PDA

View Full Version : 17yr old + M3 + 25K in mods + 80mph + 567ft skid marks + phone pole = tears

RickDaTuner
10-09-2005, 11:53 PM
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2216487&page=1

WAS

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Rjackson32/Dominica022.jpg

IS

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Rjackson32/IMG_0201.jpg

STOP BUYING YOUNG KIDS FAST CARS

stevieo
10-09-2005, 11:55 PM
ouch blows nuts man, some biker cut him off and didn't even stop :thumbsdow

HoisinSauce
10-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Hi i am Robbie I was the owner of that car, im lucky and glad to be alive my harnesses saved me, i was cut off by a motorcycle who dident even stop, he forced me to crash, im just glad i did when i dident have Rjackson in the car with me the passenger would be dead and more than likley there body would have killed me, i punched out the glass, and pulled myself out vomiting blood and glass, Trust me the turns arnt worth the crash....try and stay safe.

...................:thumbsdow

RickDaTuner
10-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
ouch blows nuts man, some biker cut him off and didn't even stop :thumbsdow

lol and you believe that... :banghead: :thumbsdow :rolleyes: :nut:

stevieo
10-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

heh, i just finished reading the first page, just noticed how fast he was going...
sooooooooooo suck my balls! :angel:

mac_82
10-10-2005, 12:00 AM
used that speed / skid mark calculator. 188 km/h. wow. :nut:

crazydriver
10-10-2005, 01:20 AM
ouch poor car

l8braker
10-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by crazydriver
ouch poor car

why would you say such a stupid thing?

glad he's still alive.

FiveFreshFish
10-10-2005, 01:59 AM
I don't see $25k in mods.

T-Dubbs
10-10-2005, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I don't see $25k in mods.
ya no shit
you would think that, if he had 25k in mods he would have more than wheels, and a racing harness and a strut tower brace

illeagle
10-10-2005, 04:24 AM
he was cruisin'! lucky bastard!.... i bet he already has a new M3. :thumbsdow

/////AMG
10-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Hope mummy n daddy don't get him a new car! Hope he learned his lesson.

KLCC
10-10-2005, 05:04 AM
spoiled kids......poor M3 :banghead:

DJ Lazy
10-10-2005, 05:13 AM
dumb kid... :banghead:

AcuraTl
10-10-2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by KLCC

:werd:

AcuraTl
10-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by mac_82
used that speed / skid mark calculator. 188 km/h. wow. :nut:

i used the calc and i get 114-118km/h that is not bad at all...

Kirbs17
10-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Even if it was too much of a car for him, im glad the dude lived

jepree
10-10-2005, 08:42 AM
guys dont gotta hate on the kid! he did what he did, just hope he learned his lesson and be glad he still walks amongst us! but yea POOR M3!:banghead:

Kaos
10-10-2005, 09:46 AM
NOOOOO!!!!
:cry: crashing an M3 makes baby buddha cry!

Lo)2enz0
10-10-2005, 09:56 AM
when i opened the thread i was like, umm nice car

than i let our a load noise when i saw the aftermath

Manimillion
10-10-2005, 10:18 AM
I still can't see the 25K in mods... :confused:

RickDaTuner
10-10-2005, 10:20 AM
the kids i think said all the mods were internal:dunno:

but what do i Know i've never owned a Beema

Mahman
10-10-2005, 10:21 AM
i need those tailights hehehe!!

1-Bar
10-10-2005, 10:25 AM
tailights are still good :dunno:

Manimillion
10-10-2005, 10:28 AM
the kids i think said all the mods were internal:dunno:

but what do i Know i've never owned a Beema

I didn't know, Oil, and other fluids costs so much these days :nut:

RickDaTuner
10-10-2005, 10:30 AM
lol you never know, I just paid 250 bucks in oil alone to change out my tranny fluid...:nut:

lastprodigy
10-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Hope mummy n daddy don't get him a new car! Hope he learned his lesson.

Originally posted by KLCC

so its impossible for 17 yr old to have a 20K care (in the US where it prolly is)? :rolleyes:

Z_Fan
10-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
i used the calc and i get 114-118km/h that is not bad at all...

The vehicle's speed was between 114 and 118 miles per hour at the onset of the skid.

This result is an estimate. Vehicle crash reconstruction requires a thorough analysis of the entire situation by a qualified reconstructionist.

*MILES PER HOUR*

/////AMG
10-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
so its impossible for 17 yr old to have a 20K care (in the US where it prolly is)? :rolleyes:

Of course it isn't, you just have to ask somebody for a lot of money.

AcuraTl
10-10-2005, 11:36 AM
isnt an m3 more than 20k??!?!? well anyways its funny how he tried to refute the theory of thermodynamics hahaha pepreputal motion :D hehe

Manimillion
10-10-2005, 12:41 PM

I believe it is likely that he paid the car himself, like you pointed out, these days its not hard to make 20K, no matter what your age is.... Specially, if some1 is living with their parents, they have no living expenses.

