PDA

View Full Version : fuel injector cleaners

Hipermax_d
02-13-2003, 12:07 AM
im thinking of getting fuel injector cleaner for my car and im wondering which product i should buy. any recommendations?
also im wondering if the thing actually works. does it really clean it out?

thanks

rx7_turbo2
02-13-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Hipermax_d
im thinking of getting fuel injector cleaner for my car and im wondering which product i should buy. any recommendations?
also im wondering if the thing actually works. does it really clean it out?

thanks

It doesnt work worth shit, don't waste your money or time. Pull the injectors and have them cleaned properly and flow tested.

Glenn 328is
02-13-2003, 01:04 AM
Actually, Redline Fuel System treatment is the best. JB's has it.

Horatio
02-13-2003, 12:43 PM
JBs?

Greg

2000impreza
02-13-2003, 12:49 PM
JB's is located in edmonton... in calgary you can probably find it at mopac or guyons.

rx7_turbo2
02-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Glenn 328is
Actually, Redline Fuel System treatment is the best. JB's has it.

Not worth it. Injector cleaner works about as well as those bottles of octane booster. Do it right, have the injectors sonic washed and flow tested, I believe GCL in Calgary does it.

Hipermax_d
02-13-2003, 02:04 PM
cool
thanks

Daddymax
02-13-2003, 02:16 PM
how much do they charge to clean injectors?

hjr
02-13-2003, 03:29 PM
if you do a full bottle of injector cleaner to a 1/2 or 1/3 tank of gas it should make a difference, cause then its pretty concentrated. And then run it till its pretty dry. Not empty, but reasonably close. I agree though, it wont do shit with a full tank.

Glenn 328is
02-13-2003, 03:57 PM
For the skeptics in the crowd......

For the most part, if you use Premium fuel, your injectors will be fine. But for that extra clean on the values and fuel system....

Don't knock it until you try it....

http://www.redlineoil.com/redlineoil/si1ti.htm

ExitSpeed
02-13-2003, 06:49 PM
I tend not to be very trustworthy of publications done by the product manufacturer that reveals how great thier own product is. It's nice to read thier view of it, but they are far from being un-biased. I am a very big skeptic.

I like knowing that the cleaning has done some affect and would rather pull the injectors and get them cleaned and tested. That way I know 100% sure they have been cleaned and working right instead hoping that they are clean and working alright. Just my 2 cents.

Hollywood
02-13-2003, 08:25 PM
I have tested some non-standard products. Lubetec here in calgary has more potent cleaners available.

People can diss me if they want, but my next tank after I gained close to 1/4 tank longer. Do this and replace your fuel filter and your set IMO.

rx7_turbo2
02-14-2003, 03:19 PM
I agree, there are probably some products you can buy that you wont find an the average shelf that may help a bit, but for the most part the stuff on the shelves including redline is useless. Ya I am always a little skeptical about reports by companys promoting that same product. I have no idea how much GCL charges, give them a call. There is also a compnay in the States called RC Engineering that performs the same service, but they are expensive.