PDA

View Full Version : Touge / D1 Drifting

Euro_Trash
10-06-2005, 01:03 PM
I was just curious about everyone's opinion on this subject: is Touge better/cooler or would you rather watch D1?

CryoCarnage
10-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Touge. Definately. D1 is more of a entertainment show.

joseph
10-06-2005, 02:11 PM
^^:werd: I prefer to watch touge as well

mdubyac405
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
touge is awesome, back to the roots of drifting.

Redlyne_mr2
10-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Both are very entertaining, however D1 is more dramatic and the speeds are much higher.

mdeleon
10-06-2005, 10:10 PM
plus it's whether you're watchin either of them live or on video, because watchin touge live means you're standin at one point of the path waiting for the car(s) to pass by as with d1, you can basically see most turns from where you are.

infected
10-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Where can we see some "touge" or D1 in Alberta? :D

Euro_Trash
10-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Well basically I brought this up just because I read an article on Touge in Japan, and I can't understand why everyone thinks that Touge is cool and kosher, but street racing is not...

Whats the difference?

Im not like trying to say street racing is fine or whatever, I think the track is the place for racing for sure, but just reading a magazine article about illegal touging (or however you say that) I could never remember reading an article about illegal street racing, because we all say no to street racing

Opinions?

Lo)2enz0
10-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Both are very entertaining, however D1 is more dramatic and the speeds are much higher.

totally agree, but there is nothing like touge, sharper corners and you need to respond faster.

d1 is more awsome to watch cause it more about show

Euro_Trash
10-06-2005, 10:32 PM
And I guess I will throw my opinion into where this thread has headed:

Touge is more interesting because there is more of a risk...
-> mountain roads, cliffs, traffic, etc

Zephyr
10-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by infected
Where can we see some "touge" or D1 in Alberta? :D

Alberta? Probably not. D1 Grand Prix just went to Silverstone, UK. Most likely in the future it will go to Vancouver, if they were to go to Canada, but for now they are busy trying to introduce D1 Street Legal to the States. D1 Japan vrs US this December in California w00t!

Touge is not a performance, it is not a type of professional race. It's just a term for moutain racing. It is pure illegal street racing. D's Club JDM Option video has dvds of touge runs in Japan but it is still illegal canyon racing.

Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Well basically I brought this up just because I read an article on Touge in Japan, and I can't understand why everyone thinks that Touge is cool and kosher, but street racing is not...

Whats the difference?

Im not like trying to say street racing is fine or whatever, I think the track is the place for racing for sure, but just reading a magazine article about illegal touging (or however you say that) I could never remember reading an article about illegal street racing, because we all say no to street racing

Opinions?

Touge is street racing. Just like regular street drag racing it is EXTREMELY dangerous. In fact, Touge is probably 2x times more dangerous then regular street racing. Unpredictable road conditions, tight turns, unpredictable traffic, lack of vision, high risk of falling off a cliff, not enough room for mistakes. Touge is one of the most challenging types of street racing today.

Touge is pronuced Toe-gay literally and it is a Japanese term for canyon racing. Touge is always illegal because it uses public roads that are located in moutain areas. It will always be illegal. Touge is more interesting because anyone can go straight, but not everyone can make it through hard S turns and hairpins quickly.

Redlyne_mr2
10-06-2005, 10:56 PM
They do however have one way mountain roads which is a bonus. But like you said Zeph, still super dangerous, look at how much hurt ricers here get just from street racing. Now imagine putting them on a mountain road and telling them to floor it.

Zephyr
10-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
They do however have one way mountain roads which is a bonus. But like you said Zeph, still super dangerous, look at how much hurt ricers here get just from street racing. Now imagine putting them on a mountain road and telling them to floor it.

Yea, we have a ton of people doing it now. I stay away from moutain roads now because high risk of a collision just driving up. I had a friend of mine with an extremely clean AE86 and he literally was tipping off the cliff when he lost it on a turn.

CryoCarnage
10-07-2005, 11:55 AM
i thought we were talking abour legal togue :dunno:

JCX
10-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
I was just curious about everyone's opinion on this subject: is Touge better/cooler or would you rather watch D1?

Neither.

Toe-gay is dangerous and illegal IMO. It's funny how people smack talk the organized street racers around here, Toe-gay at it's roots is no different. If it's organized and legal I guess that's a slightly differerent.

Zephyr
10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage
i thought we were talking abour legal togue :dunno:

There's no such thing as legal Touge.

infected
10-07-2005, 05:35 PM
:werd: :rofl:

CryoCarnage
10-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

There's no such thing as legal Touge.
yes there is. that d1 drift guy built his own togue haha.

crazydriver
10-07-2005, 11:37 PM
^ weird, i'm gonna agree with Zephyr, Touge is illegal racing, fun and exciting, but dangerous and illegal

Zephyr
10-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage

yes there is. that d1 drift guy built his own togue haha.

Kumakubo built a mini Touge course in Ebisu circuit that also houses a race track and two zoos. You're using an actual race track to argue your point, it's like saying "Well they autocross in the parking lot at the race track and the parking lot is like a street thus street racing is legal." Again, Touge is illegal no matter how you try to go against that, it's a pure fact.

Go be cool and Touge your car, when you crash, that means more parts avaiable at the junk yard.