PDA

View Full Version : Things not working on my 240

MaRkSzE
10-12-2005, 12:06 PM
hey guys all your help is appreciated .... i just got my 89 240sx as a project and there are a couple of things that dont work ....
the rear wiper .... the cruise control and the temperature gauge it just sits on cold never moving ... what could be wrong here ? i cant seem to find the fues ... or could it be somethin else?

Speed_Dreams
10-12-2005, 12:34 PM
fuses are in the drivers side foot well on the left siide. check to make sure your wiper motor has power. if not trace the wires back to where there is power and replace the dead lines. or if it does have power try a new motor

BerserkerCatSplat
10-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Is your cruise control located on the steering wheel, or one of the control arms? You may have to remove the steering wheel and check for broken connections. Check the fuse first, since it's the least expensive part to replace. Your owner's manual or shop manual should tell you what fuse is for the cruise control.

If you do end up having to remove the wheel, I highly reccomend gettting a shop manual for your car. It'll save you a lot of headaches when it comes time to take things apart, and the things you learn taking your car apart can be invaluable for future projects!

Mike09
10-12-2005, 09:55 PM
On the wiper. Alot of time's if there is power a wire right at the top of the hatch here it enter's the roof break's open.

And the cruise might not work as alot of time's the pedal switch's stop working there fore not allow's them to engage.

2.4l
10-12-2005, 11:03 PM
yo.. bring it by my house.. the temp gauge is defenitly the most important problem i noticed that was sitting on cold before.. call me tommorow you know where the hooks at.. party like a rockstar ahaha.. peace