PDA

View Full Version : bought a rebuilt vehicle.

tupes23
10-04-2005, 09:41 PM
i recently purchased a vehicle through a private sale and on the bill of sale the seller stated that 'the vehicle has been in a previous accident and has a rebuilt status, buyer accepts all responsiblity and is sold in "as is" condition'. is it possible that I can make a claim to amvic because I didnt realize it was a write off.

tupes23
10-04-2005, 09:49 PM
can anyone help me???

Sharpie
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
^ its been 8 minutes.

Also if it was sold as is I think your sol. Should of got it inspected.

Weapon_R
10-04-2005, 09:54 PM
No. You signed the bill of sale and the assumption is that you read it before you signed it. As a result, you should have known that it was written off before purchase.

lastprodigy
10-04-2005, 09:54 PM
if it said that when you bought it you are likely out of luck...the only chance you have is if you can prove that the buyer lied about it not being one untill the sell

tupes23
10-04-2005, 09:56 PM
well the seller said that it was damaged-repaired when he sold it to me and also said that the status is rebuilt, i never knew that meant write off. doesnt the seller have to tell me its a write off?

ninspeed
10-04-2005, 09:58 PM
he did.... he told you it was rebuilt... the seller cant be held responsible for you not researching things...

Sharpie
10-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Not if it is sold as is. Technically you knew it was a write off with out knowing it. If that makes sense.

tupes23
10-04-2005, 09:59 PM
cause i believe that its the selllers responsibilty to inform me that it is a write off? can amvic help me?

Mr. Burns
10-04-2005, 10:00 PM
they already told you. you are screwed. accept it and move on.

lastprodigy
10-04-2005, 10:01 PM
lol lotta ppl on beyond getting screwed by uninformed car purchases lately......should put it on the front page story!

Sharpie
10-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by tupes23
cause i believe that its the selllers responsibilty to inform me that it is a write off? can amvic help me?
Can you not see our posts? He TOLD you it was WRITEN OFF

tupes23
10-04-2005, 10:02 PM
is there anyway that i can prove that the seller decieved me in some way through this private sale? by decieve i mean 'lie about the history?

Sharpie
10-04-2005, 10:04 PM
He told you it was rebuilt. What more do you want? You should of got it inspected by a bodyshop/mechanic.

tupes23
does "rebuilt" mean write off?

ninspeed
is there anyway that i can prove that the seller decieved me in some way through this private sale? by decieve i mean 'lie about the history?
HE DID TELL YOU.. you even said he told you.. i dont understand why you keep asking.. If the car is that bad... sell it.. people are willing to buy them if they are cheep enough
rebuilt means it was writen off, and rebulit, and inspected by an approved inspector

Stratus_Power
10-04-2005, 10:05 PM

no

tupes23
10-04-2005, 10:05 PM
i did take it in for an inspection, it checked out, minor problems but it was all good, i just didnt know i bought a write off

Sharpie
10-04-2005, 10:06 PM
i did take it in for an inspection, it checked out, minor problems but it was all good, i just didnt know i bought a write off Where did you take it Crappy Tire?

Mr. Burns
10-04-2005, 10:06 PM
He didn't decieve you. It is not his fault you couldn't piece it together.

240droptop
10-04-2005, 10:07 PM
if it says on the bill of sale it was rebuit i.e a salvage you got nothing budy however if its not on the bill of sale and assumeing he diddint say nothing to you about it being rebuilt or salvaged then you can sue.

:closed:

tupes23
10-04-2005, 10:07 PM
well the real question is "does rebuilt mean previous insurance write off? does anyone have a sure answer to that?

tupes23
10-04-2005, 10:08 PM
its is on the bill of sale.

lastprodigy
10-04-2005, 10:10 PM
^^ thats what you gotta prove...we cant tell you if he lied or what

tupes23
10-04-2005, 10:10 PM
does anyone have any facts about this topic, it seems like everyone is talking out of opinion rather than facts.

Shoebox//Racer
10-04-2005, 10:13 PM
maybe you should get a lawyer?

Sharpie
10-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Have you talked to the guy?

jizzajames
when i read a for sale ad.. and it says rebuilt.. i think write-off. it has been repaired, and inspected. and is now drivable again.

if he said rebuilt.. he told you.

you should have asked around to see what rebuilt meant.
in other words. you are hooped.
best bet is.. do a carfax report on it and hope to find something like the odometer turned back.. then you'll have a reason to sue him. you'll get some money back.

3G
well the real question is "does rebuilt mean previous insurance write off? does anyone have a sure answer to that?

