PDA

View Full Version : coming to news stands in 2006....

dymz999
10-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Took me long enough to finally get the car noticed. News stands in March of 2006 I am told...

240droptop
10-04-2005, 09:54 PM
what magazine?

Lo)2enz0
10-04-2005, 09:56 PM
in what mag?

suprised you got noticed with those crappy tire rims.

make sure you fix that valve cover leak as well

snowboard
10-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by dymz999
Took me long enough to finally get the car noticed. News stands in March of 2006 I am told...

I'm not sayin my car is sweeter, or Trying to be rude, but come on man, are you for real?? nice car and all, but magazinable???

dymz999
10-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Wow pot shot at the car, shame i can't say anything about your car since i haven't seen it in person.

Anyways fully built motor with 9:1 compression CP pistons, eagle rods, greddy head studs, greddy valve springs, jwt c1 cams. right now i'm working on getting the full-race manifold onto the engine with the engine in the car, for the record its a bit of a bitch to fit in there. Perhaps if you could actually see all the mods right in front of you well youd be a little more amazed. For the record the company sponsoring my car for 2006 helped me get it in. I still have to paint the engine bay and finish cleaning off everything, including hiding the wiring and things like this. I was given pretty specific instructions of what should be done to the car for preparation.

I think its just hard to compare anything to anything in calgary since when i'm at these meets you never see people with an open engine bay, kinda strange...

FiveFreshFish
10-05-2005, 07:20 AM
Congrats. Is that the actual photo used in the magazine?

dymz999
10-05-2005, 07:27 AM
No, they have not disclosed all the details of exactly when things are going to happen to me yet.

Lo)2enz0
10-05-2005, 08:13 AM

I think its just hard to compare anything to anything in calgary since when i'm at these meets you never see people with an open engine bay, kinda strange...

The reason is because most of us are friends and we all know what we have.

i know of a couple nicer s13's in calgary, and I plan on being one of them once the car is painted.

heavyD
10-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Who's the chick?

bspot
10-05-2005, 08:39 AM
I would not pay money for a piece of paper with a picture of that car on it. :dunno:

dymz999
10-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Thats great! Most of the motors i've seen in person are all next to stock thats why i ask. There has been a lot done to this car in particular though, that you can't see, well some stuff you can. like the dual fal fans running off a digital fan controller (pretty cool as it is). To me the looks more a less came last for this car.

And well i dont really care what people could think because your opinion is your opinion and you can have it. It is always nice to hear what others think as you can use that to look at things from a different point of view. I've had people since May when i got the car back taking pictures of the bloody thing all the time in mall parking lots, at the university, at mcmahon stadium well pretty much all over the place because they liked how it looked a lot. Not to mention the couple people that were taking picture while driving in traffic, that kinda scares me when you see a guy behind you with a camera to his head with 1 hand on a steering wheel.

good luck on your goals though. i did mean to ask you. How much boost were you running on your S15 T28 when the headgasket went, i'm just curious.

DonJuan
10-05-2005, 08:59 AM
dude don't take this personally, but honestly I think that you car looks great and the kouki tails are a nice addition but the car looks fairly stock. There are nicer examples of S13's in Calgary (spoonEK9), which could be why the mags have taken so long to notice you.

Boost Infested
10-05-2005, 10:47 AM
LOL............ too funny

so much drama in this community.. :drama:

Team_Mclaren
10-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Boost Infested

jack can i put your car on my maganize?:poosie:

j/k
i'm happy for you, not the nicest but still a decent 240 IMO. its good that your work finally got rewarded.

Zephyr
10-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I guess it doesn't take much to get into a Canadian magazine?

Congrats?

A790
10-05-2005, 11:12 AM
From what I've seen from dymz car, it's a nice car. For sure, I don't doubt it.

However, I'm not as "amazed" as I apparantly should be.

Congratulations on getting the car in a magazine though- let me know which one and which month, and I'll make sure I'll pick one up :)

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-05-2005, 12:14 PM
*cough* door jams *cough*

JordanLotoski
10-05-2005, 12:17 PM
what magazine is it in, the autotrader? or russian mail order bride magazine?

least the girls cute!!

;)

jdmakkord
10-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Maybe take off the winter wheels, and get some real summers on there. Your car is definately lacking in that dept.

JDMDC2
10-05-2005, 12:53 PM
His shit is hella flush, must be running 0 offset on that, im sorry but ive seen your posts and you seem to think your car is some pretty hot stuff, dont get me wrong your car is nice, but its not magazine worthy, just because you have a built motor does not mean you have the package, and its not there sorry man sorry to kill your high, as well your car is very high

on the FLUSH note

http://www.speedtechracing.com/images/media_cars/15/Nick257.jpg
http://www.speedtechracing.com/images/media_cars/15/Nick061.jpg

chong_wallace
10-05-2005, 01:04 PM
sure you got a built motor but like JDMDC2 says your car is not even close to magazine worthy

overall a basic car at best :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

edit: spoonek9 pretty much did everything you did years ago, dmyz you don't need to act like your car is the shit, unless you're speaking of literal shit:drama:

Lo)2enz0
10-05-2005, 01:16 PM
la de da da

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-05-2005, 01:16 PM
eww you posted my wheel gap, nooo.

