PDA

View Full Version : Car is finally done...

Skyline_Addict
10-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Finally got my car back from the paint shop today and just had the Mugen kit put on. Pretty pleased with the work done....and even more pleased that I've completed all my car modifying goals - I'm done, seriously!

https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen1.jpg
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen2.jpg https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen3.jpg https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen4.jpg https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen5.jpg https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen6.jpg https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen7.jpg https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen8.jpg

Darkane
10-15-2005, 06:34 PM
No engine Mods?? :confused:

Mikey_008
10-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
No engine Mods?? :confused:

Haha...but the car looks clean man!! SWEET RIDE!!:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
10-15-2005, 06:37 PM
nope, not planning on any more. nothing too serious anyway. i'm going to start playing around with the VAFC a little more though.

Skyline_Addict
10-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Mikey_008

Haha...but the car looks clean man!! SWEET RIDE!!:thumbsup:

thanks! :D
i don't plan to do any engine mods unless i can really justify paying the price for the performance.

DC2uned
10-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Looks great!!
Perfectly modded, good job :thumbsup:

teknical
10-15-2005, 06:51 PM
love that front lip! :eek: :drool:

iceburns288
10-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Look soo clean, but I can't exactly put a finger on why:dunno: :thumbsup:

Sharpie
10-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Thats nice, BTW what color is that?

Skyline_Addict
10-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Thats nice, BTW what color is that?

Thanks for the compliments! :)

It's Satin Silver, and yes, it's an OEM colour. Under certain lights it has a blueish-purplish tint to it.

2M6
10-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Car looks good. I like that you restraind yourself from adding a horribly ugly bodykit like most people. I like the style.

It looks like the doors are a lighter shade than the body just behind them. Is it just the llghting?

Skyline_Addict
10-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by 2M6
Car looks good. I like that you restraind yourself from adding a horribly ugly bodykit like most people. I like the style.

It looks like the doors are a lighter shade than the body just behind them. Is it just the llghting?

thanks, yeah I just wanted something clean. i didnt' have to restrain myself from getting something ricey, IMPO. i always wanted it to look something like that.

and yes, it's just the lighting ;).

Sharpie
10-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

Thanks for the compliments! :)

It's Satin Silver, and yes, it's an OEM colour. Under certain lights it has a blueish-purplish tint to it.
Yeah I was just asking that because it has a purperlish blue to it

l8braker
10-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Nice and clean lookin' :thumbsup:

CrvenaZvezda
10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
nice loookin car man, i would have at least done the lil simple things like a cold air intake, exhaust, headers, and intake manifold. but nice car for sure.....

Skyline_Addict
10-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda
nice loookin car man, i would have at least done the lil simple things like a cold air intake, exhaust, headers, and intake manifold. but nice car for sure.....

i'll do anything if i think it's worth it...we'll see.

carguy
10-15-2005, 08:18 PM
nice and clean. are those 17's on your car?

dj_rice
10-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Nice car Terrence :thumbsup: Props to you

Is ur Lude auto or 5spd?

Skyline_Addict
10-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by carguy
nice and clean. are those 17's on your car?

thanks...yeah, those're 17x7

Originally posted by dj_rice
Nice car Terrence :thumbsup: Props to you

Is ur Lude auto or 5spd?

thanks man...5 speed.

Seanith
10-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Damn Terrence your car looks really clean! Good job man :thumbsup:

Dj_Stylz
10-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Looks real good. Body Kit looks pimp :bigpimp:

ecstasy_civic
10-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I saw you driving like 4 times yesterday lol
Looks nice:thumbsup:

/////AMG
10-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Looks clean man. Good job on it!

DJ Lazy
10-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Very Clean whip mang..!! :thumbsup:

One of the sexiest/clean 5th Gens I've seen.. :drool:

djayz
10-16-2005, 01:41 PM
nicely done...i think 18 would fill the holes a little nicer but the 17s still look damn nice...great work

rc2002
10-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Nice! One of the best looking 5th gens in the city IMO.

max_boost
10-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Looks good!:bigpimp:

You don't see the Greddy lip very often, I like it. Are you keeping it wingless?