For the 1000th time dude, rebuilt means it was previously written off and fixed then inspected and let back on the road. look at ur registration itll say "rebuilt" now u wont get far with us if u pursue anything :closed:

v8killah
10-04-2005, 10:19 PM
if it checked out fiune, what does it matter?

written off can mean alot of things.

tupes23
10-04-2005, 10:19 PM
naw, the odometer is digital, im fucked. thanks for the help guys.

sweetchariot
10-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Re-Built:- ie Taken from a piece o shite then Rebuilt....what more did you need to know????

Heres the definition fromOxford dictionary:-

rebuild:

rebuild
A verb
1 rebuild, reconstruct
build again; "The house was rebuild after it was hit by a bomb"
Category Tree:
make; create
╚construct; build; make
╚rebuild, reconstruct

If it said it on the bill of sale..like eveyone else said....YOUR SOL

Sharpie
10-04-2005, 10:20 PM
How much did pay for this car? Also what kind of car?

tupes23
10-04-2005, 10:21 PM
its a 01' 2 door civic, 11g's

Sharpie
10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
its a 01' 2 door civic, 11g's
Damn maybe try parting out?

Weapon_R
10-04-2005, 10:28 PM
For the 20,000th time now, rebuilt/repaired means that your car was written off previously. How can you even begin to argue that he didn't tell you, especially when its written on the ONLY document you have that you signed yourself??!

That is so blatant that I cannot believe you are asking. You signed a bill of sale that told you it was rebuilt and you are trying to convince us that you didn't know? Try telling that to a judge, it'd be pretty funny to watch.

euro_racer
10-04-2005, 10:53 PM
the car WAS a write off, but Not Any More NOW ITS rebuilt, as in fixed and inspected....nothing wrong with it if it passed the write off inspection (very strict bodywork and frame inspection)...the car should be still pretty safe to drive if it was fixed properly (and it must have been fixed properly if it passed inspection), so enjoy the below the cost price you got it for (im assuming you got it below the cost cuz its a repaired vehicle)

and NO you can not do anything to the seller, he was absolutely 100% honest with you, your fault you dont know what "repaired" means, sorry

EDIT: rebuilt can also mean that the car was a theft recovery, wich would mean no previous damage to the car's body:thumbsup:

DannyO
10-05-2005, 12:28 AM
OK, hopefully for the last time, yes REBUILT means it was a write off or a theft recovery, also try and find out what exactly was broken in order for it to get the REBUILT title, sometimes not much major shit has to break to get it, afew weeks ago I hit a curb, and did some damage to my suspension, front fender and my damn airbags went off, because of the prices for these things from a dealer, the car would cost about $8000 honda dollars to fix, so my car is classed as a write off, honda told me anything over 4g because of the blue book value of my car would make it a write off, its done by percentage of price to fix it, but since I can get these parts cheaper (IE NOT HONDA, well not for all of it) I can fix my car for about 1300 bux, the only major thing was my suspension, which 120 bux later (thanks to a donor car) is now fixed, the rest of the car is fine for driving, just needs a couple more of those useless airbags, which won't cost much aswell (as you can get them for a good price outside of honda, thanks to this cars design, there is no repacking bags, only new units), anyway, the point I'm making is, my car would be classed as a write off probably, but the car is fine, I would only be unhappy about a write off car if it had major frame damage, if it just had to have body and mechanical work done, well who cares, the car is probably fine, be happy you got a good car for cheap.

rage2
10-05-2005, 12:32 AM
i recently purchased a vehicle through a private sale and on the bill of sale the seller stated that 'the vehicle has been in a previous accident and has a rebuilt status, buyer accepts all responsiblity and is sold in "as is" condition'. is it possible that I can make a claim to amvic because I didnt realize it was a write off.
I recently met a chick online and on her nexopia profile she states that 'she was once married and is now single'. Is it possible for me to sue her cuz now I'm dating her and I didnt realize she was divorced?

DannyO
10-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I recently met a chick online and on her nexopia profile she states that 'she was once married and is now single'. Is it possible for me to sue her cuz now I'm dating her and I didnt realize she was divorced?

:rofl:

If this works, can I go buy a small tv and then sue them as I thought I was buying a 60" Plasma tv?

lastprodigy
10-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by rage2

lol owned by the owner (of beyond) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

legendboy
10-05-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm pretty sure that any repaired vehicle is suppose to have it writen on the bill of sale. I would say you COULD make a claim with amvic. Just have a read thru the fair trading act on the site, i think it mentions something about this in there.

eur0
10-05-2005, 08:17 AM
is the car silver with black headlights?

CRX-R
10-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
I'm pretty sure that any repaired vehicle is suppose to have it writen on the bill of sale. I would say you COULD make a claim with amvic. Just have a read thru the fair trading act on the site, i think it mentions something about this in there.

:rofl: Wow, Run legendboy, this guy's rubbing off on you... In his first post he even says that it's on the bill of sale.. :rofl: