PDA

View Full Version : How would you rather take a punch from?

celicadreams
10-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Me and buddies are arguing who you would rather take a punch from to the face? Bruce LEE or Mike Tyson.

GoChris
10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
bruce, but...neither if I had a choice.

celicadreams
10-13-2005, 01:41 PM
bruce prob has a harder and deadlier punch,

DelSoln
10-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Tyson. Bruce was able to knock people down with a punch from 1 inch away. I would hate to see what he could do from further away.

5hift
10-13-2005, 02:05 PM
I dont think it matters, either way your going to get knocked the fuck out.

l8braker
10-13-2005, 02:07 PM
tyson would punch you in the face and bitte off your ear :)

Raz
10-13-2005, 02:12 PM
are you allowed to fight back afterwards, or perhaps shoot mike or bruce in the face before they punch you? ;)

brett_00civic
10-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Raz
are you allowed to fight back afterwards, or perhaps shoot mike or bruce in the face before they punch you? ;)

yes....yes, you are allowed to shoot them in the face :dunno:

duffspec
10-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Can you just turtle? I won't be taken a punch in the teeth from either of those dudes.

Phy
10-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Mike Tyson. Bruce Lee's dead. I wouldn't even know how to deal with a zombie punch.

/////AMG
10-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Err, Bruce Lee can punch me? Either way I'm ready to get knocked out.

TheBenzo
10-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Mike Tyson. Hopefully he would get tired half way through his swing.

BokCh0y
10-13-2005, 02:50 PM
mike cuz i know he'll bite my ear before he punches me.

sputnik
10-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Phy
Mike Tyson. Bruce Lee's dead. I wouldn't even know how to deal with a zombie punch.

:rofl:

EXACTLY what i was thinking! But given the Bruce Lee is dead... bring it on Bruce... I'm waiting.

Weapon_R
10-13-2005, 03:00 PM
I think it'd be worse getting a nice blow from Tyson. He would probably collapse your entire face if he wasn't wearing gloves (in his prime, likely even now).

SteveMo600
10-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Just trying to make a decision hurts my head...what a choice, I'd prolly pick Mike. Bruce Lee jus scares me...:eek:

D. Dub
10-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by celicadreams
bruce prob has a harder and deadlier punch,

have you ever taken physics?

Sharpie
10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Mike, I would just get him to count down from 10 and while he was doing that I would run.

v8killah
10-13-2005, 09:05 PM
well im going to say bruce, because this is what you look like when i guy of mike tysons size hits you.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/bossmac/IMGP5114.jpg

happened on friday btw

dj_honda
10-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by v8killah
well im going to say bruce, because this is what you look like when i guy of mike tysons size hits you.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/bossmac/IMGP5114.jpg

happened on friday btw

care to explain what happened?

b_t
10-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Bruce, because then I could say "SEE THIS? BRUCE LEE DID THIS!"

Sharpie
10-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by v8killah

happened on friday btw
Is that you?

v8killah
10-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Basically a big roider was looking for a fight after the bar and he started going crazy on my friend, so i punched him in the side of the head to make him stop ( had some liquid courage forsure) and well you see the end result.

ecstasy_civic
10-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I think it'd be worse getting a nice blow from Tyson. He would probably collapse your entire face if he wasn't wearing gloves (in his prime, likely even now).

:werd:
Is it just one punch?

Id say Tyson would be worse, 220lbs and a fuckload of anger lol

illeagle
10-13-2005, 09:43 PM
i'd rather get hit my bruce, cuz tyson supposedly had one of the hardest hits in boxing history.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Phy

Yeah, for sure. I mean, he's probably spent all of his dead-time training. I'll bet he could knock out Tyson just by breathing on him.

And then eating his brains.

Sharpie
10-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
i'd rather get hit my bruce, cuz tyson supposedly had one of the hardest hits in boxing history.
Have you ever seen him fight? He was a freaking wrecking machine.

forkdork
10-13-2005, 10:53 PM
^Word

Werent the first like 17 fights of his career all KO?

He was a machine

theken
10-13-2005, 11:03 PM
tyson is bad ass mofo i would wanna get punched by hims for one reason......money

cman
10-13-2005, 11:05 PM
i would much rather get hit by bruce pain wise.
but mike tyson for sure money wise.

Aleks
10-14-2005, 07:09 AM
There is no way Bruce Lee would have a harder punch. Maybe a much better placed punch etc but Tyson would have more mass/momentum behind his throw.

D. Dub
10-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
There is no way Bruce Lee would have a harder punch. Maybe a much better placed punch etc but Tyson would have more mass/momentum behind his throw.

yup simple physics

86max
10-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Bruce!

After using half his energy to jump high enough to even hit me in the face, he'd only have a fraction of his power left, delivering a sissy punch that martha stewart would be ashamed of.

V6-BoI
10-14-2005, 08:13 AM
I take it from Bruce. Even though Bruce can kick a lot of ass, Tyson's punch would probably hurt more.

seer_claw
10-14-2005, 08:19 AM
The force per square inch of both fighters punches were about the same. Bruce edged out Tyson by about 50 psi. But when you are hitting that hard I really wouldn't want to be hit by either. It just wouldn't go over well no matter who hit you.

BTW I don't know why I know that Bruce Lee had a harder punch its just one of those things. :dunno:

bigboom
10-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by seer_claw
The force per square inch of both fighters punches were about the same. Bruce edged out Tyson by about 50 psi. But when you are hitting that hard I really wouldn't want to be hit by either. It just wouldn't go over well no matter who hit you.

