PDA

View Full Version : new member

voodoo
02-14-2003, 05:40 PM
hey im new here, just thought i would say hi and post some pics of my car

well after having the car for 8months (started stock) this is how complete it is.

http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/Mycar1.jpg

http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/Mycar3.jpg

http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/Mycar2.jpg

an overhead view
http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/Mycar4.jpg

close up of the C/F hood.
http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/Mycar5.jpg

picture of the hood and my hood pins (NO THEY ARE NOT PINK)
http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/Mycar6.jpg

my free advertising to jbodyalberta.com site
http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/Mycar8.jpg

http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/Mycar9.jpg

http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/Mycar7.jpg

whats been done since the pics

i am now lowered about 2inches
have the rest of the body kit on
got rid of the altezzas and now have TOYOTA cavalier tail lights
17" American Eagle Series 160 Wheels

voodoo
02-14-2003, 05:41 PM
if you cant see the pics you can go here and view the pics

http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/paul1.html

HRD2PLZ
02-14-2003, 05:44 PM
uh-oh, Where's Jeff?

Welcome to the board though :)

ecstasy_civic
02-14-2003, 05:45 PM
calling jeff to aisle 3 for clean up lol:rofl:

Blue Devil 2
02-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
Are you aware your car is a cavalier?

I'm sure he's aware of that. Are you aware you comments make no sense?

mrmattyk
02-14-2003, 05:47 PM
http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/my_rims.jpg

:eek:

If you got rid of the spoiler it would be alright

mrmattyk
02-14-2003, 05:48 PM
It's not my style, but if you like it then that's all that matters :D

Ben
02-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Please post a list of mods.

Welcome Aboard!

GTS Jeff
02-14-2003, 07:18 PM
hey bud, nice car.

hkcivic2k2
02-14-2003, 07:25 PM
What a stupid ass comment... Why are you talking down to him as if you drive something better??? Its not like its a plain old Cavalier, it does have some balls being a Z24...

mrmattyk
02-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by hkcivic2k2
What a stupid ass comment... Why are you talking down to him as if you drive something better??? Its not like its a plain old Cavalier, it does have some balls being a Z24...

If you are reffering to me. Cavaliers are nice how they are. I am reffering to some of the after market decisions for the exterior, which are a little too bold for me on this one.

ecstasy_civic
02-14-2003, 07:47 PM
i just like to see jeff do his thing lol.

everyone knows what a kick i get out of it :clap:

its nothin against the guys car like mr. M said the spoiler isnt my thing but i could handle the rest:thumbsup:

izzoblitzo
02-14-2003, 08:21 PM
welcome welcome VOO!

ACS-e36
02-15-2003, 01:15 AM
its not too shabby considering its a cavalier... whatever floats ur boat voo
list ur mods!

szw
02-15-2003, 02:51 AM
i was behind a cavalier today, and he had a sticker or something on his third brake light, so when it lit up it said "Z24" hehe..

anyways i thought that was pretty cool..haha

glad you got rid of the altezza's!

voodoo
02-15-2003, 04:31 AM
http://soccerrules_soccerrules.homestead.com/files/my_rims.jpg

:eek:

If you got rid of the spoiler it would be alright

thats not my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE THE STOCK SPOILER ON MY CAR
thats just a pic of the wheels i have, just dont have one of them on my car yet

voodoo
02-15-2003, 04:35 AM
here is my current list of mods....

VW corrado G60 supercharger (not in car yet)
intercooler off of a 300zx (not in car yet)
custom 2 1/2" catback exaust
dual 3" reactive tips
removed catalytic converter
zex nitrous kit 65 shot
induction dynamics cold air intake
Centerforce dual friction clutch (which slips already after only 6000km
rebuilt engine at 73000km (thanks to a blown piston)
port and polished head
3 angle valve job
mantaparts Sports 2.4 TC Valve Springs
mantaparts Sports & Racing 2.4 TC Stainless Valves
copper gaskets

eibach pro kit droped 1.75 inches
17" American Eagle Series 160 Wheels
215/45/ZR17" Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD2 tires

shaved badges
shaved moldings
95-99 Toyota Tails
clear corners
hyper white low & high beams
andys street fighter kit

FUTURE MODS

new pistons/rods/bearings
crank cyrotreated
higher boooooooooost

Madspinner
02-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Did you just get those toyota taillights.I was talking to a buddy of mine that is on JCA and told me that someone on there just got toyota taillights.

voodoo
02-15-2003, 10:17 PM
yes i did

Si_FlyGuy
02-15-2003, 10:29 PM
I wanna see what a toyota cavalier taillight looks like...

bosa
02-15-2003, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the board. Do you have any full size pictures of your car,so we can see the whole body in one shot? :dunno:

voodoo
02-16-2003, 02:23 PM
i have no full size pics of the car, will take some soon, when the sideskirts and rear bumper and wheels are on.

voodoo
02-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
I wanna see what a toyota cavalier taillight looks like...

here is a pic of them

http://www.toyotaparts.co.nz/cavalier/img8.gif

izzoblitzo
02-17-2003, 12:04 AM
HOLY voo, how'd you get those?

