PDA

View Full Version : now then some amusement...

dymz999
10-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Just to clear the record. The car got into the magazine #1 because the body is all stock (all oem nissan) something up until now hasn't really been seen. you dont exactly see a tonne of nissans running around on the stock 1996 180sx type X body. No offence to jeeves or any of the others but i'm not a fan of fibreglass. this is why they liked the look, because it is the look of a stock JDM 180sx. Fibreglass bodykits look nice but are they the same, no. This is also why i didn't put the greddy lip on it. You should see how many cars get into magazines from copying the look of a real JDM car, fibreglass be damned.

#2 the first sr20det motor was installed in the car in 1998, which back at that time i only knew of two others which had that engine in the car, one of which was nguyen and the other no longer resides in calgary. I've learned a lot over that period of time regarding these engines, mostly the hard the way, hence why i was able to change and rebuild half of the motor in like what, two months.

If your going to be a hater then keep it to yourself or i can be just as mean. i'm being very nice to you by not saying anything trust me on that. I don't see the need to insult other people's vehicles but if you wanted me to i could. You'd think people in our community would be really stoked since i dont think we've had any 240sx from calgary get noticed at all in any magazines. To me this was something i found truly exciting as there has been a tonne of work put into the vehicle all by myself. The paint and body kit cost me nearly $8,000 alone. The car was not designed to be flashy, just to have a nice JDM look to it, which besides all the silvia's running around in town no other car can dare beat. Maybe you should read some of the magazines like superduperstreet, SCC, modified mag, etc etc etc some more and look at all the cars that get in because they mimic stock JDM cars right down to a tee. You know stock integra's with a B18 that just look japanese, its truly amazing.

None the less keep the crap to yourself because personally I couldn't care. This is just to set the record straight so you guys know why it was accepted and so forth. And for the record there was a comment i think by boost infested or somebody about how long it took me to get it in. I applied back in mid june and found out the week before last. i dont think 3 1/2 months is a long time now then...

EDIT: forgot to add. The rims were actually one of the huge problems. I had ordered some Advan Sa3's which came and were much too big. When i sent out the applications i had included the description of the car including those rims which they obviously will not have. I do however have some 16" volk rays with bfgoodrich gforce drag radials going on them. Not nearly as flashy but still really nice. The issue with the height/rims was because the drop with the springs was supposed to 1.5" but was only 1.0" unlike what the company who manufacture's the rims was saying. Hence this is one of the things I was told to fix.

EK 2.0
10-10-2005, 09:11 AM
:rolleyes: For the love of Allah, God, Bagvhan, Guru Nanak, Yahweh, Jah, Buddha, Scientology, Tupac, Biggie, Jimi...

We closed your last thread for a reason...why do you want to continue to stir the pot??

Kaos
10-10-2005, 09:26 AM
SHOW THE MAGAZINE SHOOT PICTURES to prove us wrong.

chris
10-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by dymz999
The car was not designed to be flashy, just to have a nice JDM look to it, which besides all the silvia's running around in town no other car can dare beat. Maybe you should read some of the magazines like superduperstreet, SCC, modified mag, etc etc etc some more and look at all the cars that get in because they mimic stock JDM cars right down to a tee. You know stock integra's with a B18 that just look japanese, its truly amazing.

yes, none of us know anything about mimicing the jdm look:dunno: . I mean the like 4 jdm silvias on here deffinately don't do that because they ARE JDM.

Originally posted by Kaos
SHOW THE MAGAZINE SHOOT PICTURES to prove us wrong.
i don't even want to see the pictures i just want to know what magazine it's going to be in so we all can look for it. Most people would tell others what magazine it's going to be in if they told us it was going to be in a magazine, that's why this seems very made up and just an attempt to get attention like a little kid with ADD

Originally posted by EK 2.0
:rolleyes: For the love of Allah, God, Bagvhan, Guru Nanak, Yahweh, Jah, Buddha, Scientology, Tupac, Biggie, Jimi...

We closed your last thread for a reason...why do you want to continue to stir the pot??
because like i said in his last thread he's an attention whore.

Lo)2enz0
10-10-2005, 09:53 AM
oh god of the 240sx/s13 community. I am so sorry for being such a dick, how can I ever repay you.

They closed your thread because no one believes a word you say and you just start another one to stir things up again. wow smart one.

Last time i checked i think you have been reading the wrong magazines buddy. most of the cars that make it into magazines have extremely impressive work done to them. When your talking about being in a magazine, are you talking about the readers ride section?

dymz999
10-10-2005, 10:02 AM
definition of an idiot
------------------------

takes a year to change a headgkaset
buys used advan rims and thinks their hot
thinks his car his hot when it looks ass with a fibreglass kit
**** nice cracks on that bumper****
trys to fit a TD05 turbo on his car when i know it wont work

I'll come by to see your self done paint job so i can laugh ok at what you think will be your nice S13....

Yes the JDM silvias are silvias but who cares they were not transformed into it were they. they were bought by people for 8 grand or so. It takes a lot more to modify the vehicle than just paying out some money. thats why i think more highly of people who swap their own engines.

EK 2.0
10-10-2005, 10:04 AM
all right closed again...thanks for coming out...