about that at a news conference. Don Cherry was also talking about it on Hockey Night in Canada after the Montreal Carolina game.

heavyD
05-03-2006, 08:10 AM
I just hope that all the Ducks whining about the Flames 'clutch & grab obstruction' doesn't sway the refs into turning the series into a bunch of ill-deserved Ducks powerplays. I have a bad feeling that the first game at least there will be a few Duck's 2-man advantages and the Flames will get done in by the league using the Flames as an example of 'enforcing the rules'.:(

I called it before the series guys. Not patting myself on the back or anything but the writing was on the wall before the series began. Carlyle was whining and got what he was looking for. The Flames are going to have to overcome more than the opposition to go far in the playoffs this year & I don't think they have the offense to do it. Enjoy the last game of the season for the Flames tonight. I just hope they don't play scared like game 6 and go down with a full effort.

I'm not being a hater, just realistic. History is not on our side. Since the Cup victory in 1989 every series the Flames have had home ice advantage (4 times) they have lost the series (0-4). Also since the cup victory they are 1-4 in game sevens & the only win was in 2004 against Vancouver. I remember vividly the losses in game seven to Edmonton, San Jose & Vancouver & this series is so reminicent of all of them. Instead of Robert Reichel missing an open net to rap up the series, it Huselius hitting the crossbar. The bounces just have not gone the way of this team when they are supposed to win. Those teams were also stacked offensively. With the current offence it's not out of the realm of possibility that they get shut out tonight as they haven't really been able to solve Bryzgalov & I think he'll be the difference tonight.

Dave P
05-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Take your time line and goto hell

GO FLAMES GO

eblend
05-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Dave P

GO FLAMES GO

good answer

how many records have we broken this year alone, yah there whatever happned in the past has no bearing on the future

HyperZell
05-03-2006, 09:42 AM

I called it before the series guys. Not patting myself on the back or anything but the writing was on the wall before the series began. Carlyle was whining and got what he was looking for. The Flames are going to have to overcome more than the opposition to go far in the playoffs this year & I don't think they have the offense to do it. Enjoy the last game of the season for the Flames tonight. I just hope they don't play scared like game 6 and go down with a full effort.

I'm not being a hater, just realistic. History is not on our side. Since the Cup victory in 1989 every series the Flames have had home ice advantage (4 times) they have lost the series (0-4). Also since the cup victory they are 1-4 in game sevens & the only win was in 2004 against Vancouver. I remember vividly the losses in game seven to Edmonton, San Jose & Vancouver & this series is so reminicent of all of them. Instead of Robert Reichel missing an open net to rap up the series, it Huselius hitting the crossbar. The bounces just have not gone the way of this team when they are supposed to win. Those teams were also stacked offensively. With the current offence it's not out of the realm of possibility that they get shut out tonight as they haven't really been able to solve Bryzgalov & I think he'll be the difference tonight.

Originally posted by Dave P

GO FLAMES GO

Originally posted by eblend

good answer

how many records have we broken this year alone, yah there whatever happned in the past has no bearing on the future

No doubt, keep it to yourself. Nobody wants to hear that kind of talk, and you're not doing anyone any favors. You predicted that the Flames would miss the playoffs too, remember? Who cares if you're being 'realistic'? You're also being irritating, and for no good reason.

In fact, everybody that feels like making predictions should relax a little. What difference will it make who you think will win? Are you just trying to sound cool? Unless somebody asks you, keep it to yourself.

SuPhistiKatEd
05-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Well, I don't mean to be rude but this IS a discussion thread...so as far as I'm concerned...anything goes.

But, I'll keep my prediction to myself. Everytime I post one on here, the Flames lose.

For those of you who are going to the game, MAKE AS MUCH NOISE AS POSSIBLE!!! Get our boys pumped!!! GO FLAMES GO!!

l8braker
05-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Full-size for tonight!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e212/rmkf550/flames_cleavage_15.jpg

I might have to spend it in Rockeyview or Foothills, i'm nervous as hell... More confident about the game than yesterday, the numbers don't lie..... UGH!!! Go Flames Go I'm gonna lose it here.
:nut: :nut: :nut:

Kirbs17
05-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Im fucking choked. I got called in to work from 1 - 10 tonight :cry: I wanted to watch it so bad tonight

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

Nissanaddict
05-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Alright guys. Any great ideas for a sign for the game? Thinking of making one as I'll be there. :goflames: