PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lense People

/////AMG
10-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Lets say you have your contacts in and you want to take them off, do you put in new solution in your case thingy every time you take your contact off (obviously after washing them)?

Just wondering because I know a few people who don't, they do it like every week, if even that! And I find it... dirty. I'm also thinking of only changing it after I've worn them twice (saves me more soluton cause they're pricey as fuck).

I hope some of that made sense :rofl:

Ripper
10-12-2005, 06:47 AM
Everytime... but for the last 2 years I've been wearing ones you can leave in 24/7.

?????
10-12-2005, 07:34 AM
I change it everytime too.

Ripper - So when do you take off your contacts? Every week?

l8braker
10-12-2005, 07:52 AM
i usually wear glasses, but have the contacts for special occasions... couldn't ever imagine not changing the solution every time! :eek:

infected
10-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Everytime, I rather be clean than sorry.

abyss
10-12-2005, 08:34 AM
everytime, I've had a couple of eye infections and they suck big time. Why sacrifice the opportunity to wear your contacts because you were too cheap and/or lazy to change the solution. What solution do you guys all use? I like Complete, but curious if there's anything better out there.

Ben
10-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Everytime, it's just part of the routine. Open, Dump, Rinse, Fill, Remove, Cap, Done.

dj_honda
10-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Everytime, it's just part of the routine. Open, Dump, Rinse, Fill, Remove, Cap, Done.

:werd:

solution, i use complete right now because it was on sale but baush and lomb is good stuff.

DJ Lazy
10-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Everytime here too... :werd:

Mad$ella
10-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Mmmmmm dailies... :drool:

KLCC
10-12-2005, 09:06 AM
I have bi-monthly, but I put in new solution everytime I am done with them.....I can't afford to be sloppy with my eye....

86max
10-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Whenever I start noticing a lot of floaties :)

lol
Naw, usually after 2 uses for me, don't really see a need to do it every day. Never had a problem in 7 years.

AsianCaucasian
10-12-2005, 09:24 AM
I change it every single time... but I don't rinse it, I wonder what damage that's doing to my eyes lol.

bigboom
10-12-2005, 11:06 AM
change it all the time...why risk anything with your eyes?

GoChris
10-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
I change it every single time... but I don't rinse it, I wonder what damage that's doing to my eyes lol.
:werd: everyday for me too, but i'm super lazy on the "wash"

spike98
10-12-2005, 12:03 PM
weekdays it usually changed once a day but on weekend i usually end up leaving them in because i am always out somewhere.....or pass out drunk and forget to take them out lol

I wear the accuview color 2

Godfuader
10-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by GoChris

:werd: everyday for me too, but i'm super lazy on the "wash"

:werd: But I recently got this new "no rub" stuff...is that good enough?

GoChris
10-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

:werd: But I recently got this new "no rub" stuff...is that good enough?

ya thats what I use I think. by the end of a month though..i cant wait to put open up new contacts

FiveFreshFish
10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
When I wore contacts, the solution was changed after one use.

Got ICL now -- no more contacts. :)

Godfuader
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Why cant they make like a batt. operated lens cleaner? they got lazy people tooth brushes....what about lazy people lens cleaner?

FiveFreshFish
10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Why cant they make like a batt. operated lens cleaner? they got lazy people tooth brushes....what about lazy people lens cleaner?

Like this? http://www.aclens.com/da.asp?kw=lensoclean&ID=13

seer_claw
10-12-2005, 01:04 PM
I change it everytime that I use my contacts. I couldn't imagine what decides to grow in there when its just left sitting.

And to save money I was talking to my optomitrist and he said that the solution is still good even after the expiry date, so I buy the twin packs with the big bottles. Usually lasts me the better part of a year. :thumbsup:

Godfuader
10-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Like this? http://www.aclens.com/da.asp?kw=lensoclean&ID=13

No Way!! anyone actually use this?

Primer_Drift
10-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
Mmmmmm dailies... :drool:

:werd:
Dailies rock

Ripper
10-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by ?????
I change it everytime too.

Ripper - So when do you take off your contacts? Every week?

I take them out once a month for 30 seconds while a put a fresh set in. The Doc says some people like to take theirs out once a week or month for a day or so to refresh their eyes but I don't feel the need.

Theres a couple brands that my optomistrist (sp) carries that are for 24/7 use. I've been on them for 2 years, and my dad as well and have had zero problems. We've converted a few people who like them as well. If you have sensitive eyes though you would probably need to take them out more often.

Godfuader
10-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Ripper

Theres a couple brands that my optomistrist (sp) carries that are for 24/7 use. I've been on them for 2 years, and my dad as well and have had zero problems. We've converted a few people who like them as well. If you have sensitive eyes though you would probably need to take them out more often.

do u wear a pair for 30 days, then throw them out? or do u remove, clean and reuse? are they more expensive than regular disposable?

Ripper
10-12-2005, 06:05 PM

do u wear a pair for 30 days, then throw them out? or do u remove, clean and reuse? are they more expensive than regular disposable?

After 30 days I just put them in a case and use as emergency backup (but I've never used an emergency backup, so essentially I trash them).

I think they are a little bit more, but to be honest I have no idea. The brand I wear is called 'PureVision'.

/////AMG
10-13-2005, 03:14 AM
:thumbsup: Yea I do it daily aswell. I use Complete too (best solution ever). But I've just ran out of it and had to buy this stupid UK crap which is $15/bottle and one bottle is 250ml where as my Complete bottle is 473ml and about $8.

I like Compete aswell cause when my eyes feel like shit after I've taken my contats out I use it as eye drops and they feel so much better.

How often do you lot change your contact case aswell? They have these weird ones here, so it' sbeen like 1.5+ years since I have chaged mine :banghead: :
http://comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/vi/vision-direct-neutra-sept-360ml.jpg
(those two on the right are cases):nut:

When I visit Calgary I'm going to goto Superstore ot Costo and buy like 5 years worth of solution haha. :clap: :thumbsup:

Gurpy
10-13-2005, 06:04 PM
I change the solution daily......but like someone else said, by the end of the month (they're recommended 2 week use, but who actually does that?) I CAN'T wait to change it, it's like, the highlight of the month.