DC2uned
10-10-2005, 12:51 PM

You sound like one of those old men, who buys a boy racer car to make up for his missed youth, and gets his panties in a bunch when he sees a young person with a nice car.

What makes you not believe him? His age?:rolleyes:

Raz
10-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Good that the kid is alright, maybe he'll learn speed and car control some day, poor car, but good that no lives had to be ended prematurely.

- Rasmus

lastprodigy
10-10-2005, 01:15 PM

Of course it isn't, you just have to ask somebody for a lot of money.

dont assume things just cuz you cant do it yourself...not syaing its not likely that it was c/o his parents but not impossible

AllGoNoShow
10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Just cause the kid drives a nice car doesn't mean his parents bought it for him. I know a couple of kids on dtmpower.net in the states and they have bought their rides themselves, and yes some of their parents have bought them cars too, but not everyone.

People used to think I was taking daddys muscle car for a spin when I drove my regal around with logan and his nova, then you laugh in there face and they see u driving it every day and its under your name, shuts them up.

People are too stereotypical these days.

Glad the kids ok, too bad for the m3 :(

iceburns288
10-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Fuck and just a few days ago I was looking at a 98 M3 sedan:banghead:

RickDaTuner
10-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned

You sound like one of those old men, who buys a boy racer car to make up for his missed youth, and gets his panties in a bunch when he sees a young person with a nice car.

hmm rich kid, M3... driving to fast.. yeah i think his age is a big part to do with it..

and for your info, I'm only 22 so really I am a Boy racer... and i get my panties in a bunch because being that young and having a car like that is pretty much having a death wish, point proven by the results of this accident. if they young guy/kid had bought the car himself, than dont you think he would have the concious to take care of what he has worked hard to acheive, rather than being some arrogant punk and driving double highway speeds..

for fuck sakes he's 17.. one year of driving experience? would you give your 17yr old a race ready car?

FlySi
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
People used to think I was taking daddys muscle car for a spin when I drove my regal around with logan and his nova, then you laugh in there face and they see u driving it every day and its under your name, shuts them up.

im pretty sure no one thought ur 21 year old buick was your dads car :rofl:

hot ride
http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/14/36/98_12.JPG:hitit:

FlySi
10-10-2005, 01:51 PM

no, its the fact that hes still too young to have a car like that and the results above is evidence. mad cuz daddy bought u your car too?

DC2uned
10-10-2005, 01:51 PM

hmm rich kid, M3... driving to fast.. yeah i think his age is a big part to do with it..

and for your info, I'm only 22 so really I am a Boy racer... and i get my panties in a bunch because being that young and having a car like that is pretty much having a death wish, point proven by the results of this accident. if they young guy/kid had bought the car himself, that dont you think he would have the concious to take care of what he has worked hard to acheive, rather than being some arrogant punk and driving double highway speeds..

for fuck sakes he's 17.. one year of driving experience? would you give your 17yr old a race ready car?

YEP!
I don't see a reson not too. You just have to teach the kid to not be a retard.

Raz
10-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by FlySi

hot ride

Didn't exactly look, sound or GO like a stocker Regal ;)

RickDaTuner
10-10-2005, 01:58 PM

YEP!
I don't see a reson not too. You just have to teach the kid to not be a retard.

lol yeah right, i was that age too, and i can honestly say temptation far exceeded all that you learn from your parents....

besides what they hell are you arguing anyway, the guy admited to the accident being his fault because he was driving to fast and tried to overtake someone at speed...

he lost his M3 and than got a R32 VW

Das_Amaretto
10-10-2005, 02:04 PM
He should have/His parents should have went with a 318is as a starter car.

/////AMG
10-10-2005, 02:16 PM
dont assume things just cuz you cant do it yourself...not syaing its not likely that it was c/o his parents but not impossible

Yea because you know if I can't do it myself! :rolleyes:

Sure he can buy a 20K car. This one is suppose to have 45K in it. Yea right a 17 year old can afford 45K. Bullshit!

And a 17 yr old with an M3 and as a first car? Thats the first mistake he made.

DC2uned
10-10-2005, 02:22 PM

Sure he can buy a 20K car. This one is suppose to have 45K in it. Yea right a 17 year old can afford 45K. Bullshit!

WELCOME TO AMERICA.
The kid might have had a business handed down to him or who the fuck knows. AND WHO THE FUCK CARES.

And Rick i didn't read the artical. HAHA. Just thought that you were judging the guy by his age. Not arguing with you.

iceburns288
10-10-2005, 04:18 PM

Inheritance or just amazing investing. I know a 20-year old guy with a Murcielago, is that such a problem?

