PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed - 06 civics and lancers

guessboi
10-16-2005, 09:15 PM
omg. I dropped by at the automall today to check out some cars today (particularly looking for a SLK and G35 coupe) and there I saw these new 06 civics coupe and new 06 lancers at the lot...

I am very disappointed with how they look especially the front end!

:banghead:

lastprodigy
10-16-2005, 09:18 PM
civics ok.....backend looks like an A4

R34-crazy
10-16-2005, 09:18 PM
thanks?

JordanLotoski
10-16-2005, 09:24 PM
hang on hang on..how can anything be dissapointing when u drive an Aerio SX?

88CRX
10-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
(particularly looking for a SLK and G35 coupe)

So you were looking at Civic's and Lancer's because why... :nut:

Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
trading in the Aerio SX for an slk?

:rofl:

guessboi
10-16-2005, 09:42 PM
^ keeping it.

in the automall, so why not check out the new 06 models.

t-im
10-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
omg. I dropped by at the automall today to check out some cars today (particularly looking for a SLK and G35 coupe) and there I saw these new 06 civics coupe and new 06 lancers at the lot...

I am very disappointed with how they look especially the front end!

:banghead:

So why do you care about the Civic and Lancer when you're 'in the market' for a SLK or G35 coupe? :rofl:

haha :rofl:

Sharpie
10-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Haha :werd:

I dont really mind the new civics I think it is a huge improvement.

max_boost
10-16-2005, 10:14 PM

You're an ass j/k:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Haha seriously though, what are you expecting from sub $20K cars? This is such a waste of a thread for you to convey this opinion.

FiveFreshFish
10-16-2005, 10:21 PM
I like the new Civics.

infected
10-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Yea, good idea to keep it, not like it's going to be worth alot if you trade it in... they'll jip you for sure.

Too bad I can't fit in the new SLK's, they're nice. :drool:
The new Civic coupe looks ok-ish... the sedan's just a POS :barf:

mr.loco
10-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Hahaha, This is a pretty funny thread.

KLCC
10-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by infected

Too bad I can't fit in the new SLK's, they're nice. :drool:

are they not meant for tall people (190+ cm)???

:confused:

stevieo
Originally posted by t-im

So why do you care about the Civic and Lancer when you're 'in the market' for a SLK or G35 coupe? :rofl:

haha :rofl:

whats with the italics? trying to copy redlyne?

Aleks
I test drove the new civic this weekend. It is by far the best car for under 20K on the market today. Hands down nothing beats it. These are selling like hot cakes! Nicely equiped they go for just over 20K and the level of features is crazy. Interior is nice and the new engine is sufficient. Can't wait to drive the Si.

Impreza
10-16-2005, 11:07 PM
hahahhahahaha....I was going to say the same thing...

Why did you have to state clearly that you were at the automall to buy a G35 or SLK? Sounds like you're just looking for an ego boost from someone saying, "omg! you're soooo rich and balla stylez!":drama:

A790
10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

You're an ass j/k:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Haha seriously though, what are you expecting from sub $20K cars? This is such a waste of a thread for you to convey this opinion.

He's presenting his opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that. This is the "General Car Talk" forum is it not?

Team_Mclaren
10-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by A790

He's presenting his opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that. This is the "General Car Talk" forum is it not?

i dont think he clearly stated his opinion.... reasons that you dont like them? did you test drive them? did you even sit in the car??

brandon
10-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I test drove the new civic this weekend. It is by far the best car for under 20K on the market today. Hands down nothing beats it. These are selling like hot cakes! Nicely equiped they go for just over 20K and the level of features is crazy. Interior is nice and the new engine is sufficient. Can't wait to drive the Si.

:werd: :werd: :werd:
http://www.audizi.com/brandon/1.jpg

Moonracer
10-16-2005, 11:31 PM

haha that's why I saw your car there. :)

t-im
10-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

whats with the italics? trying to copy redlyne?
What, so I can't post in italics because one member did/does? Yeah, i'm out to copy the way people post on Beyond. :rolleyes: You got too much time on your hands buddy.

Thought i'd try something else, that's all - why don't you post something more useful.

Anyways, I haven't seen the new Lancer, but as much as I dislike Civics, the new ones are a sure improvement over the old ones - and I mean, for 20k, it's not gonna get much better then that, so what's there to complain about? I'm pretty impressed by the safety features Honda packs into the car now.

