PDA

View Full Version : apple finally does it...

PSJanis
10-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Yes, apple has finally made a VIDEO iPod.

for $299 (USD) you can get a 30 GB iPod with video capability...one thing tho...who wants to watch something on a 2.5 inch screen?!? o well still cool, especially with 20 hrs of battery.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/autosync.html

slick2404
10-12-2005, 06:58 PM
i wouldnt mind watchin in a 2.5" screen, better than startin at the back of someones head on the bus ;)

PSJanis
10-12-2005, 07:15 PM
lol true...eye strainer tho...

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-12-2005, 07:33 PM
about time, it just needs a keyboard...

palm pilot

slick2404
10-12-2005, 09:26 PM
freakin piss off to all the nano buyers, 80 more and u get video and 26more gigs.

nano is prob a better machine cuz its flash i guess

Thaco
10-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by slick2404
freakin piss off to all the nano buyers, 80 more and u get video and 26more gigs.

nano is prob a better machine cuz its flash i guess

nano and ipod video are completely different machines... people who bought a nano bought it for the size, not the capabilities... if they wanted it for the capabilities they'd have bot an ipod photo for a few bucks more and a whole lotta gigs more.

Kaos
10-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Looks like I'll be ordering something soon.
I heard about this on VIBE that they have a special edition Madonna one.
:dunno:

Xaroxantu Zero
10-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
nano and ipod video are completely different machines... people who bought a nano bought it for the size, not the capabilities... if they wanted it for the capabilities they'd have bot an ipod photo for a few bucks more and a whole lotta gigs more.

More like 180 bucks more (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10063807&catid=22813&logon=&langid=EN). :rolleyes:

962 kid
10-13-2005, 12:29 AM
holy CRAP I want this! perfect! anyone wanna buy a zen micro? :D

Weapon_R
10-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Apple is going to completely dominate the market. Can anyone think of a good reason NOT to buy the IPOD lineup after this?

Xtrema
10-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Apple is going to completely dominate the market. Can anyone think of a good reason NOT to buy the IPOD lineup after this?

Buy something else and not being sheeps? :dunno:

Thaco
10-13-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Buy something else and not being sheeps? :dunno:

or because there are better, cheaper machines without the label whoring. *cough*iriver*cough*

GoChris
10-13-2005, 08:25 AM
I would rather buy a zen vision, big ass screen compared to the ipod.

/////AMG
10-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Ahh shit, just as I was starting to think about selling my Archos AV420. Might aswell do it now quickly before this hits shores or I'll never sell it.

Damn Apple. :thumbsdow

calgarygts
10-13-2005, 08:42 AM

Because I don't want one?

camaro
10-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by calgarygts

Because I don't want one?

:werd:

Those things are for bus riders. I would have nowhere to use that thing. If im doing work or something that would just screw me up.

Mr. Burns
10-13-2005, 09:29 AM
I still like my Dell DJ 30gb. I love the IPod nanos, but 4gb just doesn't cut it. I could give a shit about photo/video playback.:dunno:

Khyron
10-13-2005, 09:30 AM
They'll fuck it up by enforcing some weird Apple format - ie, onyl itunes for shows etc. If I buy a TV show for 1.99, I want to watch it on my TV as well.

Khyron

Raz
10-13-2005, 09:34 AM
on the apple page there is a screenshot of Lost the TV series on an ipod, it wouldn't surprise me if it plays most mpg/movs, possibly divx? :D If not, there'll be a hack in no time :D

- Rasmus

jaysas_63
10-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Raz
on the apple page there is a screenshot of Lost the TV series on an ipod, it wouldn't surprise me if it plays most mpg/movs, possibly divx? :D If not, there'll be a hack in no time :D

- Rasmus

if it doesn't play divx, i would be really disapointed

Raz
10-13-2005, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't think it plays divx off the bat, somehow.. I just don't expect it from apple...

ZorroAMG
10-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Great little things, but I don't have any use for them besides maybe using it in my car.....I don't jog or walk that much where I get so bored making music a must.

I think I work too much haha

saiyajin
10-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Raz
I wouldn't think it plays divx off the bat, somehow.. I just don't expect it from apple...

