PDA

View Full Version : Family Vacation Suggestions

Clever
10-12-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm planning a family trip and i'd like to know everyone's reccomendations, it'll be for myself my fiance and our two boys(2&5) we're thinking end of January or sometime in february. If any one know of good package deals(flight and hotel) for 3-5 days that would be cost around $2-3 grand or less, that would be ideal. Thanks.

abyss
10-12-2005, 03:40 PM
You could try Disneyland. I took Hampstor there for his birthday and it was $1600 for 5 days, 3 at Disney/California Adventure. Our total trip was $2000 with our spending money and food. It may be a little more for a family, but not a lot more, cause your boys are little. The only problem is they're young enough that they probably won't remember it when they're older, so you'll have to go again LOL.

Clever
10-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Yes Disneyland is probably #1 on our list, who did you go with to get that sort of pricing? i guess it's seasonal pricing too. But if you can give me more details i'd appreciate it.

jus_sum_guy
10-12-2005, 06:00 PM
PM'D :thumbsup:

abyss
10-12-2005, 06:15 PM
I went through Sears travel in Marlbourough mall (who were fabulous btw) and the package we got was a Sun Fun Vacation package. We had a great hotel with a pretty decent view of Disneyland only about a 5-10 min walk away. We went in May, but you may end up getting a better price now anyways, we went right around spring break. PM me if you have any more questions, I'd be more than happy to explain more. :)

Clever
10-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jus_sum_guy
PM'D :thumbsup:

replied, thanks

Originally posted by abyss
I went through Sears travel in Marlbourough mall (who were fabulous btw) and the package we got was a Sun Fun Vacation package. We had a great hotel with a pretty decent view of Disneyland only about a 5-10 min walk away. We went in May, but you may end up getting a better price now anyways, we went right around spring break. PM me if you have any more questions, I'd be more than happy to explain more. :)

check pm!

:)

Orbie
10-13-2005, 01:51 PM
No Disneyland is nothing compared to DisneyWorld...but I guess it depends how much of a Disney nut your family is. My g/f and I went there a few months back for 7 days, total cost of the trip including flight, hotel, tickets and food was $1200 a person. Now in your case it would be cheaper due to the shorter length of stay. Kids pretty much get the cheapest rates so I wouldn't consider that a big factor in pricing here. We obviously had deals built into our plan, which was amazingly purchased through Disney. They had a dining plan which gives you a snack, counter and table service per person per day. And we're talking American sized meals here not Canadian. 1 table dinner pays for the entire package if you play your cards right. That includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree + drink, 1 dessert per person per night! I remember one night we ate at Wolfgang Pucks in Downtown Disney and the meal total between the two of us was $120 American. We're not big eaters either, we just got things like sushi etc...oh and tip is included as well.

The flight was Westjet direct, as they have a direct route to Orlando (Satellite TV baby). Our plan included transportation to and from the airport to the resort. Transportation around the resort to all the parks is free of course. We also got tickets to Universal Studios and rented a car for some days as well, so you can minus those costs from the $1200 as well. You could easily spend 3-5 days and not see 50% of what that place has to offer. They have 4 theme parks, 2-3 water parks, 2-3 Golf courses and a whole lot more.

abyss
10-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Clever

check pm!

:)

Replied! :thumbsup:

Kirbs17
10-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Click (http://www.changes.com/resorts/renaissance-jamaica/)

My parents took us here when we were 5 & 6. It was an amazing trip. They have a tonne of activities.

Clever
09-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Bumping my old thread.

This time we are looking for suggestions for an all inclusive resort for my family, we are planning to go in fist week of January. If it helps we are taking our 3 kids and most places online will only quote for 4 people per room. We are considering Mexico, Bahamas or the Caribbean. I know Mexico can be a little bit hit and miss at that time of the year, not sure about the other places.

Jeremiah
09-26-2010, 01:17 PM
I can help you with this.

Do you have concrete days?

Also what are the ages of the children?

Clever
09-26-2010, 01:36 PM
January 1 or second for 5-7 nights, leaving from Calgary, kids are 10,7 and my daughter will be 2 in January 14, technically 1 ;)

Jeremiah
09-26-2010, 02:39 PM
What is your budget this time around?

Clever
09-26-2010, 03:00 PM
1000-1500/ person :dunno:

Jeremiah
09-26-2010, 03:34 PM
PM'd a couple options, let me know if you want me to keep looking

:thumbsup:

ExtraSlow
09-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Last april I went with the wife, one-year-old baby and a another couple with a baby, to Dreams Peuerto Vallarta.
Direct westjet flight, kind of middle-of-the-road price, and very pleased with my experience.
Resort is built in a tiny bay with cliffs on each end, so it's as close to a private beach as you are going to get. Food was good, staff was very nice to the kiddies.

That being said, flying with an infant was really stressful, and I don't think we'll be taking to the air again until she's big enough to know how to sit still.

ExtraSlow
09-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Last april I went with the wife, one-year-old baby and a another couple with a baby, to Dreams Peuerto Vallarta.
Direct westjet flight, kind of middle-of-the-road price, and very pleased with my experience.
Resort is built in a tiny bay with cliffs on each end, so it's as close to a private beach as you are going to get. Food was good, staff was very nice to the kiddies.

Hit up trip advisor, I'm pretty sure they have a "family vacation" section.

That being said, flying with an infant was really stressful, and I don't think we'll be taking to the air again until she's big enough to know how to sit still.