PDA

View Full Version : Car washes in the North

sexualbanana
10-04-2005, 04:35 PM
I just moved myself to the deep north and my car is absolutely filthy. Anyone know of any car washes (coin or timed) in the North? Near the university or Edgemont?

Rav4Guy
10-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Brentwood Mall... right in front of Kilkenny.

Lexxan
10-04-2005, 04:38 PM
crowfoot big bucket is the best...

ecstasy_civic
10-04-2005, 04:41 PM
The one off center street and country hills road:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

by far the best car wash in the city.

Team_Mclaren
10-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Lexxan

:werd:

welcome to the good side!!!:D

carzcraz
10-04-2005, 05:49 PM
I'd recommend Sudsy's located in Hawkwood. They have about 8 or so heated stalls (with music lol) and if there is not a lineup (rarely), you can take the time to dry your car without getting booted out.

bigbadboss101
10-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Good to know, right by my place!

Anyone know if the carwash soap + hot water would strip the wax off? Wouldn't want to strip off 3 layers of a nice wax :-).

A2VR6
10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Theres also the sandstone Esso which has 4 or 5 stalls as well, it's pretty close to edgemont as well.

infected
10-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Yea, I'd have to say the one on Centre street is pretty good.

AllGoNoShow
10-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Hawkwood Auto car wash, whatever its called now, Coin operated, never had a problem with any of the machines since its opened, good time per loonie, got vacuums outside aswell.

I use it all the time, infact I'm going tomorrow to use it before I sell my car :)

cman
10-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
my location of choice! lots of bays, usually not too busy.

t-im
10-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by carzcraz
I'd recommend Sudsy's located in Hawkwood. They have about 8 or so heated stalls (with music lol) and if there is not a lineup (rarely), you can take the time to dry your car without getting booted out.

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Hawkwood Auto car wash, whatever its called now, Coin operated, never had a problem with any of the machines since its opened, good time per loonie, got vacuums outside aswell.

I use it all the time, infact I'm going tomorrow to use it before I sell my car :)

I've been going there for years! It's great.

The soap at that place is weak.

Rav4Guy
10-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by t-im

The soap at that place is weak.

but they're open pretty late.... i've been there at 1 in the morning and you can spend all your time in there.... plus its heated.

HRD2PLZ
10-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by cman

my location of choice! lots of bays, usually not too busy.

Haha its not very wide though, last time I was there I was in a rush and backed into the wall :rofl:

Vagabond142
10-05-2005, 02:12 PM
I wash my car in my driveway most of the time, but if it needs some serious washing love, then it's Hawkwood for me. Brentwood is much MUCH closer but Hawkwood is just such better value for money

D. Dub
10-06-2005, 08:08 AM

and they're OK with handwashing and drying if it's not busy

Talies R
10-06-2005, 10:48 AM
The stalls at the Brentwood wash are tiny :thumbsdow

Hawkwood :thumbsup:

motto_adrenelin
10-06-2005, 10:50 AM
I say big bucket its big and clean and everything always works :D :D :D

Mr. Burns
10-06-2005, 10:53 AM
big bucket is awesome... but pricey.

AllGoNoShow
10-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Yah Brentwood stalls are small as hell, could barely even fit the old work truck in there and get out of it, 2500HD :S, not very wide truck and it was a bitch.

Hawkwood u could park sideways they are so wide, one of the widest hand wash bays ive been too.

Another place is over by SunSet bar but thats N.E. not NW, buddy rusn that place, high pressure guns, wide bays, lots of room, small lineup if busy but they normally pretty good.

dieselpower91
10-06-2005, 05:52 PM
I usually go to the car wash beside Bow Cycle. It may not be fancy but the amount of time you get for a dollar or 2 bucks is better than any other I've been to. I usually go after 9:30 or 10 and you can spend an hour detailing your car due to the lack of people. It is heated and big bays.

Other than that I go to Hawkwood.

motto_adrenelin
10-07-2005, 01:58 AM
okay i would like to set something up for all you beyond members now. I need to know how many of you beyond guys like big bucket sorry ya I run it. And if I can do anything i will try so pm me let me hear the voice of all if you like the idea. If I can help everyone in some way its good to know, not try to promote just want to know who likes their car looking good all the time. :thumbsup:

GQBalla
10-07-2005, 02:37 AM
what do you want to set up??

AllGoNoShow
10-07-2005, 02:42 AM
motto I think the thing thats one of the big ones is the time for the money. More time for a buck is always good, makes us not rush through and our cars not look liek crap in the end, so we come back because we don't have to rush as much to spray the car down.

heavyD
10-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Another place is over by SunSet bar but thats N.E. not NW, buddy rusn that place, high pressure guns, wide bays, lots of room, small lineup if busy but they normally pretty good.

Probably the best one in the north. For me it has to have the high pressure guns because the low pressure guns don't take all the dirt off. Bigh Bucket isn't that great IMO. While the facility is nice & clean, the water pressure is too low. I'll spend $8 there and after will still be able to see a dirt film on the bumbers & lower doors.:thumbsdow

kaput
10-08-2005, 11:51 AM

Lex350
10-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Lexxan

I've lived in the North for over 40 years....the Big Bucket is the best place to go. Another plus is they don't seem to mind you drying your car in there in the winter.

I know many of the RX8 guys like the Crowfoor shell carwash....I don't think its as nice as the Big Bucket.

Lex350
10-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Probably the best one in the north. For me it has to have the high pressure guns because the low pressure guns don't take all the dirt off. Bigh Bucket isn't that great IMO. While the facility is nice & clean, the water pressure is too low. I'll spend $8 there and after will still be able to see a dirt film on the bumbers & lower doors.:thumbsdow

that's odd. I find the pressure just fine and it only takes me 2 to 3 bucks to do a wash.

BigDL
10-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Ive always liked using the one Next to Bowcycle, gotta love how long your money lasts there.

thetrousertrout
10-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

I've lived in the North for over 40 years....the Big Bucket is the best place to go. Another plus is they don't seem to mind you drying your car in there in the winter.

I know many of the RX8 guys like the Crowfoor shell carwash....I don't think its as nice as the Big Bucket.

no, they don't mind you drying your car in there, more money for them, as they charge you $0.70 a min to be in there....

the one in bowness is great, wide bays, heated, and i swear it is open 24hrs. rarely busy, and is the perfect spot to detail your ENTIRE car. and a buck last forever in there....

don't know about hawkwood tho, haven't been there.

Team_Mclaren
10-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by thetrousertrout

no, they don't mind you drying your car in there, more money for them, as they charge you $0.70 a min to be in there....

the one in bowness is great, wide bays, heated, and i swear it is open 24hrs. rarely busy, and is the perfect spot to detail your ENTIRE car. and a buck last forever in there....

don't know about hawkwood tho, haven't been there.

they changed to coin-operation about 2 months ago.

96GrandAMGT
10-09-2005, 08:33 PM
i just go to hawkwood......very close to home...:thumbsup: