PDA

View Full Version : Attention Chris Ng!!!!!

Merkur
10-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey Chris Ng and anyone who knows him, seeing as pm's as emails are not working i have to take this public.

chris was looking at my car that i have recently sold and while he was looking at it he asked that i get a compression test done on the car. We had a verbal agreement stating that if i take it there and it fails he would pay for half of the test, if it passed he would pay for the whole thing. So i took a day off work, drove into lethbridge(i live 45 mins out of lethbridge) Took my car to Vanee Motors(VW) got the compression test done, of course the car passed with no problems and the Chris Ng decided not to buy my car. BUT he did say that he would send a cheque for the compression test in the mail, and as of now i have not recieved my money, and it has been over 2 weeks.

So as for now i'm giving a warning to anyone wanting to deal with him until we get this settled.

Thanks
Ben

l8braker
10-15-2005, 03:01 PM
let's hear his side....

you can run but you can't hide.

FlySi
10-15-2005, 03:46 PM
its pretty hurt that you want a few dollars so bad that youd resort to this. as a seller im sure it helped you get your car sold regardless of who bought it. are u that broke

WWJAI
10-15-2005, 03:49 PM
well it was an agreement...i would want my money too

Team_Mclaren
10-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by FlySi
its pretty hurt that you want a few dollars so bad that youd resort to this. as a seller im sure it helped you get your car sold regardless of who bought it. are u that broke

It's usually the buyer's responsibility to get the car inspected,tested. According to Merkur, the compression test was part of the agreement that "Chris Ng" promised to pay for. Even that the car is now sold, i dont think Merkur should be repsonsibility for the compression test that chris Ng wanted to have done

apples
10-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by FlySi
:banghead:

I highly doubt its a matter of being broke. Whether its $10 or $10,000 it doesnt matter, a deal is a deal.

FlySi
10-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

It's usually the buyer's responsibility to get the car inspected,tested. According to Merkur, the compression test was part of the agreement that "Chris Ng" promised to pay for. Even that the car is now sold, i dont think Merkur should be repsonsibility for the compression test that chris Ng wanted to have done

thats true, but the car is sold and was likely used to convince other buyers who came to see it. it was a verbal agreement so no one knows what really took plcae but its over and these tests are dirt cheap anyways

mdeleon
10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
i don't think it has anything to do with the actual test being done, it's just that the two people agreed on something and one party didn't fullfill their side of the agreement which broke some or all trust between each other.

Chris Ng
10-15-2005, 05:23 PM
ummm.. This is really kinda uncool..but amusing at the same time.. So let's offer my side of what went on for the rest of the people's amusment -

Ben has a 1997 TDI for sale on the forum.. I inform him that I am interested in the car and would like more information about it.. tells me the car is in great shape, doesn't smoke unless you accelerate hard and that there are a few paint cracks on the car that can't be seen unless you are looking for it.. we arrange to meet to view the car.. I took the day off work and arranged to get a ride down to cardston (aprix 2 1/2 hrs south) with a friend to take a look and possibly purchase the car..

We meet mr. Beazer in a parking lot.. first thing I notice about the car.. the paint is pure crap.. the cracking wasn't isolated in a few spots.. the paint was cracked throughout the entire body.. the cracking sort of looks like cracked glass..strike #1, but a car can still be repainted if the body is solid.. so then I asked if I could fire up the car.. as soon as the car fired up, we saw a puff of white smoke come out of the tail pipe .. strange, I wouldn't have expected that colour to come out of the tailpipe of a diesel.. but I don't have much knowledge about diesels, so I'll have to take his word for it that it is normal.. so I ask him if I could drive around the parking lot.. he agreed.. my friend stayed back to watch the car go.. as soon as I started to slowly accelerate, I could see out the side mirror that the car was billowing whitish blue smoke (this was at very light throttle).. again, this was unexpected.. when I got to the other side of the parking lot, I was noticed that I was comeing up to a rounded curb.. I stepped on the breaks to stop the car.. to my suprise, the pedal dropped to the floor and the car did not stop.. needless to say, the car went down the curb (rounded curb.. the car was lowered so the front end scraped the pavment a bit).. I got the car back where it was parked and immediately asked "what the hell is up with the brakes??" .. Ben was all concerned that I had deliberately taken the car over the curb... there was no damage to the front end.. however, you could see fluid dripping from the rear axel area.. I inspected the fluid.. it was brake fluid.. took a look at the stainless brake line only to find a large worn hole in it.. Ben attempted to blame the burst brake line on my having gone over the curb.. however, my friend's keen eye pointed out that there was a trail of brake fluid on the ground where I had attempted to stop the car before going off the curb.. the line had burst prior...
We inspected the other brake line and found that the line was quite worn as well.. it seemed to me that whoever installed the brake lines had routed them incorrectly which exposed the line to alot of the gravel and road debris which eventually wore through the stainless braid and hose underneath...
Okay, fine, the car would require new brake lines.. at this point I was still a little hopefull.. as the car was idling there, we noticed that it was still smokeing a whiteish/blue smoke ... Ben assured me that the car was supposed to do that, that the smoke was from overfueling because of the chip that was installed in the ecu...