I actually testdrove one so i'm not just basing my opinion on pictures and articles.

and to the original poster - what's the fun in going to the Automall on a Sunday when everything is closed?

max_boost
10-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by brandon

That's pimp, it already has nice wheels!!!:bigpimp:

Impreza
10-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by t-im

and to the original poster - what's the fun in going to the Automall on a Sunday when everything is closed?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA..... OWNED!

JordanLotoski
10-16-2005, 11:40 PM

:drool:

Toms-SC
10-16-2005, 11:56 PM
torque not loading

Toms-SC
10-17-2005, 12:00 AM

Take the hint? :D

euro_racer
10-17-2005, 12:02 AM
at first i didnt like the new civic at all....but seeing them more and more on the road and the car is kinda growing on me :dunno:

A790
10-17-2005, 12:03 AM
I love the new Civic. I want the Si, when's it coming?

lastprodigy
10-17-2005, 12:18 AM
december

mo_virgin
10-17-2005, 04:14 AM
civic is ugly... if i want a car that looks like a saturn ill buy a saturn.

mdeleon
10-17-2005, 05:28 AM

are thos honda wheels? i think i see the honda emblem on the center cap!!!:bigpimp:

brandon
10-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by mdeleon

are thos honda wheels? i think i see the honda emblem on the center cap!!!:bigpimp:

Nope they aren't!
Me and Bobby from tunerworks thought it looked good with them on anywho.

http://www.audizi.com/brandon/2.jpg
http://www.audizi.com/brandon/3.jpg
http://www.audizi.com/brandon/4.jpg

sputnik
10-17-2005, 08:43 AM
My wife and I bought a 2006 Accord over a 2006 Civic for the following reasons.

- The interior in the Civic is VERY cheap and poorly designed. Everything seems to be a bit "loose"

- The steering wheel has to be perfectly aligned to see both the speedometer and the tach at the same time.

- The center console looks out of place.

- They high angle A-pillars create HUGE blind spots. Constantly had to move my head to look around it.

- The automatic transmission is garbage. Everytime you step on the gas it downshifts.

- TONS of road noise. Not to mention when you go over bumps it feels like you are driving a toolbox strapped to a skateboard.

- Heres the kicker... 7.4% lease rates (a fully loaded Accord EX-L was only $75/month more).

4doorj
10-17-2005, 09:23 AM
brandon the wheels loook sooo pimp:drool:

heavyD
10-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by A790
I love the new Civic. I want the Si, when's it coming?

Don't have very high standards do we.:rolleyes: How can anyone love an entry level car? You can like it or call it the perfect economy car, or something but love a car that barely has a pulse (with the exception of the Si)?

The 4-door civic IMO is far too conservatively styled (again!) and for the first time ever Honda has messed up the dash layout. In the past you could always look past the dull/conservative exterior styling because the interiors were designed so well. Nothing too flashy but everything you needed was in perfect reach and nothing added that you didn't need. This two-tiered dash layout is an abomination IMO.

The Si is growing on me the more I see it but its also crept up in price to RSX territory. I would consider owning one for sure as I like the engine/tranny combination with Honda reliability but that dash is almost enough to deter me and the fact that you will soon start seeing riced out Si's on every street corner.

sputnik
10-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
The 4-door civic IMO is far too conservatively styled (again!) and for the first time ever Honda has messed up the dash layout. In the past you could always look past the dull/conservative exterior styling because the interiors were designed so well. Nothing too flashy but everything you needed was in perfect reach and nothing added that you didn't need. This two-tiered dash layout is an abomination IMO.

The Si is growing on me the more I see it but its also crept up in price to RSX territory. I would consider owning one for sure as I like the engine/tranny combination with Honda reliability but that dash is almost enough to deter me and the fact that you will soon start seeing riced out Si's on every street corner.

:werd:

After test driving a Civic I realized that being forced to rent one would frustrate me enough. I cant imagine buying one.

IMO the bottom tier of the dash is completely useless. Even to view the tach you have to take your eyes COMPLETELY off the road as you cant even see any of it while looking through the windsheild.

The reliability factor kept me with a Honda, but the design team at Honda will probably get some backlash for the worst interior I have ever seen in a Civic.

I still think it looks great from the outside. Good agressive lines and fresh styling. Hopefully they get things right on the inside over the next couple of years.

viffer
10-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Can't wait to drive the Si.

December can't come soon enough.

How a car looks is all personal preference anyways, not much point arguing it. For what its worth both the 06 civic coupe and sedan are sweet looking, and the interior of the coupe is second to none IMO.

sputnik
10-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by viffer

December can't come soon enough.

