PDA

View Full Version : any one know where to get...

GQBalla
10-05-2005, 12:53 AM
where i can get some "Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound" in calgary?

rinny
10-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Memory Express, go buy it.

GQBalla
10-07-2005, 01:00 AM
hrmm its not on there website...

** edit

sorry found it! thanks!

GQBalla
10-07-2005, 12:21 PM
what do you guys think about Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound?

koopkoop2
10-08-2005, 02:24 AM
It's the best in the biz.

Get the syringe type. You pay a little extra and you get a ton more. If you've never applied this stuff before, the extra amount will give you more to learn with because applying this stuff properly is almost an art. Check out the AS website, before you use it because it's not as simple as applying toothpaste onto a toothbrush.

Get Ceramique instead of the normal kind. The silver content of normal AS5 is conductive. I have Ceramique cooling my 6800GT and it works great.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Yeah, get the larger package, as it takes some trial and error to get the thermal paste thickness just right! I know it took me a few tries to get it down.

GQBalla
10-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by koopkoop2
It's the best in the biz.

Get the syringe type. You pay a little extra and you get a ton more. If you've never applied this stuff before, the extra amount will give you more to learn with because applying this stuff properly is almost an art. Check out the AS website, before you use it because it's not as simple as applying toothpaste onto a toothbrush.

Get Ceramique instead of the normal kind. The silver content of normal AS5 is conductive. I have Ceramique cooling my 6800GT and it works great.

so get the ceramique insteal of the high density silver stuff???

whats this break in period that i read about for the ceramique stuff??

koopkoop2
10-09-2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla

so get the ceramique insteal of the high density silver stuff???

whats this break in period that i read about for the ceramique stuff??

Due to the unique shapes and sizes of the particles in Ceramique, it will take a minimum of 25 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop slightly over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/ceramique_instructions.htm

hampstor
10-09-2005, 02:25 AM
I love how the first precaution is 'not for ingestion'. You know someone's done that when it's the first thing listed ;)

GQBalla
10-10-2005, 05:52 PM
so i can't use my computer for about 25 hours when i apply it??
or its juss that it will not reach maximum effieciency for 25 hours, so i can use my computer right after i apply this stuff?