PDA

View Full Version : Nordic NS-1003 car starter

moparman1970
10-06-2005, 06:48 PM
I resently bought a car from a local dealer, when it was on the lot the remote starter worked, but now it does not. The Problem is it will not start the car, the power locks work, the trunk is not hooked up, but the starter will not start the car, it clicks 3 times and my lights flash, but no starting happens, I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and can tell me how to fix it, or has a trouble shooting guide for the Nordic Start NS-1003
Thanks Mopar Man

Strugari
10-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Sounds like the unit is in tach lock out. (3 Quick Flashes)

Turn the on/off switch off and then on.
You should get two slow flashes of the park lights.

Verify the connection is good to the tach wire (Purple under the hood)

Start the cat with the hood closed and let it run for 30 seconds.
Shut it off and try the remote start. If it is still in tach lock out you may have to relearn the tach.

I have an install guide if you PM me with your email addy I will sent it to you.

moparman1970
10-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Turns out the gray wire is off, anyone know were it goes?

derek123
10-07-2005, 05:25 PM
grey is hood pin. 18ga

it would give 10 flashes if it was grounding out ( ie the hood is open and the switch is working properly) when you try to start it.

moparman1970
10-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I went to cheak that out, I don't have a hood pin? its not there, the nut for it is in the car, the mark were it hits the hood was there, but no hood pin, it has not had one, yet the car used to start with out it, the wire has a connector on it, and the connector has a"slug" in it to close the circit, and my park lights don't flash 10 times so maybe I need to re-learn the tach then?

Strugari
10-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Manual is on its way:thumbsup:

moparman1970
10-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks a million.
When can I expect it?
Could you try it again, its been about 2 hours and I have not got it yet.

moparman1970
10-08-2005, 08:55 AM
I got the manual, but now I have a problem, it sayes to push the hood pin down, I don't have one, any ideas? and is to be grounded out? if so that does not seem to work for me.

Strugari
10-08-2005, 06:17 PM
When you ground the wire, the parklights should come on.
While they are on let the ground go and hook it up again fairly quickly.
The parklights should stay on.

If the lights do not come on check the on/off switch to make sure it is on.
Then check the fuses (two 30 amp).
Then check your ground.
If all is ok check the connection to the parklights (yellow wire).

The hood switch grounds out that wire whrn the hood is open.
When the hood is closed, there is no grounds on that wire.
:thumbsup:

bgamble
12-31-2006, 05:44 PM
I am also attempting to re-install an NS-1003 and was wondering if someone would have an installation guide?

Thanks!