Anyhow, I told Ben to let me know when he got the brakes fixed and that I would think about it.. I left feeling like I just wasted a day checking out this car that wasn't all that it was made out to be.. but I was still hopeful..

During the next few days, I did a little more research about TDI's in general.. even spoke to the guys at concept-1 regarding the car (they remembered the car and the previous owners) .. they suggested to me that the car might not be worth it, but to get it inspected.. I decided that the most fair thing to do in this case was to tell Ben that I wanted at least a compression test done on the motor, and if everything checked out correctly, I would pay for the inspection and purchase the car.. however, if the compression numbers were not good, that I would pay for half the inspection.. I felt this fair, since even if I did not purchase the car, he would have an inspection to show other potential buyers..

Anyhow, Ben calls me back a few days later with the compression numbers... he sounded very positive about them, telling me that minimum spec was 200, and that the umbers showed 400/375/380/380 (I may have gotten the order wrong) and that the engine still had plenty of life left in it.. I already was advised at this point in time that I should expect numbers closer to 475-500 for a motor with this ammount of mileage... so with numbers being lower than what I expected, I told Ben that I would have to decline purchasing the vehicle.. however that I would mail off a cheque to him covering the entire cost of the compression test.. I knew I told him I would only pay half , but heck, he was a young kid and I felt sorry for him...

okay. so what happened to the cheque.. I had written a cheque to Ben and enclosed it in an envelope a day after I spoke to him.. I asked my girlfriend if she could take it into work with her and mail it off for me since we had no stamps kicking around the house.. she agreed to do so...
and that was that.. I thought I was done.. however I recieved an email from mr beazer on wednesday evening tellng me he had not recieved the cheque... strange... so I asked my gf if she had sent the envelope or not.. she was sure she had done it with the rest of the mail she had, but couldn't be sure.. anyhow I recieved confirmation that the cheque was not mailed on friday afternoon.. oh well, I didn't give it much concern, it would be mailed out on monday when she got back into the office...

Then I see this post on here today...

As I said before.. very uncool...

My appologies that you havn't recieved the cheque as of yet mr beazer.. I'll still pay you for the full ammount of the compresison test you had done to the car.. even though I still fetl that the car was misrepresented to me and that it was a waste of time and gas to go see it (But I guess that's the risk one takes being the buyer).. Did you ever go to california to pick up your red beetle? or was that just a story you came up with to come up with a reason to sell a car that was going to fall apart?

I dont' care to be portrayed as a bad guy in an open forum such as you have done.. maybe I should just have my gf bring the envelope back to me and let you know that the money is waiting for you here is calgary.. come and get it..

GTS Jeff
10-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng
ummm.. This is really kinda uncool..but amusing at the same time.. So let's offer my side of what went on for the rest of the people's amusment - Thanks for the amusement. :D

I think you could have avoided all of this with more prompt communication however...

l8braker
10-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng
.. come and get it..

why don't you act like a big boy and mail it out?

Chris Ng
10-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Thanks for the amusement. :D

I think you could have avoided all of this with more prompt communication however...

Yes.. It was my bad for not having responded to his email which I recieved on wednesday evening sooner.. I wanted to clear up things on my end first checking to see if the cheque was actually sent.. we would have been in contact as soon as I knew what was going on...

Ben sent me 1 single pm on here.. the guy has my home email address as well as my 2 of my phone numbers, he could have easily contacted me at anypoint in time as he has in the past.. rather, he decides to take things to a public forum after a 1 1/2 day wait? .... like I said.. uncool...

As for l8breaker: it will be mailed out, as was already mentioned in my post.. the man has used this forum to vent his argument, and I have used it to vent my frustrations at his handling of the situation back... you trying to belittle me with your big boy comment is ignorant..

bennyhanna
10-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Merkur

So as for now i'm giving a warning to anyone wanting to deal with him until we get this settled.

Thanks
Ben

I would have to say

Its a warning to anyone looking to buy an MK3 Diesel from you

Chris
Youve done the right thing, the car was TOTALY misrepresented to you, and I really think that you sending him the chq was too nice. Did he offer to pay you for your gas for the trip?

dragonone
10-15-2005, 11:59 PM
even if he was trying to sell you a bad product or watnot
if you made and agreement w/ him you' should stik w/ it
if it was so bad why order the test done?