BTW, being young doesn't automatically make you reckless. There are reckless drivers of age, 17, 27, 37, 47...etc... hell even some nutty 77 year old drivers (Caroll Shelby?:burnout: ) it's just that there's a higher percentage of them that are young. I've got a friend with a brand-new R32 (hot car BTW) but he doesn't do any stupid shit with it. He's a smart, responsible guy.

It's just that because he's young, I'll admit it's much easier to assume he was being an idiot because of his age, because there are a lot of male, 17 year old idiot drivers.

AllGoNoShow
10-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by FlySi

hot ride

yah too bad it didn't look, sound, move, idle, resemble a stock regal, most of which are v6's not to mention. Just as raz pointed out, and he's been in it :)

Goblin
10-10-2005, 06:22 PM

Should of bought an e46 M3, that was his first mistake.

Joking aside, you are right. My first car I drove was the parents 98 Safari SLT. You try to speed in that big bitch, corner hard, or for that matter, stop fast.

Zephyr
10-10-2005, 08:20 PM

I know a some kids that aren't old enough to get a license but already have track experience and probably better driver than a lot of us here.

Stop hating because you are jealous. It is possible to do that shit at that age by themselves. I know some kids younger than me that worked hard and bought G35s, S2000s, E46s and other expensive cars and dumped over 10k on them by themselves. So stop hating because you weren't lucky enough to be like that, life isn't fair, live with it and stop bitching.

All I'm seeing right now is a destroyed M3 and a lucky kid that survived, and a ton of 12 year olds ranting on Beyond about how "spoiled" this kid is in their eyes. Seriously grow up all of you that are bitching about "spoiled" kids. [/rant]

iceburns288
10-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
I know a some kids that aren't old enough to get a license but already have track experience and probably better driver than a lot of us here.

Yeah, I can only imagine where Fernando Alonso was in his career at 17, considering he won his first F1 race at age 21!:eek:

/////AMG
10-11-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
Stop hating because you are jealous. It is possible to do that shit at that age by themselves. I know some kids younger than me that worked hard and bought G35s, S2000s, E46s and other expensive cars and dumped over 10k on them by themselves. So stop hating because you weren't lucky enough to be like that, life isn't fair, live with it and stop bitching.

All I'm seeing right now is a destroyed M3 and a lucky kid that survived, and a ton of 12 year olds ranting on Beyond about how "spoiled" this kid is in their eyes. Seriously grow up all of you that are bitching about "spoiled" kids. [/rant]

Easy there! I'm hating because I'm jealous? For all we know he probably caused the accident himself and said a biker cut him off. You don't know unless you know the person (which I assume you do because you're defending him like he is your bro). Of course it's possible to earn a shit load of money, but it's rare you see young people who worked their asses off and bought that with their own money. If it was passed down to him or he inherited it, its easy money. Dude I think you're just pissed because maybe you're spoiled too and you don't like ppl bitching about it.

Anyway I'm done with this thread. I don't understand why I can't bitch. Its my opinion.. I don't give a shit what you guys think. And he was SPEEDING in the first place, he is just as in the wrong as the biker! Imagine if someone died he would have to take half the blame.

Have a nice day guys! Drive safe. :)

2000impreza
10-11-2005, 06:55 AM
from what i can tell in the pics the car looks stock besides wheels and maybe suspension. what exactly was put into this car that cost 25k :dunno:

Manimillion
10-11-2005, 07:27 AM

If the kid is not a retard and respects the machine he drives/rides he wouldn't end up in a situation like this.

THats the case with alot of motorcycle riders. Everyone says you can't start with a supersport, bla bla bla, I've got a friend who bought a CBR 600RR as a first bike, last fall, today, he can drag his knee, pull wheelies like no tomorrow, do endo's, he is very comfortable with the bike. How? He respected the bike, didn't go WOT the first day, neither did he try to drag his knee the first day. I didnt' see him around riding in a pack for 2 months, but when he showed up, he wasn't a squid.

Same rule applies to cars.

PS : 17 y/o doesn't exactly mean 1 year of experience, there is alot of young people involved in motorsports, I had alot more then 1 year experience of driving at the age of 17.

pr0
10-11-2005, 08:06 AM

Yea right a 17 year old can afford 45K. Bullshit!

Speak for yourself ;)

/////AMG
10-11-2005, 08:15 AM
^^ Just to let you know I'm not 17 and I don't drive an AMG! :rolleyes:

10-4, I'm out! :)

whitebb6
10-11-2005, 05:02 PM
pics dont work?

