PDA

View Full Version : not a fan of police right now

Phats
02-13-2003, 08:54 PM
well, I just got home from my floor hockey game. Unfortunately, a cop decided to pull me over. He didn't give me a ticket for speeding, no, he gave me three other tickets though. 1 because I have blue turn signal lights, something I used to think was cool, but got bored of really quick and haven't bothered to change yet. 1 for having tint on my front windows, something that was there when I bought the car last summer and have been planning to take off when I get home from school(I am in lethbridge for the moment). And lastly, 1 for having a burnt out liscense plate light. Man oh man, sometimes I think cops need to get off thier high horse, I could have understood him giving me one ticket and a warning to get rid of the lights and the tint but three, thats a much. Oh well, at least the tickets are only worth 36 bucks each, still a kick in the nuts though. Damnit, cops suck sometimes. Anyway, had to get this out, sorry about the huge essay.

Blue Devil 2
02-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Sounds like you got hit by a rice cop.

Ben
02-13-2003, 09:00 PM
YOU DESERVED THEM,

THE COP WAS DOING HIS JOB, HE WAS A TRAFFIC COP, NOT A MURDER INVESTIGATOR

redline_13000
02-13-2003, 09:02 PM
what a bunch of fuckers, reminds me of the time i got an obscure license plate ticket, i actually fought it in court today, and only had to pay 20 bux :D , best part is, the cop wasted about an hour and a half of his time to make me pay 20 bux :)

Phats
02-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Ben
YOU DESERVED THEM,

THE COP WAS DOING HIS JOB, HE WAS A TRAFFIC COP, NOT A MURDER INVESTIGATOR

Hey, thanks Ben, I didn't say I didn't deserve them, I said he didn't have to be a jerk and give me all of them, ass

Ben
02-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Phats

Hey, thanks Ben, I didn't say I didn't deserve them, I said he didn't have to be a jerk and give me all of them, ass

Once again, he was doing his job, dont want to get tickets for all of them? dont have illegal parts for all of those, and keep your car maintained...

The cop didn't install the blue lights on your car. or tint your windows, or short out your light, so if you are going to let those things happen, dont bitch and whine when you get a ticket for that.

Dont buy the parts if you cant afford the tickets. I'm sure you really feel those little 2 dollar blue bulbs are worth what they are now hey? :rolleyes:

jdmakkord
02-13-2003, 09:11 PM
:werd:

sexualbanana
02-13-2003, 09:11 PM

what the hell did u expect??

"u broke the law, but i'll only give u a warning"
how would u like to hear;
"u confessed to killing someone, so i'll just give u a warning"
?

don't u think u need to get off YOUR high horse?

max_boost
02-13-2003, 09:14 PM
I can understand the blue bulb and tint window ticket but I don’t understand the burnt out license plate light ticket. Chances are, most of us would not know if our license plate light is burnt out. It’s not like everytime we start up our car, we go to the back and check if the light is burnt out or not. lol

sexualbanana
02-13-2003, 09:15 PM
it's just like missing a license plate. i guarantee 90% of us wouldn't notice that we're missing our plate because for me, i approach the car from the front.

Ben
02-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I can understand the blue bulb and tint window ticket but I don’t understand the burnt out license plate light ticket. Chances are, most of us would not know if our license plate light is burnt out. It’s not like everytime we start up our car, we go to the back and check if the light is burnt out or not. lol

Technically drivers in Alberta are to walk around their vehicle before operating it to check the mechanical and electrical opperation of their vehicle, but who does that?:dunno:

THose tickets are legit and a fact of life.

Tough shit, you got busted, it happens, but get on with it.

Phats
02-13-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

what the hell did u expect??

"u broke the law, but i'll only give u a warning"
how would u like to hear;
"u confessed to killing someone, so i'll just give u a warning"
?

don't u think u need to get off YOUR high horse?

not exactly on a high horse there big gunner, and my liscense plate light being burnt our is not going to kill anyone. That is all I was saying he could have given me a warning for, yes, the tint, I deserved, and the bulbs, but come on, who really inspects every little light on thier vehicle when they drive it

D'z Nutz
02-13-2003, 09:45 PM
I do agree that you deserved the turn signal and tint tickets, and you're right about the plate light, cause how many people really check? My suggestion would be to get the turn signal changed, bulb replaced, and tint removed immediately and try seeing if they'll drop the tickets, or atleast have them reduced.

finboy
02-13-2003, 09:51 PM
i got one of those burnt out licence plat tickets too.

i was pissed off, funny part is that the cop did a u turn, pulled me over, THEN gave me the ticket.

Phats
02-13-2003, 10:08 PM
yeah I love that eh, one time a cop gave me a speeding ticket, fine, I deserved it, but then he did an illegal u-turn, accross a meridian on a high way

szw
02-13-2003, 10:48 PM

van
02-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by szw

hahaha that picture is funny lol

finboy
02-14-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
:werd:

dude...your sig is distracting :rofl:

Dave P
02-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by szw

Hahah:rofl:

Some people just know how to make friends

___2PaC___
02-14-2003, 10:01 AM
:rofl:nice pic

G
02-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by finboy
i got one of those burnt out licence plat tickets too.

i was pissed off, funny part is that the cop did a u turn, pulled me over, THEN gave me the ticket.

Pretty hard to give you a ticket, pull you over THEN do a u turn.

bosa
02-15-2003, 11:26 PM
How much were the tickets total?

Originally posted by Ben

Once again, he was doing his job, dont want to get tickets for all of them? dont have illegal parts for all of those, and keep your car maintained...

The cop didn't install the blue lights on your car. or tint your windows, or short out your light, so if you are going to let those things happen, dont bitch and whine when you get a ticket for that.

Dont buy the parts if you cant afford the tickets. I'm sure you really feel those little 2 dollar blue bulbs are worth what they are now hey? :rolleyes:

:werd: Good points Benny.

Phats: Why didn't you remove the parts earlier,if you were worried about recieving a ticket from a police officer? :dunno:

I didn't say I didn't deserve them, I said he didn't have to be a jerk and give me all of them

Well,the reason he gave you them,was because you did deserve them.

Phats: Have you removed the parts yet...?

Scott
02-17-2003, 05:33 AM
LOL, man, do you honestly think the cop would have given you a ticket for one burnt out license plate light if you didnt have rice on your car? He may have pulled you over, checked you out and then told you to fix the bulb, but then he say your queer blue signals, and gansta' tint.

lammer
02-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Scott
LOL, man, do you honestly think the cop would have given you a ticket for one burnt out license plate light if you didnt have rice on your car? He may have pulled you over, checked you out and then told you to fix the bulb, but then he say your queer blue signals, and gansta' tint.

and you wonder why everyone is a f'ing bitch to you?
you talk to people like they are all complete garbage and that you are better than them.

Scott
02-17-2003, 02:01 PM
This is only since people started flaming me though.

lammer
02-17-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Scott
This is only since people started flaming me though.

sometimes you gotta let that go, its just stupid harmless words, why you letting peopel get to you. don't be so bitter about it. not everyone has tastes in "J-bodies'' so thats why they say that shit to you, sometimes you gotta take them as jokes, and sometimes just let it through. no point in talking back because you can't change their minds, nor can they change yours.

Scott
02-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by lammer

sometimes you gotta let that go, its just stupid harmless words, why you letting peopel get to you. don't be so bitter about it. not everyone has tastes in "J-bodies'' so thats why they say that shit to you, sometimes you gotta take them as jokes, and sometimes just let it through. no point in talking back because you can't change their minds, nor can they change yours.

Well said, Please see my new post in the lounge.