PDA

View Full Version : Bought some paint for touch-up but.... ???

Chiggles
10-05-2005, 10:47 AM
I went to a shop supplies store and had a spray bomb of paint made to match my car's paint code and used it to re-touch all the little scratches around my bumpers and doors, and everything matches just fine and my scratches are concealed now, except that I can't seem to get the same shine/reflection on the doors at the spots where I repainted as it does where it wasn't repainted. So my question is, am I supposed to put on another layer to bring out the shine or put on a layer of some sort of clear coat?? Needs some polishing perhaps? :dunno:

Rockski
10-05-2005, 10:55 AM
the shine that original paint has is clear coat, so yea im gonna assume that you need to throw some clear coat on it.... but this is just an assumption, havent delt with touch up paint before

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Did you buy single stage paint or base?

If its base, you will need to buy a corresponding clear spray can. If its single stage, you weren't laying the paint on 'wet enough' so it looks like dry spray.

lastprodigy
10-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Yeah, fill it up to the level of the old paint...one of our cars has a dual edged touch up "pen" with paint on one side and clear on the other