PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Lo)2enz0
02-14-2003, 12:30 PM
I was wondering if it would be worth putting a turbo on my d16y7. Its an automatic as well. I have been thinking about it cause if I decide to swap the d16y7 for a B18b I really don't want the d16 sitting around. Well I am mainly wondering if I should drop the b18b in and do a few minor mods onto that (and it will be manual) or should I just go ahead and turbo the d16.

Laurier

tegdream
02-14-2003, 01:34 PM
u might get jacked from auto-manual

GTS Jeff
02-14-2003, 02:09 PM
yea, the auto-manual conversion could be a lot of money, but if ure set on keeping your car, ull have to bite down and do it.

as for turboing your motor, its really a personal choice....ive never heard any bad stories about d16 turbo, so its really your own choice and how confident in your motor u are. does it feel and run strong? is it low mileage? that sort of thing...

like for example, i am currently holding off on any further engine mods to my car cuz i really dont think my motor is up to the job. i have a feeling that its going to crap out in a couple years...so for now, im just saving for a swap.

hope that helps

Lo)2enz0
02-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
yea, the auto-manual conversion could be a lot of money, but if ure set on keeping your car, ull have to bite down and do it.

as for turboing your motor, its really a personal choice....ive never heard any bad stories about d16 turbo, so its really your own choice and how confident in your motor u are. does it feel and run strong? is it low mileage? that sort of thing...

like for example, i am currently holding off on any further engine mods to my car cuz i really dont think my motor is up to the job. i have a feeling that its going to crap out in a couple years...so for now, im just saving for a swap.

hope that helps

ya, its a 98 d16y7 and it only has 66,000km on it. I would like to get more boost out of it because it seema a bit weak.

Laurier