PDA

View Full Version : ever see FOX bad mouth Canada.

SinisterProbeGt
10-04-2005, 11:47 PM
IGNORANCE ON FOX CNN - UNBELIEVABLE!!!
:thumbsdow
http://www3.telus.net/public/cwdance/misc/yankees.wmv
check this video out.
media just trashes on us for like 5 min.

FiveFreshFish
10-04-2005, 11:49 PM
FOX or CNN?

hampstor
10-04-2005, 11:50 PM
i dont understand, your topic says 'fox' but your post says cnn...

SinisterProbeGt
10-05-2005, 12:00 AM
ok sry I had to upload the file ok check it out now the link is in the first post..

403Gemini
10-05-2005, 12:17 AM
old but a piss off still, i fuckin hate ann coulter.

never heard somebody say "united states of america" so much ugh

rage2
10-05-2005, 12:28 AM
uhh, we do WAY more "dumb american" jokes WAY more than the US bashes Canada.

From a US point of view, they have a point. If they didn't help us, we WOULD get owned by Norway lol.

We have what, 1 submarine to cover both coasts? Wait, we have a 2nd one now, but it's half broken and it killed a guy already trying to get here. Face it, our armed forces are pathetic, and we would get slaughtered if we werent' sitting right beside the USA.

Fluidic
10-05-2005, 12:41 AM
lol

Good fun. I know who I am. I'm Canadian. I'm proud. No one else can tell me to feel good or bad about myself.

:)

googe
10-05-2005, 12:47 AM
nah, even if we werent beside the usa i dont think anyone would bother us. thats cause we dont bother them. were good at minding our own business, unlike some countries.

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by rage2
uhh, we do WAY more "dumb american" jokes WAY more than the US bashes Canada.

From a US point of view, they have a point. If they didn't help us, we WOULD get owned by Norway lol.

We have what, 1 submarine to cover both coasts? Wait, we have a 2nd one now, but it's half broken and it killed a guy already trying to get here. Face it, our armed forces are pathetic, and we would get slaughtered if we werent' sitting right beside the USA.

The Canadian military is nothing compared to the U.S, but it ranks among the best in the world otherwise. We have one of the biggest budgets in the world for military spending and some of the most advanced weaponry on the planet. We rank in the top 10 or 15 (can't remember) for world military spending.

Compared to the U.S. and other larger countries, we do have a shitty military yes. But if the need requires, we have a very strong military alliance and defensive pact with so many countries that i'd pity anyone who decided to invade Canada...even without U.S. help.

Goblin
10-05-2005, 03:41 AM
.... Canadian water, gaslines, meat, cattle.......

Lo)2enz0
10-05-2005, 04:02 AM
i wanna give that blonde chick the white dragon, god why do they let the stupid blonde coffee girl talk.

i don't get why there is contrivercy between the 2 of us

RickDaTuner
10-05-2005, 06:25 AM
Ann Coulture(sp) and Tucker Carlson, those guys are only on TV because they provide Shock value, they do not speak for the rest of Americans this is some what of a poor example.

If you ever head down to any part of the usa and ask them questions about canadians , they majority of them will give you Blank stars, as they are more concerned with thier own city/towns than anywhere else

benyl
10-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

The Canadian military is nothing compared to the U.S, but it ranks among the best in the world otherwise. We have one of the biggest budgets in the world for military spending and some of the most advanced weaponry on the planet. We rank in the top 10 or 15 (can't remember) for world military spending.

Compared to the U.S. and other larger countries, we do have a shitty military yes. But if the need requires, we have a very strong military alliance and defensive pact with so many countries that i'd pity anyone who decided to invade Canada...even without U.S. help.

So that is why we sent out military to Afghanistan with green uniforms?

SinisterProbeGt
10-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by benyl

no its the only color uni that good will had enough of..

Fuji
10-05-2005, 09:03 AM

advanced weaponry? You can't compare us to third world countries and the snowbirds don't count!

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 09:35 AM

No, thats why we sent troops to Afghanistan period. And our troops have desert chamo, they just weren't ready at the time. Stop reading the Calgary sun, its a tabloid paper.

Originally posted by Fuji

advanced weaponry? You can't compare us to third world countries and the snowbirds don't count!