How a car looks is all personal preference anyways, not much point arguing it. For what its worth both the 06 civic coupe and sedan are sweet looking, and the interior of the coupe is second to none IMO.

The coupe and the sedan have the same interior.

While it might be personal preference in terms of looks. Its functionality and build quality lacks considerably IMHO. Perhaps some have lowered expectations of what an interior should be like. For those people, the Civic will be just fine. For me I just think that they have taken a step backwards compared to the top end interior of the previous gen Civic.

Xtrema
10-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

The coupe and the sedan have the same interior.

While it might be personal preference in terms of looks. Its functionality and build quality lacks considerably IMHO. Perhaps some have lowered expectations of what an interior should be like. For those people, the Civic will be just fine. For me I just think that they have taken a step backwards compared to the top end interior of the previous gen Civic.

The 06 EX cost the same as my 96 EX and offers way more. Cost must be cut somewhere and unfortunately, interior takes the hit. But looks like everyone but Audi/VW are doing it.

The material used inside are pretty good in today's standard on this level of cars. It has more cheap, hard plastic after each gen.

I'm interested in the new Civic as well but probably won't test it til a heavy snow fall. Something tells me that giant A-pillar + the way the wiper is set up will create GIANT blind spots up front during snowing days.

Spawn
10-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Looks good but I prefer the 2006 Civic in the UK

sputnik
10-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
The 06 EX cost the same as my 96 EX and offers way more. Cost must be cut somewhere and unfortunately, interior takes the hit. But looks like everyone but Audi/VW are doing it.

The material used inside are pretty good in today's standard on this level of cars. It has more cheap, hard plastic after each gen.

I'm interested in the new Civic as well but probably won't test it til a heavy snow fall. Something tells me that giant A-pillar + the way the wiper is set up will create GIANT blind spots up front during snowing days.

Unfortunately, the new Civic interior deficiencies come more from poor design than build quality.

I didnt even begin to consider the enlarged blind spot from snow or mud.

C4S
10-17-2005, 11:40 AM
The new Civic is WAY .. WAY better then the old one! no matter from the look, interior, space, engine ... ALL BETTER! a big imporve!

disappoint? after look at SLK?? :D

Civic is still probaby 10 times better then any suzuki! :rofl:

P.S. by the way, I went to see those $2 million houses at Stonepine....... however, some $150G townhouse really disappointed me ... :rofl:

heavyD
10-17-2005, 11:47 AM
There is a silver 2006 coupe right outsided of my office. The coupe looks far better in person than the 4 door. Dash looks worse in person.:barf: Overall pretty nice car. I'd roll in it.:thumbsup:

Aleks
10-17-2005, 12:19 PM
I don't know, I kind of like the interior. To me it looks better than the previous gen. Yes the steering wheel needs to be adjusted so the person can see the upper dash but it telescopes and tilts! The red display of the Si should be nice. Hope Honda prices this thing reasonably.

achca
10-17-2005, 12:27 PM
i saw your car on friday night. all i want to say is "i love the new civic" very good improvement

Nope they aren't!
Me and Bobby from tunerworks thought it looked good with them on anywho.

http://www.audizi.com/brandon/2.jpg
http://www.audizi.com/brandon/3.jpg
http://www.audizi.com/brandon/4.jpg

Hakkola
10-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by KLCC

are they not meant for tall people (190+ cm)???

:confused:

I'm 6'2 and I drove it comfortably. :dunno: If I had the money for a 55 I'd buy one.

rc2002
10-17-2005, 12:37 PM
My favourite civic body style was the civic coupe two generations ago. This new civic coupe exterior is comes close though. I went to check out the coupes at T&T the other day and liked what I saw. But they are WAY overpriced. The MSRP on it was something like $22,900. Way too much to be paying for an entry level Honda. I wouldn't be surprised to see out the door prices for the SI civics being $30,000.

lastprodigy
10-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
My favourite civic body style was the civic coupe two generations ago. This new civic coupe exterior is comes close though. I went to check out the coupes at T&T the other day and liked what I saw. But they are WAY overpriced. The MSRP on it was something like $22,900. Way too much to be paying for an entry level Honda. I wouldn't be surprised to see out the door prices for the SI civics being $30,000.

I agree with you however, the SI will basically be an RSX-S with even more features than one. I guess from one side you could say its ridiculous to pay 30k for a civic but in the same sense youd be getting more than you were for 34K with with an RSX-S.

