PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Help??Plz

TheXplosion
10-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Hey all I know a few of you guys know your stuff, I dont!

Since Ramadam started i cant eat from 7 till 7, i have work from 7-7:thumbsdow , but i wanna work out either before or after, or maybe even on my hour break i get for lunch(which i cant eat)...

SOOO.. heres the question...Do you think it would be good to work even if there is no food in me?

and if i was to drink a protein drink before starting and ending my fast, would it help???

What do you think i should do...Thx:nut:

1-Cent
10-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Trying to workout when you're fasting to such an extent is not a good idea for anyone. You'd be in a catabolic state just sitting there, intense excersize would only magnify it many times over. Your best bet in preserving as much muscle as possible during this time is a diet high in fats, yes you heard me right lol all kinds of fats, poly, mono and saturated fats. Its a very common practice during the offseason in competitive bodybuiding, you want to create an abundant energy source for your body to tap into during the day, by eating a high fat diet it will become the first source of energy to burn rather than muscle tissue. You will lose muscle but that should minimize it as much as possible. I would not work out though

TheXplosion
10-05-2005, 01:02 AM
:eek: damn, what fat substance would you best recommend,i need one that tastes good, i cant bare the taste of some of these drinks:barf:

Thx

three.eighteen.
10-05-2005, 01:11 AM
*considers the business opportunities of marketing fat supplements*

1-Cent
10-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by TheXplosion
:eek: damn, what fat substance would you best recommend,i need one that tastes good, i cant bare the taste of some of these drinks:barf:

Thx

lol anything with fat usualy tastes pretty good, you don't have to descriminate in this case... like baccon, burgers, eggs, cottage cheese, sausage, pork, your favorite ice cream, etc. if its meat don't go for the lean or processed version of it, potatoe chips are full of saturated fats, nachos w/ everything, smokies... list goes on, everything people always say not to eat, eat it lol except simple sugars they'll just burn off right away like candy and shit like that.

TheXplosion
10-05-2005, 01:44 AM
sweet, thank allot, and i should do this for all of ramadam.:thumbsup:

Davetronz
10-05-2005, 06:37 PM
I really give credit to the men and ladies who participate in ramadam. One of my former employees was telling me about it while I was his manager last year. The eating thing I think I could handle, but I am pretty sure he said that you can't drink anything either from sun up to sundown! Not even WATER?!?!

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Nothing. Cigarettes, fluids, food, gum, nothing.

1-Cent
10-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Davetronz
I really give credit to the men and ladies who participate in ramadam. One of my former employees was telling me about it while I was his manager last year. The eating thing I think I could handle, but I am pretty sure he said that you can't drink anything either from sun up to sundown! Not even WATER?!?!

Could hooking yourself up to an IV and IV'ing nutrients be considered a loop hole? lol if not I think I lost...

Tyler883
10-06-2005, 10:05 AM
If you need to starve yourself for 12 hours to see visions of angels, you might not be as spiritual as you think.

EK 2.0
10-06-2005, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Nothing. Cigarettes, fluids, food, gum, nothing.

the food thing is not an issue for most people...as the moring and evening feasts quickly make up for lack of food intake...BUT...the mind has to be clean and pure...that's the kicker...

No impure thoughts, no swearing, no ogling of the slimmies...man oh man...

Davetronz
10-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mr. Burns
10-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Impossible. I am constantly doing those three things.

Weapon_R
10-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

Could hooking yourself up to an IV and IV'ing nutrients be considered a loop hole? lol if not I think I lost...

:rofl: Reminds me of a friend that fasts during ramadan who uses the nicotine patch during the day. He thinks he's found a loophole because there is no mention of using a patch in the Quran.

You know, that really grinds my gears. Where in the bible does it say that a man can't fire off some knuckle-children in the privacy of his own neighbor's living room while his neighbor's at work because I don't have a DVD player? Well, I don't know where it says it because the Bible was way too long to read!
- Peter Griffin

Davetronz
10-06-2005, 01:51 PM
So yea, lets say you needed to be on IV for something...
Would this be a violation of the Quran?

Or if you required medication?

EK 2.0
10-06-2005, 02:22 PM
So yea, lets say you needed to be on IV for something...
Would this be a violation of the Quran?

Or if you required medication?

even though this is getting kinda off topic...

If you cannot fast for reasons, such as illness, and pregnancy...Like valid reasons, not just because you are hungry haha...you are forgiven...at least this is how it is with Shia Muslims, I forget totally how to make it up, and perhaps a Sunni can state what they do on "their side"....

Wildcat
10-06-2005, 04:30 PM
how long does ramadan last for? like when does it start and end? are you allowed to work during it?

403 Forbidden
10-06-2005, 05:19 PM
No wonder that kid in my class has morning breath all day long. :barf:

Davetronz
10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
how long does ramadan last for? like when does it start and end? are you allowed to work during it?
I am pretty sure my employee said 30 days.
And yes you are allowed to work...
Just no food or drink and sexual stuff from sun up to sun down.