PDA

View Full Version : Something in my house is making me SICK!!!

fcuk_it
10-15-2005, 09:09 AM
ever since i got hardwood floors and a humidifier installed in my house a few months ago ive been getting sick... i haven't had an asthma attack in about 15 years and since i had this done my asthma has been acting up pretty bad in the last 2 months... i've been living in this in this house for 16 years and ive started to get sick in the last 2 months... could it be some kind of mold or something growing in my house??
is there a number i can call to get my house checked out???

thanx...

Kaos
10-15-2005, 09:11 AM
STOP GROWING WEED.
:D
Call up Servpro, they can check for you to see if you got mold or something.

fcuk_it
10-15-2005, 09:15 AM
haha damn man your up this early too...
hahaha and its not the weed thats makin me sick:D haha you must have left something in my house the last time u were here and its makin me sick you dirty fuck..... hahaha jj

i'll call serpro in abit thanx mang...

Davetronz
10-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Hmmm have you changed your furnace filter lately?
You could try getting some of those air ionizer things. I am not sure how they work or how well they work...

Have you had the vents in your house cleaned lately? Like calling someone out to vacuum them?

I doubt its anything like gas, sewage or carbon monoxide as you aren't dead yet...

Get it checked out, it sucks when the place you should feel most comfortable makes you ill.

Tyler883
10-15-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm confused.

I thought that hard wood floors were recomended instead of carpets because the carpets harbor more of the things that can trigger an asthma attack.

xrayvsn
10-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Your humidifier may be the culprit. Molds/fungi like to have a humid environment and adding the humidifier can encourage their growth. Is it possible for you to turn of the humidifier for a while and see if things improve? Is there anything else new in your life, like new pets, starting smoking, friends with birds, or a new job?

Perhaps a visit to your doctor can be helpful. Some people are extremely allergic to fungal spores. There is a condition known as allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis that mimics the symptoms of asthma, and is caused by a fairly common organism (Aspergillus). I find it interesting that you have essentially outgrown your asthma, yet with the recent introduction of a humidifier, you suddenly have a bad recurrence.

EDM
10-15-2005, 12:42 PM
its like episode on csi where a bloody bullet when through a wall and some fungal spores (or something) grew over time and caused some guy to die.

silva27
10-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Haha set your grow op right man, otherwise you will get mold forming from bad duct installation. :D

benyl
10-15-2005, 10:28 PM
It is definetly mold. A coworker of mine has missed nearly 3 months of work until she found the mold in her house.

She has bad asthma.

l8braker
10-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Burn it down :devil:

~Leah~
10-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Black mold... it sucks. The reason why I had to move.