Snowbirds? FYI, we don't use the snowbirds. We've always had great fighter planes, from the starfighter to the F-18. If you don't think the F-18 superhornet is an advanced jet, i'm not sure what you expect
:dunno:

legendboy
10-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Ann Coulture(sp) and Tucker Carlson, those guys are only on TV because they provide Shock value, they do not speak for the rest of Americans this is some what of a poor example.

was gonna say basically the same thing. they are both totaly uncredible

/////AMG
10-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Who cares, we make fun of Americans all the time, so does the world. Suck it up!

It's just this time TWO people did it on National telly.

benyl
10-05-2005, 09:59 AM

No, thats why we sent troops to Afghanistan period. And our troops have desert chamo, they just weren't ready at the time. Stop reading the Calgary sun, its a tabloid paper.

Um ya. I saw that on CBC and CTV. Those are the equivalent of Extra aren't they.

Snowbirds? FYI, we don't use the snowbirds. We've always had great fighter planes, from the starfighter to the F-18. If you don't think the F-18 superhornet is an advanced jet, i'm not sure what you expect
:dunno:

It is, for the 1990s. The thing was developed in the '70s.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/fighter/f18/

very state of the art. Not to mention the problems we have with them.

Oh and the Sea King helicopters we have are the bomb!

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 10:06 AM

Um ya. I saw that on CBC and CTV. Those are the equivalent of Extra aren't they.

Well, you can go to sleep comfortably since they have desert chamoflage now.

very state of the art. Not to mention the problems we have with them.

Oh and the Sea King helicopters we have are the bomb!

Most fighter jets were designed in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. The greatest USAF dogfighters (F-15 and F-14) were developed in the 60s. Even the famous F-16 was developed prior to the F-18. They are still used extensively by the U.S. airforce today. The F-18 is considered a newer jet by any standards.

The Sea Kings are shitty, but they are being replaced in the next couple of years with a brand new fleet.

Fuji
10-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Fuji
10-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 10:29 AM

benyl
10-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Well, you can go to sleep comfortably since they have desert chamoflage now.

Wow, I am going to sleep better at night knowing that.

Most fighter jets were designed in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. The greatest USAF dogfighters (F-15 and F-14) were developed in the 60s. Even the famous F-16 was developed prior to the F-18. They are still used extensively by the U.S. airforce today. The F-18 is considered a newer jet by any standards.

The Sea Kings are shitty, but they are being replaced in the next couple of years with a brand new fleet.

So the where is our f22 raptor and the joint strike fighter? Where are our Stealth planes?

We still have trucks that we use from the 1950s. I have seen them driving around town (by the mawata armory).

ooo aahhh... we have f18s... and a bunch of K series pickup trucks from the 1980s. Man, can't we get some hummers? I know we bought a bunch of G wagons... so they are trying.

They have been trying to replace those Sea King Helicopters since Mulroney was in power... some of us will be dead by the time they are replaced. Chances are, we will probably buy something used from the Britain (think subs) or the US.

civic_stylez
10-05-2005, 10:32 AM
its kinda like a sibling thing...we bash the US the US bashes us but in the end, we both work together all the time.. i find americans to be way more patriotic than us and the tend to vioce it a little more and sometimes it gets outta hand though...but i dont have many bad things to say about the states..

THEIR BEER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

benyl
10-05-2005, 10:51 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nice try.

rage2
10-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
i find americans to be way more patriotic than us and the tend to vioce it a little more and sometimes it gets outta hand though...
You've got to be kidding me. We're way more anti-US than the US are anti-canadian. Look at all the US jokes we do. The Bush jokes. Hell we have canadian TV specials that makes fun of americans.

If anything the US are way more PC than us, and keeps their mouths shut about their opinions a lot. Sure once in a while we'll see stuff like this, but that's just pure shock value to get ratings.

A790
10-05-2005, 11:08 AM

civic_stylez
10-05-2005, 11:11 AM

You've got to be kidding me. We're way more anti-US than the US are anti-canadian. Look at all the US jokes we do. The Bush jokes. Hell we have canadian TV specials that makes fun of americans.

If anything the US are way more PC than us, and keeps their mouths shut about their opinions a lot. Sure once in a while we'll see stuff like this, but that's just pure shock value to get ratings.

yeah but we live up here so we hear it more... im sure that the jokes are just as bad south of the border! theres no doubt that some people do it on air for shock value but we get our fair share of the shit too...and hell look at all the chretien jokes we used to do as well...bush gets made fun of more because hes a larger figure than paul martin..

