PDA

View Full Version : Shop to install a remote starter in Lethbridge?

amorak
10-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,

I need some recommendations on a shop down here in Lethbridge to get a remote starter installed. In addition to the remote start function, I need the optional keyless entry and trunk release. It's also got to function with the factory alarm. It's going into a '97 Acura 1.6 EL.

Any suggestions on shops that won't rape me? I have installed a remote starter with keyless entry on my mum's 2002 RAV4, but I don't know about the complexity added on by the remote trunk release and stock alarm functionality... The stock key fob has all these functions (minus the remote start, of course), so it can't be too hard... (famous last words).

Any shop suggestions, or local guys who're awesome with this stuff (quality work).

Thanks!

CdnSilverStreak
10-10-2005, 11:32 PM
My buddy Bob can do it, tell him Clem (that's me) recommended him to you.

He owns a shop called Stay Tuned Installations located on 15 Street South between 2nd and 3rd Avenue South near Adult Source Video..... he's in the white building behind them.

He's a good friend of mine, and will do a great job.

amorak
10-11-2005, 07:39 AM
thanks!

silvercivicsir
10-11-2005, 08:04 AM
if you can do a remote start in a 2002 Rav, you can do it in the el, only difference is you need to use the disarm wire " which is blue, with silver dots in the drivers kick", and the trunk is a 5 wire, at the alarm module under the drivers seat.. the locks can also be found there too..

Audio_Rookie
10-11-2005, 10:06 AM
stayed tuned is awsome.

amorak
10-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Any idea what he'd charge for the install, guys?

amorak
10-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Can I wire the car to work with the stock alarm and use trunk release without extra relays or a bypass module (which circumvents/disables the stock alarm system, I understand...)

Thanks!

amorak
10-11-2005, 02:25 PM
:drama:

I called and talked with Bob... Sounds like a good guy :thumbsup:

However, it's going to run me $200 to have the unit installed with full functionality by Bob ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd like to get it professionally installed, but $200... Fawk... Maybe I should have mentioned that you referred me, Clem... :eek:

snowboard
10-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by amorak
:drama:

I called and talked with Bob... Sounds like a good guy :thumbsup:

However, it's going to run me $200 to have the unit installed with full functionality by Bob ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd like to get it professionally installed, but $200... Fawk... Maybe I should have mentioned that you referred me, Clem... :eek:

Thats not that bad of a price...

amorak
10-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I know it's not a bad price, just more then I was expecting is all :(

I'm a student at the Uni, and $200 is alot of coin for a luxury... I might just have to hack at it durning Christmas break.

CdnSilverStreak
10-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Trust me, he does quality work, and if he messes up (which he RARELY does) he is fully insured.

No worries dude.

amorak
10-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the reassurance, Clem, but I wasn't questioning his work...

It's just really hard to swallow paying a good chunk of change for something I can do myself, you know? I just don't have a garage down here, so it's something I'll have to pay to have done... begrudingly ;)

JO-WN4GE
10-12-2005, 05:47 PM
I can also vouch for Bob, I play on his hockey team. He's working 2 jobs now though so he isnt always around the shop. I think that might contribute to abit of a steep price. Not that 200bux is incredibly outta line for a remote starter but not realy affordable on a students budget. If you realy get into a bind lemme know I can probibly help you out as long as ur buying the beers.:clap:

amorak
10-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the offer, man :thumbsup:

I've got the beer if you've got a garage and some tools :)

amorak
11-02-2005, 10:24 PM
*brrrrrrrrr*

It got chilly tonight, stupid daylight savings times making it dark when I leave school... *grumble*....

So, I wonder if Bob's prices will have gone down now that the rush to have remote starters installed has gone down? :D

Anyone seen any deals on down here for remote starter installs?

What can I say, I am getting desperate - A bad combo - poor student who's desperate for a remote start install. :D