8 - Branch Warren
7 - Melvin Anthony
6 - Dennis James
5 - Victor Martinez
4 - Gunter Schlierkamp
3 - Gustavo Badell
2 - Jay Cutler
1 - Ronnie Coleman

i agreed with the top 5 100% no question. Gunter came out great, really surprised by him. but i was really dissapointed in seeing chris comrier and markus rhul, both showed up wayyy off. and i called it... alexander federov was all hype.

JAYMEZ
10-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Was this on tonight?? Damn , when is the re run , i want to see this...

Wildcat
10-15-2005, 11:36 PM
theres a re-run tonite (in 30mins) at 12 on ppv haha, it might be playing tommorow.. :dunno:

1-Cent
10-16-2005, 01:42 AM
I think it was a pretty poor showing for the big boys, Coleman was retaining water like crazy and Jay had considerable fat on him for an Olympia showing, very disappointing. Dennis James though was a big surprise, hes leaps and bounds beyond last season, greatest improvement out of them but I'd be willing to bet his lats are too high for him to ever take a Mr O title. It was just... meh? Nothing memorable imo, Mr O is a pretty big joke anyway, rep will get you a long way with the judges and they always go for favorites while ignoring the rules they consistantly change at the last minute. I mean they threw in the point deduction rule for distended abs (GH gut) right before the show and whos got the BIGGEST GH gut known to man? The guy who wins! lol

I'm interested to see where the new federation will go, if you all haven't heard theres another Pro BB federation emerging thats promising competitors more money (which they deserve 200%), fair judges, rules that stay consistant, etc. They've already signed a few big names, I wonder if it could mean the end of the current federation in time if everyone moves over. Jay is talking about quitting altogether which is disheartening but maybe he'll suck it up and be back, who knows.

ARNOLD WAS THE BEST PART! :D :D

hockeybronx
10-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Well I'm pretty new to the whole Mr. Olympia thing. Maybe you guys could help me out to learn a bit more about it.

What is the competition based on?

What are the rules as far as steroid/doping policies and supplement use?

How are the current judges not consistant (as 1-Cent said) in their judging?

1-Cent
10-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Well I'm pretty new to the whole Mr. Olympia thing. Maybe you guys could help me out to learn a bit more about it.

What is the competition based on?

What are the rules as far as steroid/doping policies and supplement use?

How are the current judges not consistant (as 1-Cent said) in their judging?

It used to be based on who was the most aesthetically pleasing (Arnold's day), as in muscle symettry, cuts, proportions and balance, vascularity, etc. That was before hGH and insulin hit the scene, then everything changed, instead of who has achieved the most perfect human form its now about 70% sheer size, 20% who likes you and 10% overall appearance.

Steroids? Dude... Coleman uses CellTech and ZMA!! lmao
Seriously though, there are none lol theres not many tested competitions anymore except local shows mainly. Anything and everything is fair game at Mr. O ;) emphasis on everything.

They aren't consistant because they continually change the rules with very little notice to the competitors its insane. The rules for this years Mr O were added to and modified all the time up until just a few days before! How can you prepare for something like that!? Its retarded.

bulaian
10-16-2005, 06:09 PM
that sucks. I've always been a fan of jay and he always gets screwed. i guess what they say is true.. once you become a mr omlympia, you can't be beaten.. i think that's basically due to the politics involved so until ronnie retires, we won't see a new mr olympia.