PDA

View Full Version : brakes making a sound?!?!?!

GQBalla
10-16-2005, 03:24 AM
hey everyone i tried to do a serach on this but can't find a actual answer...

so

everytime i brake and im coming to a complete stop, and i start to travel around less than 15 kms or so my brakes start to make a wroor wroor sound...sorry for the lame sound effects but its the best i can make by typing it out...its not loud and i know for sure it was there all along...

im trying to figure out what could be wrong....sorry for the newbie thread but this is my first car and the first bad sound its made..

this car is a 2004 civic sedan. with about 48 xxx km on it

gpomp
10-16-2005, 03:27 AM
have you looked at the pads and rotors

GQBalla
10-16-2005, 03:29 AM
no i plan to do that when i jack up the car and put on winter tires...which i probably should do soon....

this problem ive only noticed like a week ago...

403Gemini
10-16-2005, 11:16 AM
more than likely the brakes, thats what happened to mine too

GTS Jeff
10-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
have you looked at the pads and rotors If not that, then your calipers are messed, which shouldn't happen on a car with such low mileage.

pizalm
10-16-2005, 02:09 PM
is it a metallic sound? pretty low mileage for your pads to be gone though.

GQBalla
10-17-2005, 12:56 AM
ermm its not exactly metallic sound but its juss like a lower frequency sound that mkaes a wroor wroor sound...

how long should pads actually take to wear down?

btw these are the oem brakes from honda never been changed or anything before...

i actually think its the brakes too because its not the same stopping feeling ahah i dun exactly know how to explain it but its like i have to push the brake pedal down more to stop than what it used to be

Tomaz
10-17-2005, 01:03 AM
You might have glazed the pads. Happens a lot for ppl who do hard braking or drive on highway. Slowing down from even 100kmh, that is a long time for pads to make enough friction to glazxe them. Or another thing it could be factory cheap brakes often have rotors that warp easy.

lastprodigy
10-17-2005, 01:57 AM
if its not a wear issue then take it in to the dealership for warranty!

FiveFreshFish
10-17-2005, 07:40 AM
Check it out soon. Waiting too long could mean the difference between turning (resurfacing) the rotors or replacing them.

rc2002
10-17-2005, 11:40 AM
This might be normal - It's a floating caliper design so at lighter brake pressure only one pad is contacting the rotor. The "woor woor" sounds may be just the one pad sliding on the rotor.

Your car is still really new - just take it to the dealer and have them check it out. A road test would be cheap if not free.

n1zm0
10-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

how long should pads actually take to wear down?

depends on how much you use your brakes.
i'd say 40-50000kms for 'normal-everyday' drivers, then get em checked out or serviced.

Thaco
10-18-2005, 07:11 PM
if its one constant Wooooooooooooooooooor then i'd say its the brakes, but if its a woor woor woor woor i'd say its a warped rotor, which is very easy to have on a car that new if the lug nuts were not properly torqued.

GQBalla
11-11-2005, 04:34 AM
well i checked out the brakes and doesn't seem to be worn down still lots of pad left, the rotors dont seem warped or anything at all to...

and the noise juss seemed to disappear. i now have another question in a different thread now