PDA

View Full Version : Help: Incorrect Postal Code?

yobi5888
10-16-2005, 03:30 AM
Anyone work in the postal office? I've sent a cheque to Ottawa, Ontario to pay off my vehicle. But I just realized I wrote the wrong postal code. It should be KXX-XXX, I wrote TXX-XXX instead. Does anyone know will it get to Ottawa at all, or how long would the delay be?

Thx

AcuraTl
10-16-2005, 06:08 AM
with any luck they should auto-correct it...but theres no guarantees man...

dj_rice
10-16-2005, 11:27 AM
You might have a chance they'll correct it OR it'll get sent back to you...but since you sent a cheque...did u have a trackin # on it or certified mail?

FiveFreshFish
10-16-2005, 07:16 PM
It'll get delayed a bit. I got stuff sent to me with a P prefix instead of a T and it arrived with no problems. My street address was shown correctly though.

rbau493
10-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Yes they will still get it. Like FFF said it will just be delayed a few days, my mid month pay statement has the postal code to my work but with my address and I still get it.

yobi5888
10-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks for all useful reply..,Hope it will arrive.

Thanks again

ZMan2k2
10-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Don't worry about it.
<-- That's me, I work there. Here's what will happen. It will go to the postal code first. So, whatever city the postal code is for is where it will arrive first. That's because it's read by machines, and they don't discriminate between city and code. They just read the code. Anyways, it will get to the letter carrier who sorts that letter, s/he will realize the code is incorrect, it will go back to the main plant, get corrected, hand-sorted and sent on it's merry way. Usually, for an incorrect code, it will get delayed about 2 days. So, it should be where you need it to go by next Monday.