PDA

View Full Version : movie review: DOMINO

JordanLotoski
10-16-2005, 08:58 PM
I went to see Domino last night and was a little scepticle about taking the wife with me to see a movie about bounty hunters, 15 minutes into the movie my wife and i were glued to the screen, this movie is great a must see for everyone who likes a good action movie with alot of humor.

9/10 for sure

dj_honda
10-16-2005, 09:12 PM
good to hear. gonna check it out this week. :thumbsup:

Delta
10-16-2005, 09:13 PM
I wanna see it. It got bad reviews in the herald, but reviews often don't mean shit. I'll try check it out when I have enough time. Is it nice and violent? Good action?

gpomp
10-16-2005, 09:15 PM
i enjoyed it. more so than serenity

JordanLotoski
10-16-2005, 09:20 PM
belelive it or not, its funny as hell...and yeah great action, obe of the better movies ive seen in a long time, its one to buy when it hits dvd

szw
10-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah good movie.
http://kalioglou.sweb.cz/beverly-hills-90210-beverly-hills-90210-4000277.jpg

JordanLotoski
10-16-2005, 09:40 PM
lol......i was gonna add that in, but kinda ruins it.

Ekliptix
10-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Wow, judging the preview I would have not though it to be a good film. Thanks.

sputnik
10-17-2005, 07:24 AM
A whopping 13% on rottentomatoes.com. Looks like I will wait to see it on TV.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/domino/

Here is what the critics are saying.

"Domino is a horrid piece of junk."
-- Willie Waffle, WAFFLEMOVIES.COM

"A hopeless mess of never ending exposition and random, completely unrelated side trips into useless minutia."
-- Joshua Tyler, CINEMABLEND.COM

"Abusively moronic enough to inspire something like pity."
-- Jessica Winter, VILLAGE VOICE

"The movie plays like the work of a self-impressed film student. It's ripe with strident stylistic flourishes, harsh atmospheric cinematography and superficial roles that allow cast members to scream their heads off. Either that, or get them blown off."
-- Philip Wuntch, DALLAS MORNING NEWS

"It's sad to say that an arbitrary appearance by Jerry Springer is the picture's closest brush with inspiration."
-- Lisa Rose, NEWARK STAR-LEDGER

"A completely incoherent mess, told exclusively in two-second segments."
-- Steve Rhodes, INTERNET REVIEWS

rage2
10-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Why read reviews? Movie critics are ALWAYS wrong when it comes to reviewing action movies.

gonefishing
10-17-2005, 09:52 AM
i'll give it a 7/10 , there were a few pointless scenes that ruined the flow of the movie but overall it was worth the $11

jasonl
10-17-2005, 08:32 PM
The directing was unique and all but at some parts it was too flashy.... still pretty good movie.

1-Bar
10-17-2005, 08:52 PM
^^yeah, I heard the seizure/pokemon scence were numberous and hard to follow the action sometimes, but I think I'll make it out this weekend to see it....thanks....:thumbsup:

habsfan
10-21-2005, 10:45 PM
quick bump, finally saw this tonight, those reviews are full of shit. i really enjoyed domino. lots of action and if you pay attention, you can follow the plot fairly easy. ill be adding it to my dvd collection when its released. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lo)2enz0
10-26-2005, 12:10 PM
I went and saw this last night, umm it was ok. Really well done though.

But there were times when i just wanted to get up and leave cause the story was jumping around a wee bit.

over all good to see once in theatres but i will wait for it to come on to DVD before i see it again.

I NEED A GOOD MOVIE TO MAKE UP FOR DOOM!!!

god that movie scared me

JeremyD
10-26-2005, 03:16 PM
You forgot to mention the Keira Knightly goes topless briefly too.

Even that aside I found it to be an entertaining film. I liked the crazy cinematography in it. It suited the style of the story.

Better than Doom

8/10

heavyD
10-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JeremyD
You forgot to mention the Keira Knightly goes topless briefly too.

I was sitting on the fence but now I've made up my mind.:D

jasonl
10-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Lol that topless scene makes no sense it has nothing to do with anything in the movie.... but then again what am I complaining about :drool:

Vagabond142
10-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I have heard from many of my buddies that it is a horrid movie... one even put it a bare step away from Freddy Got Fingered, which is THE worst movie ever made. I didn't even go see it, and my bro and his buddies walked out 30 minutes in AND got their money back. Anyways, this is a definite renter for me, if only for the topless scene :drool:

JeremyD
10-27-2005, 12:48 PM
yeah the topless scene came out of nowhere and went nowhere but I liked it

Lo)2enz0
10-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
I have heard from many of my buddies that it is a horrid movie... one even put it a bare step away from Freddy Got Fingered, which is THE worst movie ever made. I didn't even go see it, and my bro and his buddies walked out 30 minutes in AND got their money back. Anyways, this is a definite renter for me, if only for the topless scene :drool:

man you just started talking about mindless movies in the doom thread. freddy got fingered is a perfect example of a mindless movie but its so stupid that its funny.

domino, not bad. not the best but still something thats worth seeing one time.

GQBalla
10-27-2005, 11:08 PM
i liked it!

i would give it a 8

it was pretty cool so crazy and everything!!!