Aleks
10-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I am pretty sure the Si will be 26K MSRP

lastprodigy
10-17-2005, 12:58 PM

by Si you mean with 200hp or so? hmm yeah i guess it would hover around 30K OTD

Aleks
10-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Yeah the Si is the 197 hp one. But if you can wait for the next summer/fall after the initial hype has gone down a bit you should be able to get them for cheaper. They won't be limited production cars like S2000...

lastprodigy
10-17-2005, 01:02 PM
still a good price if it has all the features its supposed (LSD, navi etc)

GC84ever
10-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Your right about the 06 lancer. The new nose isn't very nice. at least the 05 lancer looked a little like an EVO

Xtrema
10-17-2005, 01:11 PM
It won't hit $30K in Canada since we don't have NAVI option.

Based on the equipment over an EX, (engine, LSC, 6speed and other minor cosmetic), I won't expect it to go over $26K. Anything over would be overpriced.

viffer
10-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
The MSRP on it was something like $22,900. Way too much to be paying for an entry level Honda.
You were probably looking at a loaded EX model, the entry level DX starts at $17k which is more than reasonable.

Brandon is that your car? ARe those wheels an option on the coupe or did you put those on yourself???

sputnik
10-17-2005, 02:52 PM

I think the price will hover around that of a base model Accord.

Xtrema
10-17-2005, 03:10 PM

You were probably looking at a loaded EX model, the entry level DX starts at $17k which is more than reasonable.

Brandon is that your car? ARe those wheels an option on the coupe or did you put those on yourself???

But every model but the EX and Si has drums in the back. So that's a easy decision for me to discount everything LX and lower.

Weapon_R
10-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

But every model but the EX and Si has drums in the back. So that's a easy decision for me to discount everything LX and lower.

lol you base your purchase decisions on whether a car has drums on the rear?

brandon
10-17-2005, 04:05 PM

yah me and my gf picked it up a week ago. It is a fully loaded EX Coupe and no we put those wheels on it.

KLCC
10-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I'm 6'2 and I drove it comfortably. :dunno: If I had the money for a 55 I'd buy one.

Thanks for the info then....

infected
10-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Fine!! Then I'm just a fat ass...

...haha, I'm 6'1 but you're skinny as a stick compared to me ;)

A790
10-17-2005, 09:39 PM

Don't have very high standards do we.:rolleyes: How can anyone love an entry level car? You can like it or call it the perfect economy car, or something but love a car that barely has a pulse (with the exception of the Si)?

Note how I said I want the Si (the only Civic close to my desired power output). Don't insult my taste because you have a different opinions.

:drama:

Seanith
10-17-2005, 10:01 PM

The Si is growing on me the more I see it but its also crept up in price to RSX territory.

The RSX is soon to be discontinued, so I believe the Civic will be picking up the slack for a couple years at least. Thats why its the most powerful civic N.A has recieved so far.

Are you sure about that? I thought it was a possibility that every civic had rear discs now.. i know theres a sedan that comes with them and the coupes have rear discs. I haven't seen any in person however.

Xtrema
10-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

lol you base your purchase decisions on whether a car has drums on the rear?

May be it's just me, drum + nice alloy wheels = teh gay.

Hiding behind a wheel cover, that's fine.

I also retract my statement about the interior. It looks cheap from the outside but once you're in and start touching the pieces, they are way better than 05.

Roof is a bit low on the EX but not uncomfortable and back seat is a bit tight to accomodate the low rear window.

But everything feels great. Too bad I don't have time for test drive.

lastprodigy
10-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Seanith

Are you sure about that? I thought it was a possibility that every civic had rear discs now.. i know theres a sedan that comes with them and the coupes have rear discs. I haven't seen any in person however.

Only the EX sedan comes with rear discs, the DX and LX's do not.

KLCC
10-18-2005, 01:13 AM
stupid o rly gif file.....I feel like I am getting hypnotize :nut:

max_boost
10-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Just checked out the Honda website and the specifications for the new Civic. The Civic DX-G for $20K out the door is the best bargain in the entry level market. The thing is just loaded! Has all the comforts and safety features I'm looking for so it will more than likely be the gf's next car. :thumbsup:

lastprodigy
10-18-2005, 02:23 AM
Just checked out the Honda website and the specifications for the new Civic. The Civic DX-G for $20K out the door is the best bargain in the entry level market. The thing is just loaded! Has all the comforts and safety features I'm looking for so it will more than likely be the gf's next car. :thumbsup:

lol quite a shaft of a downgrade from an RSX-S dotn you think?? :rofl: