PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Walk

Ripper
10-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Look what I found :eek:

The First Annual Calgary Zombie Walk!

Saturday, October 15th - starts at 3pm from Olympic Plaza and/or 4pm from the park at 17th Ave and 8th St.

The walk will start in two stages, as follows:

1. All "super zombies" are invited to gather at Olympic Plaza no later than 3pm. From Olympic Plaza the horde will head down Stephen Avenue to 8th Street SW, then head south to 17th Ave where we will meet:

2. The lazy zombies. A second group of zombies will gather at the above mentioned park at or around 4pm. Remember - zombies tend to move slowly and occasionally have problems with limbs falling off, body stiffness and possibly police officers. And, despite being animated corpses in search of human brains, pedestrian zombies must obey traffic signals. If you do not see any of your brethren exactly at 5pm, be patient. Mill about and look scary.

Once all zombie factions have massed at the park it will be time to head onward to the Union Cemetery on McLeod Trail & 25th Ave. For reference, the walk will proceed along 17th Ave to McLeod Trail should any zombie stragglers be left behind and/or spontaneous zombies wish to join the braaiiins procession.

Once at the cemetery, please be on good zombie behaviour - respect your brethren.

We will linger a short while in the cemetery before moving onwards to nearby Reader Rock Gardens for some games, brains, fun, prizes, brains and a pinata or two.

Yes, you do have to dress like a zombie. Those who do not do so are welcome, but risk having their brains eaten by confused zombies. You have to admit - they're not all that smart, but they know a good living brain when they smell it.

Potentially useful things to keep in mind:

Causes of zombie-ness:

As everyone knows - or should know - zombies are usually attributable to one or more of the following:

1. voodoo
2. science gone astray - chemical or biological accidents, experiments, viruses and the like
3. the apocalypse

Of course, there are many more possibilties. Be creative. Corpses in all stages of decay are encouraged.

For the low-budget zombie:

1. Oatmeal and liquid latex works wonders.
2. Food colouring and corn syrup makes convincing blood, but sticky. However, also tasty.
3. Bloody entrails can be easily made by stuffing pantyhose with old sweatsocks, then soaking the whole thing in a bowl of fake blood.
4. Value Village - but I'm sure it's hardly necessary to mention that. I’ve heard that burying your clothes in the backyard for a week or two can help them look (and smell) extra zombie filthy.

Finally: zombies are only really effective when travelling together in large groups. Bring your friends, foes, family and other loved ones.

Nothing says you love someone quite like caking yourself in make-up, limping down the street together and eating them in the park!

Pass this info on to anyone who might be interested - it has a bit of a 'viral' feel to it, but see zombie cause number 2. It all makes perfect sense.

see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dcoultis
10-12-2005, 06:15 PM
go back to nexopia, boy.

Ripper
10-12-2005, 06:19 PM
I didn't find it on nexopia...

I just thought it was hilarious sorry to share :P

Mad$ella
10-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm Braaaains... :drool:

403Gemini
10-12-2005, 10:38 PM
not bad until i read the cemetary part, i think thats in poor taste, but thats just my opinion

b_t
10-12-2005, 10:44 PM
I vaguely remembering thinking something about a cool idea in the first post, and how I would get drunk and do it, but then I saw 403 Gemini's sig and forgot all about everything

403Gemini
10-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by b_t
I vaguely remembering thinking something about a cool idea in the first post, and how I would get drunk and do it, but then I saw 403 Gemini's sig and forgot all about everything

that seems to be happening a lot around these forums... lol