PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about what to do after my lease is up

janseman
10-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey guys,

the lease on my car is up in a few months, i'm thinking of buying out the car and selling it privately or sell it to the dealership and get a new car. I'm wondering about people's opinion of what i could get for the car if I sell it to the dealership.

Extra's on the car:
factory lip kit
17 inch enkei's (4 month old rubber, and a set of winter rims and tires)
aem sri
eibach springs
ingalls camber kit
tockico shocks
ractive exhaust and strut bar
infinity speakers
panasonic head unit

my buy out is about 9500 bucks, the sales guy said worse case scenario is that i had $1000 in equity in the car, i didn't tell him about the extra's just how many km's are on the car (68000km)
i was quite insulted by that number, i don't expect to get all my money back from what i've added to the car but 1000 bucks!??!!?

anyways let me know what you guys think would be a fair amount to ask for from the dealer

janseman
10-11-2005, 03:31 PM
oh and it's a 2002 civic lx

me&you
10-11-2005, 04:06 PM
You should be fine with regards to your buyout and a dealer's offer as a trade. Don't let them offer much below your buyout. At the same time, don't expect to get any real allowance for the extras on the car. If you can, return the car to stock, pocket the cash off parting it out.

Worst case, if you trade the car and there is any diffence between your buyout and their offer, have them roll the difference into the next car.

Weapon_R
10-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Those extras do not boost the value of the car. If anything, they will hurt your resale value ie - Ractive exhaust. Cheap parts are detrimental to your sale.

janseman
10-11-2005, 04:32 PM
thanks

The condition of the car itself is great. I'm just thinking of giving it to honda and using what they give me for equity as a downpayment on a new car, we'll see what happens

lastprodigy
10-11-2005, 04:42 PM
buy the car, return it to stock and sell it privately...you should be able to net a bit on top of wha the buyout was

93hustler
10-11-2005, 05:07 PM
You are better off to sell it privately. You will sell it for more privately than if you trade it in.

QuasarCav
10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
If you parted that stuff on beyond you would get about 1000-1400 if you kept the winter tires. Then sell the car stock and save yourself a couple of thousand.

Xtrema
10-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Post on beyond, see if anyone wants to take it as is. Then proceed to pay the buy out.

If there's no takers and if you can do it yourself, part is out and sell privately, like all has mentioned.

Dealership will never pay for mods because it actually reduce potential buyers by quite a margin. Most mods are considered as reduce in reliability which most used car buyer don't want.