BTW I don't know why I know that Bruce Lee had a harder punch its just one of those things. :dunno:

where did you get those stats from?

89coupe
10-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeh, LOL please tell me where you got those stats?

/////AMG
10-14-2005, 10:52 AM
He went back to the past, measured it all out for Bruce Lee. Came back in his time machine to the peak of Mike Tysons career and measured it all out. Came back to 2005 went hard at work at his desk and came out with those figures. Pure genius! :thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tictactoe2004
10-14-2005, 11:55 AM
wow this thread is funny...

if it was one hit... i'd want to take the hit from bruce... if it was a full fight, i'd want to fight tyson... if I had my choice i'd run like hell either way.

V6-BoI
10-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by seer_claw

I still think Tyson would exert more pressure than Bruce Lee would. Bruce would probably throw a punch faster, and have a smaller surface area on his fist, but Tyson has like 80 lbs over Bruce Lee to compensate for his slower speed and bigger fist.

JAYMEZ
10-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Now the real question would be , who would win in a fight bruce lee or Mike Tyson , and i would say Bruce Lee!

saiyajin
10-14-2005, 01:07 PM
^ man thats like a given
mid way through tyson's swing bruce would be behind him delivering a flykick to the back of his skull

Mad$ella
10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
I dont think it matters, either way your going to get knocked the fuck out.

:werd:

JAYMEZ
10-14-2005, 01:27 PM
^^ Then why people rather take a punch from Bruce lee , fuck that ill take my chances with Mike Tyson LOL

V6-BoI
10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
^^ Then why people rather take a punch from Bruce lee , fuck that ill take my chances with Mike Tyson LOL

Heh I guess it depends how bad they knock you out

Primer_Drift
10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
I voted Bruce, but I think you could probably feign the hit with Tyson because he's so punch-drunk. Tyson has been to prison too. Chances are if he saw you lying on the ground unconscious, he'd have his way with you ..

abyss
10-14-2005, 02:23 PM
I'd take Tyson cause he doesn't hit women (I don't know Bruce's policy on that ;) ). Although I would have to put up with his repeated attempts to "fornicate" with me. :rofl:

GoChris
10-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by abyss
I'd take Tyson cause he doesn't hit women (I don't know Bruce's policy on that ;) ). Although I would have to put up with his repeated attempts to "fornicate" with me. :rofl:

rofl, are you kidding? do you know WHY tyson went to prison?

I suggest you change your pick.

abyss
10-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by GoChris

rofl, are you kidding? do you know WHY tyson went to prison?

I suggest you change your pick.

fair enough, lol, I choose dead Bruce then. No wait, wasn't it an alleged rape that sent him to the pen?

GoChris
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by abyss

fair enough, lol, I choose dead Bruce then. No wait, wasn't it an alleged rape that sent him to the pen?

how can you go to prison if not convicted? I really don't know 100%, but I have read a quote where he said something to the effect he likes to make girls bleed cause he feels powerful.

either way he's a bit messed in the head, I'd stay away.

seer_claw
10-14-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

where did you get those stats from?

I actually can't remember where but I recall reading it somewhere. I have looked around for a while but I can't seem to find where I got it from. SO take it with a grain of salt. lol

JeremyD
10-19-2005, 02:23 PM
I read a similar article years that discussed Bruce's training and fitness levels and that he hit as hard or harder than boxers of 225lbs or was it that he was on the same level as George Foreman. It was a long time ago.

Edit found the book or something similar:

Bruce Lee's Fighting Method Basic Training

Chapter 4 on Power training.

"Bruce Lee, a 130-pounder, was able to hit harder than a man twice his size, because Lee's blow with a heavy force behind it, was much faster."

Where tyson rates compared to weight and what not I am not sure.

Rockski
10-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by JeremyD
....or was it that he was on the same level as George Foreman.

"Bruce Lee, a 130-pounder, was able to hit harder than a man twice his size, because Lee's blow with a heavy force behind it, was much faster."

but he couldnt make an ergonomic cooking grill that sat on your counter and drained the fat out of the meat now could he?

Xtrema
10-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Bruce Lee

So I can put "Killed by Bruce Lee" on my grave stone.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Rockski

but he couldnt make an ergonomic cooking grill that sat on your counter and drained the fat out of the meat now could he?

Bruce Lee could have made an ergonomic kitchen appliance that turned packets of silica gel into Ice Cream Sundaes.

He was that good. :D

Rockski
10-19-2005, 03:34 PM
almost as good as a swanson HHHHHUNNNNNNNGRRRRRRRRRY MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN dinner

Charon
10-23-2005, 11:16 PM
I have been training JKD for some time (Invented by bruce lee) and I would pick bruce.
This is assuming you stand there and wait for the punch.
Boxers throw the best punches in the world. If there was a better way to knock someone out or exert more force in a punch they would have figured it out. Money talks and they get millions to fight at Tysons level.
Tyson would have bruce lee outtrained in punching probably by more then 20x THATS ALL HE DID day in and day out.
Bruce may be small and able to hit hard but it will not be as damaging. Tyson with a proper punch would be able to break close to every bone in your face and perhaps his hand.
And everything we study in JKD is based on how physics work, same with the one inch punch. Large muscle group to small muscle group. We train boxing but not to use it, you learn pretty quick that you will not be able to knock someone out 3x your size when you can work other tools that are much more effective.