I bought some from a guy in the US over the summer, but mine have a clear turn signal instead of orange, and the inner is kinda the same as stock, although darker in color

these:
http://www.mars.sphere.ne.jp/cavalier/image/tl12.jpg

but on a silver car, I thought it was too red. So... I put em in storage, and on goes the tezzas! *L*

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by voodoo

here is a pic of them

http://www.toyotaparts.co.nz/cavalier/img8.gif

no offence or anything but those are ugly as hell. not diggin the whole 3 colors/different directions of the lenses.

just my opinion

mrmattyk
02-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Hey voodoo, why do you have an intercooler for your s/c? I've never heard of someone needing one for a S/C.

Scott
02-17-2003, 01:48 PM
Hey voodoo, why do you have an intercooler for your s/c? I've never heard of someone needing one for a S/C.

have you ever looked at a ford thunderbird supercoupe? No? Well go look.

A supercharger will still create heat (not as much as a turbo of course) but intercooling is still effective.

mrmattyk
02-17-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Scott

I left everything alone until people started attacking me, then there was no point in being quiet anymore, so now i will be the message board asshole that hates on everyone. Just like you :D

have you ever looked at a ford thunderbird supercoupe? No? Well go look.

A supercharger will still create heat (not as much as a turbo of course) but intercooling is still effective.

I did understand superchargers create heat. Much like what you said, not as much as a turbo. I just never thought of intercooling a s/c, thanks for the response.

HK2NR
02-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

thnx for that rude response.
and actually jeff doesnt seem to be the board asshole.... you do

:werd:

Scott
02-17-2003, 02:00 PM

thnx for that rude response.
and actually jeff doesnt seem to be the board asshole.... you do

Well, maybe i will chill a bit when people stop dissing me all the time for owning a sunfire.

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2003, 02:08 PM
no shit, i was even interested in it before but now i could care less.

youve kinda made yourself stand out in a bad way here.

mrmattyk
02-17-2003, 02:13 PM

Dude just chillax. If I started making fun of your civic I know you'd hate it. Lets just leave the dude alone, because he is a nice guy. He's just protecting his car, just like anyone else would. :thumbsup:

Scott
02-17-2003, 02:31 PM

Please see my post in the lounge.

izzoblitzo
02-17-2003, 03:08 PM
man, thats the thing with issues that are intrude on people's interest, because we all go out and somehow it seems like a personal attack (albeit we do it inocently) if its something we relate to.

Somehow, this hobby we've stumbled upon has created more problems than anyone coulda imagined. If I should say so, the top right corner of the screen should say its a CAR forum for CAR ENTHUSIASTS. It doesnt say its a Civic forum, or a Mustang forum. But theres hate everywhere you go.

I knew straight up what the consequences might be when I decided to buy my cavalier. But hey, two years later, I have no regrets. The car will always be a work in process to me, and to others, maybe a 'piece'. But hey, its what I like, I'll live with it.

We gotta get along. Not everybody here drives a mercedes, so we all gotta stop actin like we own the road. I've been through all those posts involving the 'cuttin you off cavalier' or the 'riced out type r prelude'. But why cant we all just share a laugh?

Its bad enough theres all these chumps that seem like they do some crazy things on the streets makin it all hazardous for us (accident wise, and po-po wise). But lets face it, this is the industry. No matter what you drive, what you do to it, there will always be someone better. Last I heard, its a forum for all, not just those that own Acuras and Mazdas etc etc.

For the most part, most of these guys on here are great guys, and prolly really cool once you get to know 'em. But as a fairly new member of the forum, I think I speak for most when I say lets just give everyone a chance before we make a judgement, cos not everybody is the same.