AND THEIR BEER STILL SUCKS!

rage2
10-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
yeah but we live up here so we hear it more... im sure that the jokes are just as bad south of the border!
Uhh watch american TV. Watch Canadian TV. You don't have to live in the states to realized that the US really doesn't know much about us up here.

benyl
10-05-2005, 11:19 AM

Uhh watch american TV. Watch Canadian TV. You don't have to live in the states to realized that the US really doesn't know much about us up here.

They don't care about anything outside of the 50 states. Can you blame them?

streetarab
10-05-2005, 01:11 PM
i dont know much about what goes on in canada, but can you honestly say that you know what happens in the us, face it, unless its a major story you have no fuckin clue

and i make fun of the US way more than canada

heavyD
10-05-2005, 01:57 PM
They don't care about anything outside of the 50 states. Can you blame them?

Not when they have cities with almost as many people as Canada has period. Canada is a blip an the radar for them and really why should it be any more. Canada isn't really relevant to the US or the rest of the world for that matter. Macleans once had a cover article titled something like "If Canada disappeared would the world care?". It's a good read and shows how irrelevant this country really is to the rest of the world.

How many times a year do you get in a conversation or read a news article about Norwegians or the Austrians two smaller comparable countries that are population-wise are growing much faster than Canada? Unless you have relatives I am betting never. Canada is to other countries the same.

I talk and work with Americans on a daily basis and honestly I find Americans as a whole friendlier and easier to deal with as far a business goes.

Americans are more patriotic because whether you like them or not their importance in the world can't be denied and they have an identity. Canada is a country lacking identity as there is really no direction. You have Ontario and a bunch of disgruntled provinces. East hates the west, west hates the east, and Quebec hates everyone. Legalizing gay marriage was the political headline of the year which just goes to show that more importance is placed on making small minorities happy than making the country as a whole happy. Adscam is gone and forgotten because hey the government ripped all Canadians off so that's okay. If Adscam affected a minority group there would be far more outrage & justice would be done. That's why they call us "those wacky Canadians".

l8braker
10-05-2005, 02:00 PM
who cares what they think of us :dunno: :dunno:

Vagabond142
10-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

That's why they call us "those wacky Canadians".

I'll have you know that I am proud to be a wacky Canadian :thumbsup: Hell, just being Canadian is enough. We may not have "identity," but we do have community, and that is what makes us strong.

Plus, we have shirts that prove we kick ass :bigpimp:

QuasarCav
10-05-2005, 02:32 PM

We still have trucks that we use from the 1950s. I have seen them driving around town (by the mawata armory).

The one at Mewata armouries are for the reserves, the branch that is usually the last to see any sort of upgraded equipment.

I dont see a point in buying something new if the old vehicles work just fine and require a less costly maintenence schedule.

Would you rather have a bunch of troops in fancy hummers that are trained like cattle or a group of soldiers trained properly with older equipment? It's our training that sets us apart from the yanks, not our level of funding.

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
i dont understand, your topic says 'fox' but your post says cnn...

cnn is owned by fox. Stupid fox controlling "the news".
Isnt some one related to bush(brother/cousin) a dominant figure at fox..

heavyD
10-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

I'll have you know that I am proud to be a wacky Canadian :thumbsup: Hell, just being Canadian is enough. We may not have "identity," but we do have community, and that is what makes us strong.

Plus, we have shirts that prove we kick ass :bigpimp:

Ha Ha. I would rather live in the US but being Canadian isn't so bad. I am a bit down on the Canada at the moment as there is no general direction. The government has proven time after time that they are nothing more than a bunch of bumbling idiot businessmen that steal taxpayer money for their own interests while selling the people that higher taxes are required to provide less services.

Canada is an underachieveing and underutilized country. We have a country larger than the US in size and just as rich with resources yet our population is stagnant and only two provinces make money. We have provinces that have separatist groups and the inevitablility of Quebec separting which leaves a constant cloud over the country. This country should be a power player in the world but seems content to move sideways rather than forward. I just find it hard to be proud at this time.

rage2
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
cnn is owned by fox.
No it's not. Fox is owned by News Corp (Rupert Murdoch). CNN is owned by Time Warner (Ted Turner, the guy that bought and sold WCW).