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipod/ipod.html

Time for the world’s best music player to take the stage for another encore. In 30GB and 60GB(1) models that hold up to 15,000(2) songs and full-colour album art, the new iPod makes the most of your music. Yeah, you’ve heard that tune before. Only now, you can watch it, too. With MPEG-4 and H.264 video support and a 6.35 cm (2.5-inch) colour display, the new iPod lets you watch up to 150 hours of video

Canaduh
10-13-2005, 11:18 AM

Everyone seems to think only ipod's are out there cuz of there popularity. There are just as good if not better machines out there that aren't as much money because they aren't the ipod. Personally I am into roady cycling and ipods are bulky and not something I want to carry while riding. I bought the rca lyra instead which has internal memory and supports sd cards, has a fm tuner and an armband so i can take it biking, so that does me just fine. Granted it has no video or any of that crap, but thats what I have a tv and computer for. My lyra also didnt cost me a few hundred bucks either. Just another trendy thing that everyone HAS to have, and once they do they will drop out of the market. Just my take on it. :dunno:

/////AMG
10-13-2005, 11:27 AM
:werd: It's all iPod hype. I never have and never will own an iPod. Whne peole think MP3 they think iPod straight away, there are alot less cheaper and better items if you look.

Ah well.

Khyron
10-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Yah but nothing has the aftermarket support of Ipod. My buddy is selling his superior Zen for an ipod just because of the seamless integration with stock BMW stereo - things like that make it the popular choice.

Khyron

Shoebox//Racer
10-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Dont buy the first gen one. thats all i have to say.

Canaduh
10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Yah but nothing has the aftermarket support of Ipod. My buddy is selling his superior Zen for an ipod just because of the seamless integration with stock BMW stereo - things like that make it the popular choice.

Khyron

see right there, I would just buy a mp3 deck and god for bid have to change the disc every so often.. its cool that ipods work like that dont get me wrong, i just think its a huge waste of money. The nano was kinda cool to look at, afraid id break it, and besides my lyra is actually smaller then my usb flash drive. Great for portability, even if it wont plug into the car.:dunno:

djayz
10-13-2005, 04:00 PM
if you can hook it up to your tv and watch whats playing on the ipod on your tv id buy one.
its like a portable dvd player but way smaller and without discs

i say good for apple...but bad for consumers why?
cuz apple makes money on every item they come out with cuz they introduce it and people go crazy
then few months later they come out with something else that everyone wants again....double the money for the same item

heavyD
10-13-2005, 04:21 PM
It's simple really. Ipods are simple to use, high quality, have infinite aftermarket support, and when people think mp3 players the first thing to come to mind is ipod. Apple owns 75% or more of the market so many people view the remaining 25% as also-rans whether they are better or cheaper. Another thing is resale. It's pretty easy to sell an ipod on the used market but not quite as easy to sell one of the also-rans. A second gen ipod is still an ipod while when a lyra or zen for example are succeeded with models of a different name it will be considered last years technology to the masses.

Nickelback's latest album hit jut took the number one spot in the US record charts. :dunno: I don't think anyone will confuse Nickelback with quality music but that's apparently what people want.

slick2404
10-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
... Apple owns 75% or more of the market so many people view the remaining 25% as also-rans whether they are better or cheaper...

Apple's closest compeition is SanDisk at a whopping 5% market share....mad domination on apples part + aftermarket hype....thats where they hide thier cash cow.... a freakin wall adapater for 50 bucks...brutal.

Nav13
10-16-2005, 11:44 AM
The 20 gig photo is now going for $300 bucks at bestbuy and FS, but the 6 gig mini is still at $320, wonder if they will drop the price in that too?

also wondering what your thoughts on this one is http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10064001&catid=21177
its a refurbrished one, but arent all ipods basicaly refurbrished? I think that ones a pretty good deal, but is there something Iam missing, like I realize it doesnt have color screen but thats not a big deal.

DJ Lazy
10-16-2005, 12:19 PM

Because IRiver has had video capabilities with many of their products lines. Just don't buy the USDM versions. ;)

/////AMG
10-16-2005, 12:31 PM
^^ Werd. I've had a 'video' MP3 player for almost a year now, plays divx files too (well some). People think iPod is the only one who does it then they'll buy it. It's good for them really.

aznflip
10-16-2005, 10:55 PM
hey is it in the stores already??
also i heard its not a good idea to buy it right away cause there are still problems with it is that true??

jaysas_63
10-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Nav13
The 20 gig photo is now going for $300 bucks at bestbuy and FS, but the 6 gig mini is still at $320, wonder if they will drop the price in that too?

also wondering what your thoughts on this one is http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10064001&catid=21177
its a refurbrished one, but arent all ipods basicaly refurbrished? I think that ones a pretty good deal, but is there something Iam missing, like I realize it doesnt have color screen but thats not a big deal.

for 50 bux more, i would with a new ipod photo with color screen