Madspinner
02-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey Scott ,No ,I don't know Jeff .

voodoo
02-18-2003, 09:38 AM

No offense Scott, but your Daytona is cooler than the Sunfire. I'd be more proud of the Daytona. That car has some balls :burnout:

HAHAHAHHA thats the funniest thing i have heard, i could RAPE that daytona also i bet i could rape some of you in my "cavalier", also just cause i dont drive a Civic doesnt mean i dont deserve some respect. i could have bought a civic or intrega but i didnt want to be like EVERY little retartd who thinnks that the god damn civics and intergra's are the KING shit. i got news for you. any car can be made too look nice. honda,acura,chev,ford, etc...

CRXguy
02-18-2003, 11:25 AM
i could RAPE that daytona also i bet i could rape some of you in my "cavalier"

Before or after you blow up your engine......again?

also just cause i dont drive a Civic doesnt mean i dont deserve some respect.

People seriously need to STFU about this respect thing. If you want respect, EARN it. Pretty simple isn't it? Crying and bitching about it isn't gonna do anything.

i could have bought a civic or intrega but i didnt want to be like EVERY little retartd who thinnks that the god damn civics and intergra's are the KING shit.

It sounds like you're the retarded KING shit right now.

http://www.lamer.net/cry.gif

Ben
02-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Not everyone drives civics and tegs y'know. and your car off the bottle isn't that fast, so oh well,

voodoo
02-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Before or after you blow up your engine......again?

actually it wont blow again, the whole top end has been replaced with aftermartet and the bottom end is replacement is about to start also.

People seriously need to STFU about this respect thing. If you want respect, EARN it. Pretty simple isn't it? Crying and bitching about it isn't gonna do anything.

oh and how the fuck are we susposed to earn the respect when people are already dissin people when they FIRST post. looks like unless i own a import, im not even gonna get a chance to earn it

It sounds like you're the retarded KING shit right now.

and y is that?

voodoo
02-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Ben
and your car off the bottle isn't that fast, so oh well,

well it is on the bottle, so whats your point?

so what now we gonna start an arguement about FI?
turbo/supercharger/nitrous ITS ALL FORCED INDUCTION

i know nitrous is the quick and easy way to do it. and some people call it cheating because of that, but until i get the supercharger put on, i will still continue to use nitrous.

and i suspose when the supercharger is on, your gonna tell me that my car "off" the charger isnt that fast..

Ben
02-18-2003, 12:00 PM

well it is on the bottle, so whats your point?

so what now we gonna start an arguement about FI?
turbo/supercharger/nitrous ITS ALL FORCED INDUCTION

i know nitrous is the quick and easy way to do it. and some people call it cheating because of that, but until i get the supercharger put on, i will still continue to use nitrous.

and i suspose when the supercharger is on, your gonna tell me that my car "off" the charger isnt that fast..

Supercharger is one thing, its power all the time, you cant just turn it off with a switch.

If there was one thing I learned about Nitrous is that it sucks bad, cause your car is fuckin slow ass with out it. Got no bottle, got no speed. Chargers and Turbines are constant power on Tap, ALL THE TIME. That and the fact using N2O on the streets is pretty dumb anyways. I hope you get busted using it, then you can tell us all how great it is when your car gets auctioned off.

Why would I say your car is still slow without the charger, your just a clown. "Sure, I'll race you, but unhook your turbo!"

"Lets go, I'll race you right now!"
"Nah man, I cant, I have to wait till payday so I can fill my NAWWWS bottle"

ahhahahaahaha

this thread is beat.

Ben
02-18-2003, 12:06 PM
a Cavalier is a Cavalier is a Cavalier.

A Cavalier on Juice is still just a Cavalier, cause its not always that fast, but a Compressed Cavalier, now that might be something worth writing home about.

When you get that Charger installed and opperational, I and many others will likely give you the clap and the props, but until then, expect a bit of redicule.

Dr. Evil
02-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Nice ride! You've made some good progress in the months that you've owned it. I like the Toyota tails because they are rare.

how the fuck are we susposed to earn the respect when people are already dissin people when they FIRST post.
:dunno: I guess its like an initiation thing? If you're tough enough to survive then you're allowed in? I don't know... but welcome:guns:

voodoo
02-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Supercharger is one thing, its power all the time, you cant just turn it off with a switch.

That and the fact using N2O on the streets is pretty dumb anyways. I hope you get busted using it, then you can tell us all how great it is when your car gets auctioned off.

this thread is beat.

so tell me where i said i have used my bottle on the street?

the whole reason i dont have a remote bottle opener is so i cant race on the streets. it would mean me going all the way to the trunk opening the bottle and then returning to the car.