Vagabond142
10-05-2005, 02:57 PM
heavyD: True, Canada isn't a daisy-filled paradise, but I would MUCH rather live here than the US. The governments of BOTH countries are filled with anally rententive cockgobbling fucktards, but I think we get the longer end of the stick. Look at the advantages: healthcare is provided, vs having to pay for surgeries that, in an instant, can make a middle class family a poverty stricken one. We have more job protection than many in the US have. We got better cows <_< We are seen as a friendly nation worldwide when as with the US, there are some countries that you can get **SHOT** just for saying that you're American. Canada has a superb military that uses training over numbers (the average infantryman in Canada is trained to the level of a US Special Forces Ranger, and that's just basic infantry in Canada), which is dedicated to peaceKEEPING vs "peacemaking." We have a riproaring economy that is *MOSTLY* stable, vs the ups and downs that the US has suffered for the past decade.

I could go on, but then people would come back, and rightly so, with pro-American things. All I have to say is that I am proud to be a Canadian, and there is shit-all in the world that will lead me to believe that despite freezing our balls off 7 months of the year, I would want to live anywhere else.

heavyD
10-05-2005, 03:09 PM
I could go on, but then people would come back, and rightly so, with pro-American things. All I have to say is that I am proud to be a Canadian, and there is shit-all in the world that will lead me to believe that despite freezing our balls off 7 months of the year, I would want to live anywhere else.

I'm happy you feel that way. I don't but that is okay also. If Canada is as great as you say how come no one wants to live here? You do know that USA is the number one destination for immigrants over the world. The ones that can't get into the US, come to Canada. The US will double their population of over 300 million before Canada doubles its mealsly 30 million. Why is that?

Vagabond142
10-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Cuz we're colder (climate) and because we're not as "lucrative" for personal wealth (the American Dream, as it's called).

Nothing wrong with 30 million people. More for everyone. Plus, it keeps social pressures low and allows for an easier to maintain country, in all honesty.

Goblin
10-05-2005, 04:25 PM
So, anyone up for dog sled races?

Rav4Guy
10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Its called Inter-Dependence. Canada needs the US, US needs Canada. Yes.... US has the military but we have the resources.... we have the resources... but the americans buy LOTS of it.

Globilization > Canada, USA.

Redlyne_mr2
10-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Canada has a pile of Allies, national defense or no national defense the commonwealth would step forward and kill them all.

403Gemini
10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Cuz we're colder (climate) and because we're not as &quot;lucrative&quot; for personal wealth (the American Dream, as it's called).

Nothing wrong with 30 million people. More for everyone. Plus, it keeps social pressures low and allows for an easier to maintain country, in all honesty.

social pressures low?

thats an absolute ludacris statement

iceburns288
10-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Cuz we're colder (climate) and because we're not as &quot;lucrative&quot; for personal wealth (the American Dream, as it's called).
What does the desire for wealth have to do with how big our population is?:confused:

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Canada has a pile of Allies, national defense or no national defense the commonwealth would step forward and kill them all.

We ARE that commonwealth!

Weapon_R
10-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288

What does the desire for wealth have to do with how big our population is?:confused:

Greater economic base to sell products to. 30 million people in a land larger than the United States means that you have far less people in any given region of Canada. The U.S. has just under 300million people which translates to 10x the population density. When I went through the U.S. this summer, it seemed to be so much 'busier' than Canada. Everyone was busy, from the gas stations to the food outlets to the malls.

Hakkola
10-07-2005, 08:15 PM

ooo aahhh... we have f18s... and a bunch of K series pickup trucks from the 1980s. Man, can't we get some hummers? I know we bought a bunch of G wagons... so they are trying.

So they are trying? You do realize the G wagen is a hundred times better than a humvee, right?

Besides that I think the Canadian army is weaksauce. I'd also rather live in the states, but only because of the fact that I freeze my nuts off 7 months of the year :D

anarchy
10-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Canada and the United States depend on each other heavily. We are each other's largest trading partners and our economies are directly related to one another.

I think all this talk about who's army is better is irrelevant. People who say if Canada wasn't neighbours with the US that we'd get destroyed. And why would that be? There would be no reason to come after us in the first place. Secondly, we have many allies that would prevent that from happening.

Things like gay marriage being legalized is inevitable, and rightly so. It's not about pleasing a minority, it's about moving in a liberal direction and ensuring that we live up to our ideal that everyone is treated equally.

And as others have mentioned, people like Ann Coulture, Tucker Carlson and Rush Limbaugh among others simply spout garbage out of their mouth for pure shock value. If all you had to do to become famous and well known was to get on tv/radio and talk a lot of trash, then it starts to make sense why they do it.