Zephyr
10-11-2005, 05:25 PM

For all we know he probably caused the accident himself and said a biker cut him off. You don't know unless you know the person (which I assume you do because you're defending him like he is your bro). Of course it's possible to earn a shit load of money, but it's rare you see young people who worked their asses off and bought that with their own money. If it was passed down to him or he inherited it, its easy money. Dude I think you're just pissed because maybe you're spoiled too and you don't like ppl bitching about it.

You tell me not to assume yet you assume two times right now. Typical.

@lchy
10-21-2005, 03:32 PM
To all you fuckers that are postin "stupid kid" remarks, eat shit!! ever gone over the speed limit yourself?? Have a heavy foot when you were 17?? If you had that car, would you white knuckle it down the street at 10 under, maybe you are all highly skilled race car drivers that are too good to crash, either way stop acting so high and mighty and admit shit happens.

RickDaTuner
10-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by @lchy
To all you fuckers that are postin "stupid kid" remarks, eat shit!! ever gone over the speed limit yourself?? Have a heavy foot when you were 17?? If you had that car, would you white knuckle it down the street at 10 under, maybe you are all highly skilled race car drivers that are too good to crash, either way stop acting so high and mighty and admit shit happens.

shit can Also be prevented...

:thumbsdow To your Rant spree on Beyond N00b

BerserkerCatSplat
10-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by @lchy

Shit rarely happens if you don't drive like a fucking tool.

:closed:

method
10-21-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm sure there's plenty of kids that bought super expensive cars with their own money. they're pretty fucking stupid. if I had saved up 30 grand by the time I was 17, you think I'd spend it on a car? bwahahaha.. haaaa... oh boy.

getting 'cut off' is a load of crap. I've been 'cut off' before and I've never been in an accident. it's called defensive driving and not being an idiot. :dunno:

infected
10-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Why does it matter, everyone is getting so pumped over this. It's a big world, some are more fortunate than others. I'm still very young and yet I drive a car that is probably worth more than some of the other fellow members rides on here, doesn't mean I'm a snobby spoiled son of a bitch, my parents just want the best for me and if I were a parent I would want the best for my kids too, I'm sure that goes to everyone else on here.

People bitch at me all the time because I have an expensive car and I'm young, so then it must mean I'm irresponsible and so on. I don't really liked being bitched at but take a step in their shoes, if I didn't grow up in a wealthy environment and couldn't afford a car as nice as someone else's, I honestly would feel jelous too. There's so many points of views to this it's just plain silly to argue over and ruin a perfectly good day.

Back on topic, if he has the money to spend then good for him, he was very lucky.

Goblin
10-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by infected
Why does it matter, everyone is getting so pumped over this. It's a big world, some are more fortunate than others. I'm still very young and yet I drive a car that is probably worth more than some of the other fellow members rides on here, doesn't mean I'm a snobby spoiled son of a bitch, my parents just want the best for me and if I were a parent I would want the best for my kids too, I'm sure that goes to everyone else on here.

People bitch at me all the time because I have an expensive car and I'm young, so then it must mean I'm irresponsible and so on. I don't really liked being bitched at but take a step in their shoes, if I didn't grow up in a wealthy environment and couldn't afford a car as nice as someone else's, I honestly would feel jelous too. There's so many points of views to this it's just plain silly to argue over and ruin a perfectly good day.

Back on topic, if he has the money to spend then good for him, he was very lucky.

I agree. Hell, my parents wouldnt let me get an e36 because there was no IIHS data on it. We went for an e46 instead, for which I payed a large chunk of.

The best part of this story is that he is alive.

Edit: http://www.iihs.org/

rony_espana
10-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Damn!!!! That was a nice car too!!!

BerserkerCatSplat
10-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by infected

It's not about how lucky he was or how rich he was; it's about how he treated what he was given. It's fine for young people to drive expensive cars, as long as they treat them with respect and don't drive like idiots.

infected
10-21-2005, 08:30 PM
It's a part of growing up, it's not a complete childhood without rebelling at some point!! Haha.. :angel:

three.eighteen.
10-21-2005, 08:31 PM
you guys gotta remember, e36 m3s in canada are just starting to dip under 30g, in the states they can be obtained for as little as 16000US which is still under 20000 canadian...spoiled, maybe a little, but its not out of his league

so how much were your first cars? especially if your parents helped you out...its probably not that far off

FiveFreshFish
10-21-2005, 08:53 PM
My first car was $850. Bought it when I was 15, drove it (illegally) up and down the alley to figure out how to drive a manual transmission. Took me weeks of bussing tables to save that up. ;)

cuda440
11-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Ya my dad gave me a couple of his cars to race, but i also when to a racing school, it also has to do with having a good head on your shoulders and havin an eye for street conditions so blow be buddie you are just jelious becuase your a poor white ass bitch

Z24_3.1.
11-08-2005, 01:58 AM
NOW WAY :banghead: :(

Horaysh
11-08-2005, 11:52 PM
engine is still fine :D