Sharpie
10-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by dragonone
even if he was trying to sell you a bad product or watnot
if you made and agreement w/ him you' should stik w/ it
if it was so bad why order the test done?
Did you even read the thread?

Chris Ng
10-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Sigh.. I'm done with this thread..
something that some of you don't seem to quite understand.. nobody was trying to break any sort of deal here...

an agreement was made between the seller of the car and I to have the compression test done.. I would in turn compensate the seller for the test..

The test was done and I did not find the results favorable, and so I turned down the oppertunity to purchase the vehicle.... a cheque was made out to the seller for a larger ammount than originally agreed to in order to compensate the seller for the compression test and his time of taking it to the dealer...

I was under the impression that the cheque had made it's way to the seller, so I never thought anything else of it...

The seller makes 1 attempt to contact me, via pm on this fourm.. although he had other methods of contacting me, no other methods were used (home email, 2 phone numbers etc) ..

The pm I recieved fro the seller consisted on 1 line "hey Chris i haven't gotten anything in the mail yet"

The email caught me by surprise, and before I contacted the seller back, I wanted to find out the facts of what happened to the cheque that was supposed to be sent.. I sensed no urgency in the email that I had recieved from Ben, so I was going to contact him as soon as I cleared up the mix up on my end...

a day and a half after I had read the email, I find my name posted up in a topic on this forum bad mouthing me...

I've already said it more than once.. this is completely uncool..

Anyhow.. I really could care less at this point in time about all of this.. mr. beazer, i've already pm'd you, so you know what is going on..

Merkur
10-16-2005, 12:27 AM
No i never went to california to pick up the beetle, i phoned the owner the night you told me you weren't taking my car and he has since sold it. But i have a brand new one arriving a Northland Volkswagen this coming week, and this is not a story either.

I did tell chris in all honesty the first time i talked to him that the paint was shitty.

Car did drop over curb, while you were looking at leak i was snapping the front lip back into place.

Reason i posted this? I have been screwed out of money in a situation almost exactly like this, and thats because i sat back and did nothing when my money did not show up.

WWJAI
10-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by bennyhanna

I would have to say

Its a warning to anyone looking to buy an MK3 Diesel from you

Chris
Youve done the right thing, the car was TOTALY misrepresented to you, and I really think that you sending him the chq was too nice. Did he offer to pay you for your gas for the trip?

:werd: Lied about waiting two weeks for the cheque. I think Merkur got some explaining to do about his POS

Chris Ng
10-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Merkur

I did tell chris in all honesty the first time i talked to him that the paint was shitty.

Car did drop over curb, while you were looking at leak i was snapping the front lip back into place.

Reason i posted this? I have been screwed out of money in a situation almost exactly like this, and thats because i sat back and did nothing when my money did not show up.

Here is a quote from the email you sent me Ben

"the car was repainted be the previous owner and the paint does have a few cracks in it, basically that means it wasn't prepped good enough in those spots, but you don't see the cracks unless you know they are there. the paint isn't coming off and there is no rust that i have found anywhere on the car."

What you described to me is far from calling the paint "shitty" .. so which part of "honesty" are you twisting?

It's none of my concern that you have been screwed out of money before ben.. I did not have any intention to do that to you... This was not the proper way of dealing with the situation at hand..

Loose
10-16-2005, 12:44 AM
The way i see it is that Chris was screwed out of what, 5 hours of his life, probably 50 bucks of gas, and for the cheque he wrote this guy....

The trip was a wash, since the car was misrepresented. If I were in his shoes, I'd be the one feeling ripped off.

Merkur
10-16-2005, 12:47 AM
If i have anything to "explain" about this car being a POS, perhaps talk to the previous owner??? I owned the car since may 2005 and sold it because my new job required the use of a red beetle. If i would of stuck with my last job i would of gladly kept my car.

Don't want to continue a fight but whatever

"I did tell chris in all honesty the first time i talked to him that the paint was shitty."

As for a proper way of dealing with a situation...i trusted the cheque to show up so i deleted your numbers out of my phone, had no use for them anymore so i thought. I would of called if i had them. I tried to PM you, that was on wednesday and when i had no reply i took the next possible step to contact you. sorry it came to this.

Ben

Merkur
10-16-2005, 12:48 AM
PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.

THANKS

Team_Mclaren
10-16-2005, 01:20 AM
please just resolve this over pm. And setup communication so things like this wont happen again please.
No outsider needs to comment anymore, no one really knows the TRUTH anyway.

:closed: thank you