PDA

View Full Version : Blaskin and Lane - Calgary

Lex350
10-05-2005, 02:40 PM
So I take my wife's van into their shop to get the spark plug wires and plugs replaced. I would do it myself but:
1) I have NO time
2) My kids crap has taken over half my garage
3) I hate working on the Van

I get an estimate for the work the day before and I am shown a quote for about $170

So I take the van in and after I get a call with the estimate being over $350!!!! You have to be fucking kidding me?!

Turns out that there quote doesn’t include everything...nice of them to point that out a head of time. I can understand a quote inflating a bit but for it to double is just fucking wrong.

This is just like the airlines when they tell you it will only cost you $59 for a ticket to Vancouver but after all the taxes and fees are added in it is really going o cost $249

Now at this point I am pissed but then there comes the kick in the dink! Just above the total they have a $8.35 charge for Shop Supplies. WTF?

So I ask, "what does this mean". I am then told that the $8.35 charge is for rags and grease".

I'm not sure where you would need $8.35 worth of grease and rags for a tune up. I don’t know if there are assholes or just stupid. How could they expect any client not to look at that charge as blatant cash grab. If they had any business sense at all they would bury that into their labor quote as a cost of doing business.

Note to Blaskin and Lane....I prefer to be kissed before I'm fucked!

AllGoNoShow
10-05-2005, 02:49 PM
The estimate part is messed up for sure. But all shops I have seen and been too all charge their shop fees, its just something you live with if you want to get your work done at their shop. If you can't stand shop fees then avoid going to the shops.

rage2
10-05-2005, 03:35 PM
We get charged shop fees for a phone technician to come in to make changes to our phone system. Supplies and Materials! lol

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Wow, did you end up paying it? $350 for spark plugs and wires is ridiculous, especially since it would have cost you about $50 in parts.

Lex350
10-05-2005, 03:59 PM
I know!! I thought the $170 quote was fine with Labor....I'm not done with these guys yet!

Speed_69
10-05-2005, 05:58 PM
yea i got a rediculous quote from them once about a full-tune up too so i didn't go there

and just wondering..ummm spark plugs and wires only takes like 10-15min to change. you couldve done it yourself in the time it took you to drive there and wait.

Weapon_R
10-05-2005, 06:42 PM
^ not for a v6, as some of the plugs are usually in hard to reach places. It's harder than a 4cyl, but 150ish is the norm for a v6 tuneup, not 350!

Kobe
10-05-2005, 06:43 PM
I remember I had a bolt stripped, wouldn't come out... wanted $90 at first.. Call me 45 min later saying they want $180..

I told them 2 screw off, and took the car.. :banghead: :banghead:

7thgenvic
10-05-2005, 06:45 PM
ya you got owned! thats really stupid, if you ahve it on paper, i would be take it in an bitch

SilverBoost
10-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Well I sympathize with your situatoin, but I have to chime in here and say that I took my Jimmy in for 4 new tires and an oil change and they gave me great service, got me in right away, and had it done on time fo rexactly what they quoted me.

There's good and bad experiences at every place. I'd personally never bring another vehicle back to a Canadian Tire, but that's because I got screwqed there once... doesn't mean they don't do anything right... just never for me.

Hope you get it settled.