Hakkola
02-18-2003, 12:42 PM
I know a guy with a z24 who blew his engine with nos, Adam?

Ben
02-18-2003, 12:45 PM

so tell me where i said i have used my bottle on the street?

the whole reason i dont have a remote bottle opener is so i cant race on the streets. it would mean me going all the way to the trunk opening the bottle and then returning to the car.

I never did say you used it on the street, but with all the shit you have done to your car, and the fact its a Cavalier, people WILL want to race you, and there you have it, off the juice, your car is slow. People will want to race you you cant. You say you are on the bottle and will "ontinue to use Nitrous", and then you say you dont use it on the street...I'm sorry, conflict of perameters. Whats the best time you ran at Race City on the bottle, post a time slip, kinda curious.

mrmattyk
02-18-2003, 12:46 PM

HAHAHAHHA thats the funniest thing i have heard, i could RAPE that daytona also i bet i could rape some of you in my "cavalier", also just cause i dont drive a Civic doesnt mean i dont deserve some respect. i could have bought a civic or intrega but i didnt want to be like EVERY little retartd who thinnks that the god damn civics and intergra's are the KING shit. i got news for you. any car can be made too look nice. honda,acura,chev,ford, etc...

Daytona turbo is way faster than your cavalier.

I own a cavalier, big shock. Civics and Integras are the "KING" shit and "EVERY little retartd" drives them because of a plethora of aftermarket parts that can be installed for a fair price. You dont deserve respect, you earn it. I could have an 9 second prelude with $300,000 worth of work put into it, and if I am a total asshole people will not respect me despite the fact I drive a nice import. You cant post your car and expect every single member to be like "OMG! That is the best car in the world!".

voodoo
02-18-2003, 12:55 PM
well i dont have them scanned. but fastest time is a 15.137
and a 15.138
off the bottle its a 15.5.

and i have witnesses on this site, but u guys bash them so im guessing you wont take them as viable sources.

i will find them and scan them tonight or tomorrow, and i will post them for all you non believers

voodoo
02-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Ben

and then you say you dont use it on the street...I'm sorry, conflict of perameters

yes i use the nitrous at the track, and if the track opens before my charger gets up and running then yes i will be using the nitrous still.

voodoo
02-18-2003, 01:01 PM

You cant post your car and expect every single member to be like "OMG! That is the best car in the world!".

i never said i wanted everyone to be OMG to my car. but at the same time, it shouldnt be dissed because its a cavalier. i cant stand honda civics but i dont go round bashing people that have them done up. but i respect them BECAUSE they have put time and money and effort into the car.

Voodoo Child
02-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Hey WOW 15.1 on the bottle! That is awesome!!!!!
And that's with all of those mods too hey...fuck I'd be impressed with that time after spending all of that money.

Oh and here's a little piece of advice from a former Corrado owner....don't put that peice of shit supercharger in your car!
If you want to have 2 engines RIP...be my guest.

15.1.......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

voodoo
02-18-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
Hey WOW 15.1 on the bottle! That is awesome!!!!!
And that's with all of those mods too hey...fuck I'd be impressed with that time after spending all of that money.

that was with only a 50shot nitrous, exaust and intake. the rest of the mods have been done over winter

that was also the first time i had ever ran at a track.

mrmattyk
02-18-2003, 01:09 PM

i never said i wanted everyone to be OMG to my car. but at the same time, it shouldnt be dissed because its a cavalier. i cant stand honda civics but i dont go round bashing people that have them done up. but i respect them BECAUSE they have put time and money and effort into the car.

Umm did you just look at my post and ignore it? Ok, I'll try to make it easier to understand. NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LOVE YOUR CAR! SOME PEOPLE DONT LIKE CAVALIERS! SOME PEOPLE DONT LIKE CIVICS, GALAXIES, MUSTANGS ETC! THEY WILL DISS YOU FOR THE CAR YOU DRIVE!

I drive a cavalier as well. If you look on beyond no one has ever made fun of me for driving one.

Ben
02-18-2003, 01:15 PM
I think that is remarkably sad that your 55 shot of ZEX made but 4 tenths of a second difference.

55 shot to the wheels is a pretty big jump for a smaller car like a Cav. Either your NMU is broken, or your off the bottle time is inflated.

izzoblitzo
02-18-2003, 07:19 PM
woa man, this is crazy. Guys, face it, no matter where you go, theres always gonna be someone that will hate on your vehicle. Its all about the numbers game. How many, is the differential.

