PDA

View Full Version : need lawyer - pedestrian hit

madruggist
10-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone,

first post - too bad its under these circumstances! My gf's aunt recently got hit by a truck while she was crossing a crosswalk. Two cars had already stopped for her and she proceeded to cross. some blind tool in the 3rd lane ran straight into her. broken leg requiring emerg surgery, some internal bruising/bleeding, slight head injury, heavy bruising all over body including face ...they told her she was extremely lucky...kept her in for a few days to make sure status was stable,etc

guy got a $600 ticket for hitting her in crosswalk; there were many witnesses. we have started calling a couple lawyers who are asking 25-30% of whatever the settlement will be. is that in the usual range? More importantly, do any of you have know of any good respectable injury lawyers (based in Edmonton)?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all.

Peace

CryoCarnage
10-10-2005, 09:46 AM
yeah my friends an attorney and he charges the same thing. 25 percent of the final claim. God im soo happy it wasn't you who hit a pedestrian, i was worried :drama: heh. but yeah 25 percent isn't going to be a lot considering how much you can get off of this.

EK 2.0
10-10-2005, 09:54 AM
No need to double post...

Click here for his other thread on this discussion. (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104791)