Lo)2enz0
10-05-2005, 01:20 PM
common jeeves i know you can find more problems than that....

i think jeeves car is so much better than yours dymz

as for my amount of boost running with the t28 it was only 6 psi because when you install those damn turbo's onto ca's they seem to only like to go to 6psi, but thats still just a bit faster than a stock ca running 1 bar. there is a write up on NICO on how to bypass it but i am not going to worry right now

maybe next meet you can drive by us 10 times like back in july i believe it was. you came, left and than kept driving by...attention whore I think

plus for someone who "knows" so much about s13's and there engines i would think that a simple valve cover leak would be fixed asap.

plus i am still waiting on that dyno sheet to prove your numbers..you didn't replying to that thread.

as for that damn AB flug headlight "conversion" its ugly, there is a reason why 99.999999% of the 240sx owners hate them. plus its freaking impossiable to drive with them at night.

and i know your going to fight like a teenager at anything I say.

snowboard
10-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
eww you posted my wheel gap, nooo.

yo sickest S13 in calgary, Whats it matter, hardly noticable cause those rims are so sick. Dym'z is car is nice, but i mean come on. Spoonek9 Runs shit, that car is amaze. Until Mine is finished i mean. hahaha Just kiddding.

DonJuan
10-05-2005, 01:32 PM
it's kina peculiar that he's bashing people that don't open the hood cuz of stock engines but if open his hood with all the mods he's done the engine would still look stock... oh wait almost forgot... the ONLY external mod is the electric fans... hmmmm

86max
10-05-2005, 01:41 PM
You're going to need more than that s15 T28 at race wars:devil:

Sorry about straying off topic, but who has the fastest s13 in Calgary? Alvin Auto?

tillabongster
10-05-2005, 01:43 PM
oh so YOU'RE spoonek9's steezbiter haha

i saw your 'hot' car on the streets yesterday and let me tell you this: you have a long way to go buddy.

How the hell do you think your car is anywhere near magazine-worthy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nice monster truck tire/wheel combo btw, make sure you take me for a ride with your boggers

snowboard
10-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 86max

Sorry about straying off topic, but who has the fastest s13 in Calgary? Alvin Auto?

i think autodream has some crazy shit in the works man..

86max
10-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

i think autodream has some crazy shit in the works man..

If they can get any traction with it ;D

DonJuan
10-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by tillabongster
nice monster truck tire/wheel combo btw, make sure you take me for a ride with your boggers
Thats pretty funny!:rofl: :thumbsup:

finboy
10-05-2005, 02:36 PM
meh, there are nicer, but i guess those guys aren't worried about magazine coverage :dunno:

chris
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested

so much drama in this community.. :drama:
seems to revolve around one person in particular:dunno: :dunno:

wat magazine is it in? otherwise somebody should shut this thread down as he's just being an attention whore, kind of like the person in the picture, minus the attention part of course.

snowboard
10-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by chris

as he's just being an attention whore, kind of like the person in the picture, minus the attention part of course.

Thats just rude guyy??

AutodreamMarvin
10-05-2005, 02:51 PM
You're going to need more than that s15 T28 at race wars:devil:

Yeah I'd like to know also.

The three fastest I know of are:
Matt Cooper 92 S13 with S14 engine: 12.8 in Med. Hat
Chris Reese S14 with RB20: 12.8 in Edmonton
Nguyen S14 with RB26: 12.4 in Edmonton

86max
10-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by brbHPR
The three fastest I know of are:
Matt Cooper 92 S13 with S14 engine: 12.8 in Med. Hat

A roll of tinfoil, bag if ice, left-over cardboard boxes, and your own pit crew will do wonders!

Thats just rude guyy??

It's okay to be mean to ugly people lol

snowboard
10-05-2005, 03:02 PM

I guess im just not up on the beyond Drama. haha my bad.

chris
10-05-2005, 03:19 PM

exactly, hahahaha:thumbsup:

dymz999
10-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Sooo many funny people? hey andrew was that a real remark you were making or just a joke? I find it rather interesting...

EK 2.0
10-05-2005, 06:14 PM

:rolleyes:

Wow pot shot at the car, shame i can't say anything about your car since i haven't seen it in person.

Anyways fully built motor with 9:1 compression CP pistons, eagle rods, greddy head studs, greddy valve springs, jwt c1 cams. right now i'm working on getting the full-race manifold onto the engine with the engine in the car, for the record its a bit of a bitch to fit in there. Perhaps if you could actually see all the mods right in front of you well youd be a little more amazed. For the record the company sponsoring my car for 2006 helped me get it in. I still have to paint the engine bay and finish cleaning off everything, including hiding the wiring and things like this. I was given pretty specific instructions of what should be done to the car for preparation.

:rolleyes: I know a lot of the Nissan owners in Calgary well enough to know they dont need to "flaunt" what they got under their hoods, or what their car is suspended on...I would much rather be seen rolling in Andy's whip than be seen in what you for some odd reason like to call "Jeeves' Twin"...I dont see a resemblance do you or anyone else for that matter??

