PDA

View Full Version : What should I buy

eacyde
02-14-2003, 11:47 AM
What should I spend my hard earned dollars on?
Honda or Acura

I like Civics and Accords, but I also like Integras ans 1.7's

Help:dunno:

GTS Jeff
02-14-2003, 11:53 AM
uh well they are all hondas...in fact, civic, el, and integra are all pretty much the same car...

what exactly are u looking for in a car? u need to be more specific...price, features, speed, hanlding, utility, comfort, offroading...what?

id say acura if ure gona buy an nsx...

[GaGe]
02-14-2003, 12:15 PM
how much money do you have?

HRD2PLZ
02-14-2003, 12:16 PM
I've had a 1.6EL and I currently have an Accord, to compare the 2, I prefer the Accord. I've never really had any problems with any car. My next car will most likely be either the 2004 Acura TSX (when it comes out) or the 04 Mazda 6.
Best bet for you is to look at all the cars you are considering closely, test drive each of them and decide from there which one would best suit you needs/wants.

Glowrider
02-14-2003, 12:22 PM
The new Accord V6 Coupe's are nice.

lilboykorea
02-14-2003, 01:20 PM
new accords are real nice

calarina
02-14-2003, 02:10 PM
The new Honda Accord V6 EX models are the top of the line (I'm pretty sure). The rear taillights seem to resemble the look of Mercedes, and, as far as I know, they have somewhere around 225 hp. Whenever I see a new V6 Accord in the detail, I just have to gawk at it. They are very nice cars outside, inside, and under the hood. :thumbsup:

[GaGe]
02-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by calarina
The new Honda Accord V6 EX models are the top of the line (I'm pretty sure). The rear taillights seem to resemble the look of Mercedes, and, as far as I know, they have somewhere around 225 hp. Whenever I see a new V6 Accord in the detail, I just have to gawk at it. They are very nice cars outside, inside, and under the hood. :thumbsup:

it has 240 HP, looks nice, and is cheap. :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
02-14-2003, 02:15 PM
The new Honda Accord V6 EX models are the top of the line (I'm pretty sure). The rear taillights seem to resemble the look of Mercedes, and, as far as I know, they have somewhere around 225 hp. Whenever I see a new V6 Accord in the detail, I just have to gawk at it. They are very nice cars outside, inside, and under the hood. :thumbsup: yep! i personally like the coupe look wayyyy more than the sedan....they carry an old 3.0 v6 thats been tuned up to 240hp....it feels somewhat highstrung, but thats honda for ya. the suspension is tight and has little body roll, and the steering feel is the typical fantastic honda feel.

calarina
02-14-2003, 02:49 PM
I still have yet to drive one, but I want to. :D My car's in the shop right now, gettin' a tune up, so I'm stuck at work until 6:00. Haha, oh well. I get to drool over the Bimmers in the body shop! And the occaisional Accord V6. :D

bol
02-14-2003, 02:51 PM
I still have yet to drive one, but I want to. :D My car's in the shop right now, gettin' a tune up, so I'm stuck at work until 6:00. Haha, oh well. I get to drool over the Bimmers in the body shop! And the occaisional Accord V6. :D

what dealership do you work at?

calarina
02-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Calgary Honda. :D Calgary Honda, and Calgary BMW are owned by the same person, so we get a lot of BMW's in our Body Shop, because Calgary BMW doesn't have a body shop, just mechanical.

HRD2PLZ
02-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Yeah the new Accords are pretty nice, especially the EX-V6 coupes which are supposed to be coming out in a few months with a 6-speed manual :clap:

My Accord is pretty good, getting kinda tired with it though :rofl: I tire of my cars fairly quickly...

bol
02-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Calgary Honda. :D Calgary Honda, and Calgary BMW are owned by the same person, so we get a lot of BMW's in our Body Shop, because Calgary BMW doesn't have a body shop, just mechanical.

Yeah that's where I thought you were
See the Blue 330Ci in there with the frontend gone? Yeah that used to be mine
haha

mrmattyk
02-14-2003, 06:01 PM
I find Acura is a little more luxurious, while Honda is more sporty. IMO Acura has cars gauged more to my style. Anything Type S will get you around with style and performance. Since the apparent fusion of the Prelude and the Integra into the RSX, Honda is just Civics to me now.

Go to Honda and Acura's websites. They will send you nice information booklets about your prospective car if you are having a tough time choosing which car is right for you. Also their financing is incredible.

By the way, did they stop making Del Sol?

calarina
02-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by bol

Yeah that's where I thought you were
See the Blue 330Ci in there with the frontend gone? Yeah that used to be mine
haha

Wha? Hahaha, I think that thing has been sitting on the frame machine forever! :rofl:

*edit* I just stepped out of my office to check. Yup, it's still there...collecting dust. It's missing all it's front body parts, and the right rear quarter panel. Awww...what a waste of a beautiful car. How'd that happen?

bol
02-14-2003, 06:40 PM

Wha? Hahaha, I think that thing has been sitting on the frame machine forever! :rofl:

Yeah, that is my dads car now haha. I crashed it a couple of times and now he's got one under his belt. It's pretty worthless now!

If you've got a camera take some pictures of it for me!

bol
02-14-2003, 06:47 PM

*edit* I just stepped out of my office to check. Yup, it's still there...collecting dust. It's missing all it's front body parts, and the right rear quarter panel. Awww...what a waste of a beautiful car. How'd that happen?

Guess you're not on MSN... anyways, it was T-Boned awhile back... posts are somewhere on here but I can't find em. I'll have to show you pictures later!

GTS Jeff
02-14-2003, 07:32 PM
oh yea, whatever u do...dont buy a j body!

szw
02-15-2003, 02:33 AM
By the way, did they stop making Del Sol?

Yup, in 97

StrokeD z
02-15-2003, 04:58 PM
acura it has more luxury like oak trim and chrome

mrmattyk
02-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by szw

Yup, in 97

At 6'3 I am somewhat apathetic to that decision. I dont think I'd find it a comfortable drive.

HRD2PLZ
02-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by StrokeD z
acura it has more luxury like oak trim and chrome

Depends on which Acura. Luxury wise, my Accord is way nicer than my EL was. The Accord has 2 stage heated seats as oppossed to only one, auto-off lights, power seats, nicer leather, nicer interior finish (chrome and "wood" accents)

However, if you compare the Accord to a TL, there is no comparison :)