PDA

View Full Version : HELP KEYS IN TRUNK- 2001 e430

rollinv4l
10-09-2005, 08:10 PM
my buddy locked the keys in the trunk of his 2001 mercedes e430 he has access to the main area of the car but not the trunk, and its not a pass through trunk or whatever. Anyone know if there is a way of getting the trunk open.(this guy is in bc and called from his cell)

JordanLotoski
10-09-2005, 08:33 PM
yeah theres a trunk button in the cockpit.

hockeybronx
10-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Is there no other set of keys?

Tell him to take a look to see if there is any way to unbolt the seat backs and find some access point to the trunk. Although it's not a pass-through trunk there may be a point where you can at least reach through there.

Otherwise call AMA or a lock company and see what options they have for you.

snowboard
10-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
yeah theres a trunk button in the cockpit.

HA

luderollup
10-09-2005, 08:44 PM
im pretty sure there is an access to the trunk... we put our skis int eh back/trunk of a 2003 s500...its just belended in with the interior.. tell him to take a look

benyl
10-09-2005, 09:09 PM
If you have a nokia phone (might work with others), Press the unlock or trunk button on a spare set over the cell phone. Might open it.

dooman24
10-09-2005, 09:18 PM
^
eh??
will that really work? or is he fucking with us?

rollinv4l
10-09-2005, 09:25 PM
yea the button in the front only works with keys in the ignition, and the spare set is here in calgary

DJ Lazy
10-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by benyl
If you have a nokia phone (might work with others), Press the unlock or trunk button on a spare set over the cell phone. Might open it.

:confused: You serious? Wow... that would be awesome to see that happen.. :D

infected
10-09-2005, 11:23 PM
The unlock button works without the key in the ignition on my car, same with every other car we own......

Thaco
10-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by rollinv4l
yea the button in the front only works with keys in the ignition, and the spare set is here in calgary fedex?

dooman24
10-09-2005, 11:28 PM
I KNOW
get a lock smith to come over and unlock it.. haha duh..

chris
10-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by infected
The unlock button works without the key in the ignition on my car, same with every other car we own......
yeah, seems like a simple solution

benyl
10-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

:confused: You serious? Wow... that would be awesome to see that happen.. :D

People have done it. it doesn't always work, but it is worth a try.

IntegraG2
10-10-2005, 02:54 AM
im hearing people say call a locksmith but arent the benz keys laser cut or something like that from germany.....correct me if im wrong....

EK 2.0
10-10-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by IntegraG2
im hearing people say call a locksmith but arent the benz keys laser cut or something like that from germany.....correct me if im wrong....

too much Gone in 60 Seconds Lester...haha...

a Locksmith SHOULD be able to pop the trunk lock for the person...BUT having said that, the trunk release should work regardless of whether the key is in the ignition or not...

CRX-R
10-10-2005, 09:18 AM
CROWBAR!!:clap: :clap:

arian_ma
10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I had to go and try that out.
The Nokia thing deff did not work, but my trunk release worked without the keys in the ignition :dunno:
but then again, I drive low class cars :rofl:

hockeybronx
10-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
BUT having said that, the trunk release should work regardless of whether the key is in the ignition or not...

:werd:

Yeah what's with that? That must be quite the pain how when you arrive somewhere. You have to pop the trunk release, then get out of your car, then go to the trunk and unload, close the trunk, get back into your car, take the keys out of the ignition, then get out of your car, shut the door and lock it all. Heaven forbid if you forgot something in the trunk:D

Sounds like too complicated of a security feature to me.

IntegraG2
10-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

too much Gone in 60 Seconds Lester...haha...

a Locksmith SHOULD be able to pop the trunk lock for the person...BUT having said that, the trunk release should work regardless of whether the key is in the ignition or not...

ohhh well i know bimmers its like that...cause at work if we lose a key we have to pay 350 for a new key.....ahhh wellz...thanks for the heads up

rollinv4l
10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by infected

I think its just a security feature, since ya know they always say to lock stuff in your trunk right? wouldnt makes sense to have a button in the interior that someone could break in and press without keys... And i guess its not a pain because the keys have a trunk release on them so thats no issue(i still have absolutely no clue how he locked them in the trunk). looks like hes gonna have to just leave it there and come back to calgary to get the keys, they removed the seats etc and there is no way of getting into the trunk and he isnt down with a local locksmith screwing around with the car(hes in invermere) since its his pride and joy lol.

lastprodigy
10-10-2005, 05:03 PM
there def should a be a trunk releas inside the car :cry:

infected
10-10-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm not talking about the trunk release, I'm talking about the lock/unlock button that locks and unlocks all the doors on the car. If he really doesn't want to come to Calgary and get the spare set then give the dealer a call and they'll be able to give him a hand.

rollinv4l
10-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Unlocking the doors wouldnt do anything, its not a trunk u can open with a latch or press in the key slot on the trunk like most cars, u either press the button inside the car or pop it with the button on the keychain or pop it manually with the key, and i looked up the 1800 number for him for the main dealership in toronto and they said he would have to go get the keys or have it towed to a dealer all i can say is sucks to him lol.

Thats why i love my car, i break into it in under 30seconds lol and i can just pop the seats to get to the trunk, so even if i locked my keys in the trunk and locked my doors at the same time i would be fine haha gotta love old technology.

PS i should probably rephrase my last post, there IS a button to open the trunk just it only works with keys in the ingnition, makes sense due to my explanation in the previous post

infected
10-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Why would you call the dealership in Toronto when he's in BC? Just go down to any dealer in BC and see what they can do, maybe reprogram him a new set or something.

Sorry, I thought he could open the tailgate from the outside once the doors were unlocked, my bad.