Thats great! Most of the motors i've seen in person are all next to stock thats why i ask. There has been a lot done to this car in particular though, that you can't see, well some stuff you can. like the dual fal fans running off a digital fan controller (pretty cool as it is). To me the looks more a less came last for this car.

And well i dont really care what people could think because your opinion is your opinion and you can have it. It is always nice to hear what others think as you can use that to look at things from a different point of view. I've had people since May when i got the car back taking pictures of the bloody thing all the time in mall parking lots, at the university, at mcmahon stadium well pretty much all over the place because they liked how it looked a lot. Not to mention the couple people that were taking picture while driving in traffic, that kinda scares me when you see a guy behind you with a camera to his head with 1 hand on a steering wheel.

good luck on your goals though. i did mean to ask you. How much boost were you running on your S15 T28 when the headgasket went, i'm just curious.

:rolleyes: Man I had NO IDEA that dual electric fans were mag worthy mods. Tell me If I get two for my rad and two more to cool my VTEC Solenoid do you think you can work your DYMZ magic and get me into the mag with you?? Seen the car in person and although I can say I do give you a lil bit of credit for painting a kit, there are far meaner and more bad-ass looking S13's in town. Without naming the more famous ones...Boost Infested's is a bad-ass S13 and my fave in Calgary, my friend Kent had a mag worthy exterior on his white S13 w/ the S15 front conversion.

Sooo many funny people? hey andrew was that a real remark you were making or just a joke? I find it rather interesting...

:rolleyes:

Inthered
10-05-2005, 06:17 PM

yo sickest S13 in calgary, Whats it matter, hardly noticable cause those rims are so sick. Dym'z is car is nice, but i mean come on. Spoonek9 Runs like shit with the cracked block from dumping water on it , that car is amaze. Until Mine is finished i mean. hahaha Just kiddding.(ummmm....spell much boardsnow????)

chris
10-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

I would much rather be seen rolling in Andy's whip than be seen in what you for some odd reason like to call "Jeeves' Twin"...I dont see a resemblance do you or anyone else for that matter??

both their cars are red:dunno:

RickDaTuner
10-05-2005, 06:32 PM
oh oh when do we get to the banning... thats my favourite part:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Bitch is you retarded, trying to show up everyone on beyond? are you even aware of half the Quality rides that are on here:dunno:

But anyway if your car did/or is going to make it:rolleyes: to "a" magazine... congrats, I guess Kneil and Bob sure did a good job helping you out:thumbsup: :drama:

l8braker
10-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
what magazine is it in, the autotrader? or russian mail order bride magazine?

least the girls cute!!

;)

Hahahaha.

True, nice chickie!

snowboard
10-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Inthered

What did i spell wrong?
Noticable?
I'm not gunna lie. i cant spell. :rolleyes:

JordanLotoski
10-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

Hahahaha.

True, nice chickie!

finally, after 30 post i get some recognition for that zinger..yeeehawww

EK 2.0
10-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
finally, after 30 post i get some recognition for that zinger..yeeehawww

pfffft a true e-comedian doesn't need recognition...haha

heavyD
10-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by JDMDC2

http://www.speedtechracing.com/images/media_cars/15/Nick257.jpg
http://www.speedtechracing.com/images/media_cars/15/Nick061.jpg

I don't like 240's but for some reason this one I like. Maybe it's the paint as that's a beautiful red.

Redlyne_mr2
10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Whats this car everyone is talking about? Pics?

habsfan
10-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Whats this car everyone is talking about? Pics?

he edited his post and removed his pic because of all the flaming he got for his not magazine worthy car.

DonJuan
10-05-2005, 09:24 PM
he even removed the pic from the members rides section.

ToyVitzRS
10-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
he even removed the pic from the members rides section.

Aww man! Does this mean i have to wait til i see it on the magazine shelves?!...:cry:

chris
10-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ToyVitzRS

Aww man! Does this mean i have to wait til i see it on the magazine shelves?!...:cry:
nope, hahaha,theres still a picture in another thread, let the flaming continue:devil:

Boost Infested
10-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Request: PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!

schurchill39
10-05-2005, 10:15 PM
:closed:
I personally dont see where all this bashing came from. I think he has a nice car and I respect the work he put into it. He was just stoked he got in a magasine. Yes some times he does "talk up" his stuff a little but thats no reason for the rediculous amount of bashing

ToyVitzRS
10-05-2005, 10:17 PM
ehhh

Ya'll made it seem like the car was hurtful to the eyes or something, it's not that bad in my opinion.

But hey what would i know i only drive an echo. YAY!

86max
10-05-2005, 10:21 PM

Kinda both, I was jokingly getting the point across that a lot of these guys who leave their hoods closed don't have stock motors, and that t28 might not be able to get your car as fast as theirs. Wasn't meant to be insulting or anything. Thought I'd throw in a little fast and furious humour to lighten the situation, seeing as how everyone's so bent on flaming you and your car.

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 10:22 PM
The amount of hating in this thread is pretty disappointing...