88CRX
10-16-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm done, seriously!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

riiiiight ;)

anyways, car is looking pretty damn pimp :bigpimp: nice work :thumbsup:

Sorath
10-16-2005, 07:27 PM
looks good terrence

lastprodigy
10-16-2005, 07:52 PM
pretty nice, i would have gone a bit bigger on the wheels though, expecially if theres no more modding!

-painted jsut in time for winter?:eek:

1-Bar
10-16-2005, 07:56 PM
kit looks good...man, I'm gonna miss my lude. Looks good, I might have a mugen header for you if your interested....hahaha

Skyline_Addict
10-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks everyone, for your really nice compliments. Helps me affirm that it was all worth it.

Originally posted by richardchan2002
Nice! One of the best looking 5th gens in the city IMO.

Woah, thanks, means alot coming from you man! Thanks for helping me a bunch along the way as well! :thumbsup: Definetely made things alot easier!

Originally posted by djayz
nicely done...i think 18 would fill the holes a little nicer but the 17s still look damn nice...great work

18s for next season are definetely not out of the question, provided I can sell my 17s at a good price. I really like the wheels and am in no rush to change them.

Originally posted by 1-Bar
kit looks good...man, I'm gonna miss my lude. Looks good, I might have a mugen header for you if your interested....hahaha

thanks! i *may* be interested, we shall see...nooooo, i'm done! done with modding!

Seanith
10-16-2005, 08:57 PM
nooooo, i'm done! done with modding!

H
I
D
s

:rofl:

Skyline_Addict
10-16-2005, 08:58 PM
^^ i'm doing that...but it doesnt' count as a mod...it's a safety add-on!

jmanX
10-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Nice ride! Looks very very clean, even better then in the summer. I doubt ur done modifying it though.......:thumbsup:

stevieo
10-16-2005, 11:14 PM
^^ i'm doing that...but it doesnt' count as a mod...it's a safety add-on!

its only cause you high beam everything :angel:

Team_Mclaren
10-16-2005, 11:18 PM
***rice***

:rofl: :rofl: j/k car looks good! love the lip kit~! Let me go high speed test it!:devil:

A2VR6
10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Looks great man! Dont try to screw it up too much in the winter ok? :)

Skyline_Addict
10-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

its only cause you high beam everything :angel:

trust me, they're not that bright. the low beam lights...might as well drive with no lights.

A790
10-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Gorgeous man. I'm jealous :)

rc2002
10-17-2005, 12:23 AM
You gotta do something about the stock headlights. They're brutal - Honda really messed them up.

Projector Retrofit!

benoir
10-17-2005, 02:12 AM

and yes, it's just the lighting ;).

Sorry, but i dont reckon, not from all them angles.

They are only pics and you can ssee it for real (along with half the people who replied to your post who can no doubt prove or disprove this).

Its ok to be pissed, been there tbh :/

Looks well tho other than that :)

lastprodigy
10-17-2005, 02:24 AM
^^^ upon looking at it further, the bumper/lip and quarter panel seem to be darker than the rest of the car

Skyline_Addict
10-17-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by benoir

Its ok to be pissed, been there tbh :/

Looks well tho other than that :)

nobody's pissed off...am i supposed to be? :confused:

Skyline_Addict
10-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
^^^ upon looking at it further, the bumper/lip and quarter panel seem to be darker than the rest of the car

i guess you see what you see. the paint is an OEM colour so there were no problems matching the paint. looking at the car in real life and in the pictures, i don't see and color mismatches that are not from lighting angles. well, we may all be seeing it a little different on our comptur screens which all have different configurations as well. i guess you'd just have to see it in person.

FlySi
10-17-2005, 02:32 AM
car looks like two different colors. did u get a backyard paintjob?

Skyline_Addict
10-17-2005, 02:32 AM
no, professionally done...

