PDA

View Full Version : water spots

speedracer
07-01-2002, 12:37 PM
I just washed the car but I still see some water spots - even afetr a wax. Any idea how to get rid of them?
(Besides washing as I just did that :confused: )

Weapon_R
07-01-2002, 01:18 PM
Dry the car with a towel after you are done so that the water does not have enough time to spot.

One of the carwashes by my house has a setting that you can use to rinse with filtered water so that it doesn't spot at all and you don't even have to dry it.

Fluidic
07-01-2002, 01:20 PM
"Spot-Free Rinse" at the wand-wash works wonders! No lie... I used to be SO against that stuff... thought it was just regular water... that is until I found out that it's actually distilled water!

Go Figure! :P

LOL

Peter

speedracer
07-01-2002, 01:26 PM
Hmmmmm odd. I did wipe the car down. Oh well, I'll wash it later tonight... :banghead:

4wheeldrift
07-01-2002, 01:28 PM
I usually go to the wand wash at the end of my street, they have that spot free rinse type dealie. Its just de-ionized and distilled so there isn't any minerals or anything in it (or very few at any rate) so it doesn't leave spots when it dries. Just don't be do damn lazy next time and towel dry the car :) Can't have you showing up at solo 2s with water spots everywhere, what will Matt say? :D

redline_13000
07-01-2002, 02:09 PM
make sure u wash in the shade...preferably in a garage...the sun drys the water and makes spots...use a good chamois to dry the car when your done washing...it'll absorb water like u wont believe and wont scratch ur car which a towel might do