PDA

View Full Version : how to..?

94CoRd
10-12-2005, 03:26 PM
how / what exercises would you do to target the inner portion and lower pec? seems like i;ve tried everyhting, but the burn is always to the ouside of the muscle.

hockeybronx
10-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Close your grip more on your bench presses and push ups.

The exercise (not sure on the name) where you lie flat on your back, have a barbell in your hands straight out above your head. The move is taking it from above the top of your head to above your face keeping your arms straight at all times.

1-Cent
10-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Genetics unfortunetly have everything to do with how your pecs will fill out. I had the same problem, my lower-inner pecs would not fill out, it just took time and sheer mass and they did eventually even out. Its only really possible to hit the upper and lower region of your pecs and for that you have incline and decline exercises. Your inner chest will fill out as you continue to add mass to your pecs don't worry :)

~Leah~
10-12-2005, 05:13 PM
I've found that if you concentrate on trying to really squeeze that part of the muscle more than anything when you're doing the actual exercise, I can feel the burn where I want to, but then again, my pecs are filled out quite nicely, so I don't have to worry about that... lol

1-Cent
10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I've found that if you concentrate on trying to really squeeze that part of the muscle more than anything when you're doing the actual exercise, I can feel the burn where I want to, but then again, my pecs are filled out quite nicely, so I don't have to worry about that... lol

Yes but can you bounce them like Arnold...

mdeleon
10-13-2005, 03:24 AM
agree with both leah and 1-cent, i was told, when working out, to squeeze the muscle tight and hold for about a second, which means when doing bench/dumbell press to push arms as high up as you can and squeeeze inwards, you also get a great burn and the satisfaction of a good workout. as for what 1-cent said about the inner pecs gets bigger in time, i realized the same as im seeing more growth in my outter area of my pecs. so i guess th best bet is to work the whole chest, doing exercises such as flat, incline, decline bench, pullovers (which is what hockeybronx is referring to), and flys.

oh and about moving your grip closer together on the barbell, the closer you move your hand position, it does work the inner portion of your pecs but IMO works your triceps more than the chest, it's still a good workout, i do it, but don't think you can do the same weights you usually do with your regular grip barbell.

my 2 cents.

hockeybronx
10-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by mdeleon
oh and about moving your grip closer together on the barbell, the closer you move your hand position, it does work the inner portion of your pecs but IMO works your triceps more than the chest, it's still a good workout, i do it, but don't think you can do the same weights you usually do with your regular grip barbell

Yeah no doubt about that, he'll need to decrease the weight slightly.

Wildcat
10-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

Yes but can you bounce them like Arnold...

she can kinda... but not really haha

...they do bounce quite nicely tho ;)

1-Cent
10-16-2005, 01:51 AM
Leah... I thought we had a discussion and at the end of it you promised to stop devirginizing Beyonders! They don't know any better, so innocent :cry:

mac_82
10-16-2005, 02:11 AM
try doing a barbell press from a declined bench to get more lower pec. then add the squeeze at the top.

ecstasy_civic
10-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 1-Cent
Leah... I thought we had a discussion and at the end of it you promised to stop devirginizing Beyonders! They don't know any better, so innocent :cry:

:cry: :cry: So innocent

lol

I like cable crossovers for this exercise actually with a modified angle.