WWJAI
10-17-2005, 02:38 AM
looks really clean...diggin the front lip:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
10-17-2005, 02:40 AM
^^ thanks!

i do see some of the colour discrepancies you pointed out in one or two of the pictures. in any case, I didn't get the entire car painted, just the front side and rear lip. whether it's lighting or not, I don't know but i'm not bothered by it at all. the rear quarter panel has nothing to do with my lip kit or the paint job i just got, which was only for the lips. if it really is darker, then it is. if that's the case, the picture really brings contrasts the difference in shading that wouldnt' be so noticeable by human eyes seeing the car in person, IMO. oh well, can't win em all.

car has a crystal clean record (I am third owner, ran full carfax report before buying, also fully inspected), so no collisions. it was never repainted to my knowledge, and I doubt you'd repaint a RQP for rock chips... - perhaps an OEM defect? who knows? i've owned the car for a while now...coming to 9 months and have never noticed it till some of you pointed it out. i see the car every day in person and know where every rock chip or scuff is on my car. as long as the car has a clean history, the paint discrepancy is the least of my worries in life. i guess pictures capture alot of things we don't want to notice and misses alot of things we should have noticed as well. it's no secret that cameras can really trick us sometimes. that's all i can explain.

no hard feelings as i know that those of you who have pointed it out are only trying to help out, but i'll admit that i was a little offended when asked if this was a back-yard paint job without knowing much about the car or what had been done. not just because of the work and effort i have put into it, but also for the guys at Pacific Auto who did such a great job with the car (nothing to do with RQP or whatever either) and are really great guys - i'm sure they would've pointed it out if it was such an issue, considering they see paint in all it's shades and colours for a living. but i'll reaffirm that there are no hard feelings..just an emotion i had in the spur of the moment.

Originally posted by max_boost
Looks good!:bigpimp:

You don't see the Greddy lip very often, I like it. Are you keeping it wingless?

thanks man. yeah, i plan to keep it wingless. i doubt i'll have this car for too much longer, another reason I'm staying away from doing too many mods. I plan to change cars at the end of the next summer season or maybe slightly later. this car is just an intro into that which they call the tuning world (could also be my conclusion as well).

WWJAI
10-18-2005, 08:53 PM
I plan to change cars at the end of the next summer season or maybe slightly later.

I think you should definitely keep the car considering how nicely you have done it...big props to you. One of the cleanest preludes ever. Well if you do end up selling it, the next owner is one lucky guy/gal.

BokCh0y
10-18-2005, 11:05 PM
so clean :thumbsup: looks awesome.

Skyline_Addict
10-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
so clean :thumbsup: looks awesome.

thanks ;)

Originally posted by WWJAI

I think you should definitely keep the car considering how nicely you have done it...big props to you. One of the cleanest preludes ever. Well if you do end up selling it, the next owner is one lucky guy/gal.

that's what i want. who knows, things/circumstances may change which may prevent this ;).

Goblin
10-19-2005, 03:12 PM
wow, a nice looking, clean car.. wow. Im stunned.

No wing, the body kit is clean and not hanging off... damn.

dufferson
10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
satin silver at silver city nice work :drool:

benoir
10-19-2005, 07:22 PM

nobody's pissed off...am i supposed to be? :confused:

not tryin to confuse, not at all. My main concern was aimed at the circled areas on the (i hope) attached images, the difference in colour. There is also some with the sideskirts and immediately above bodywork, but thats probs the light.

I have had a car with slight different colourings in the panels, and it aint that big a deal, was just tryin to make sure you were aware

I agree that you shouldnt be be vexed by it, its a bloody nice, and compared to ones i have seen over here in grey blighty its also original. IMO keep it spoiler-less aswell.

Skyline_Addict
10-19-2005, 09:48 PM
^^ yeah i noticed that as well. i find it odd (and also welcoming) that the other side of the car (passenger side) doesn't seem to have this issue. while different panels could certainly be a different colour, i find it really hard to believe that different areas on one panel could be a different colour as well. i.e the right side not having the shade difference, which brings back the issue of lighting.
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen4.jpg
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen6.jpg

as I can see ,there is definetely no shade difference, atleast not to the extent of the drivers side RQP. who knows, really. it's definetely an interesting little mystery...like it's sort of there, yet it's not. all about perspective.