If people are gonna go out judging and comparing this and that, let em. They dont have to drive it.

Honestly, I chose my car to be a little different. My second choice was a red civic hatch. I'm glad I didnt go that route, because two of my buddies have the same red hatch with the exact same kit. Go figure!

What it bottoms out to is to each his own. They dont have to like it, just depends on if your happy with it. Theres no point, trying to stand up for yourself by bashing anybody, just go out and do your thing. Like Ben said, not everybody drives a civic, and in our hobby, it might only be acceptable to drive cavaliers as beaters, and only do up a honda. Well hey, why dont we go out and prove them wrong for a change. We wont get any respect from people that wont understand. Like, they dont know how hard it is to obtain parts for it.

Whats really hot right now, is that JDM look.. or clean look.. but thats because a lil while back, it was all about show, attention, boldness. Sooner or later, its gonna cycle back. I have a really difficult time finding parts for my car, and as an asian, I always get the, 'why didnt you go with an import' question.. I guess my answer speaks cos I like bein a rare one in my knick of the woods.

ZED_24
02-18-2003, 11:39 PM
ok, seriously, this has gotten out of hand. voodoo has an extremely nice car, if you see it in person, i'm sure most of you will agree. as for quickness, it is quick, when everything is working right.

i guess what i'm saying, is everyone has there own taste in cars, and domestics deserve just as much respect as imports do. :)

Ben
02-19-2003, 12:36 AM
cavy convention or something? huge influx all of a sudden.

GingeRRRBeef
02-19-2003, 01:08 AM
FLAME WAR!!!!! :D

anyways, 15.5 off the bottle with only an exhaust and intake??? I call :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

Scott
02-19-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
FLAME WAR!!!!! :D

anyways, 15.5 off the bottle with only an exhaust and intake??? I call :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

I think it was 15.6 but it is true. I was there in the stands video taping. He ran a 15.6 and we were all like WTF??? then he came around and said his NOS was off. He forgot to turn on the bottle. Perhaps there was a small amount in the line that helped a bit, but it was still an impressive pass.

voodoo
02-19-2003, 09:38 AM
well i can post the slips, but im sure you guys will just flame it anyway.

and as for 15.1 being slow
it was my FIRST TIME ever at the track, the bottle was half empty and i dont have a bottle warmer or a purge vavle, my 60ft times were like 2.4,2.5 and i was running with completely BALD tires and was spinning through first,second,and third

voodoo
02-19-2003, 09:38 AM
well i can post the slips, but im sure you guys will just flame it anyway.

and as for 15.1 being slow
it was my FIRST TIME ever at the track, the bottle was half empty and i dont have a bottle warmer or a purge vavle, my 60ft times were like 2.4,2.5 and i was running with completely BALD tires and was spinning through first,second,and third

Voodoo Child
02-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Obviously no Mad Skills yo!

Again, what are you going to do with your name....
How about "Riceychev" or "Mopar Madness":burnout: :burnout:

ZED_24
02-19-2003, 12:21 PM
you do realize that mopar is dodge don't you?

and you also realize that dodge and chevy are two completely different vehicle manufacturers? :rolleyes:

Voodoo Child
02-19-2003, 12:25 PM
My bad on the Mopar...I thought it was a universal mullet manufacturer for any domestic vehicle....

Too much JDM on the brain.

rage2
02-19-2003, 12:40 PM
Seriously guys, STOP starting these stupid flame wars. I'm going to start banning the immature guys that seems to only enjoy starting shit with Cavalier owners.

Welcome aboard voodoo, sorry for the rough ride :D.

rage2
02-19-2003, 12:48 PM

I have an intercooler on my Supercharged SLK 32.

rage2
02-19-2003, 12:49 PM
I did understand superchargers create heat. Much like what you said, not as much as a turbo. I just never thought of intercooling a s/c, thanks for the response.

S/C create just as much heat as a Turbo (assuming similar compressors).

voodoo
02-19-2003, 12:51 PM
thanks for the welcome rage2. its nice to know that there are some nice people who wont flame me for having a cavalier

ZED_24
02-19-2003, 04:59 PM
hahahaha you drive a cavalier......

oh wait, so do i. :D

HoOoOcHeEeE
02-20-2003, 01:41 PM
hahaha go cavy's go!

voodoo
02-20-2003, 01:44 PM
nice sig HoOoOcHeEeE
lol

HoOoOcHeEeE
02-20-2003, 01:51 PM
thanks! can't get mad at me for busting on cavaliers... i drive one too!