PDA

View Full Version : Hankook 404 rubber for winter?

luderollup
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
hey have any of u guys used the Hankook 404 all season rubber in the winter? im just getting mine mounted tommorow, its a directional all season tire so im a little worried about grip in the winter.. im gettin a unreal deal on them so i cant really complain. any experiences with hankook would be great

hockeybronx
10-18-2005, 01:46 AM
I've heard a lot of good things about the Hankook winter tires, but not a lot about the allseasons. Personally I'm a summer tire/winter tire advocate.

Do a search on yahoo, there are many good tire rating/review websites out there.

dragonone
10-18-2005, 05:03 AM
well ur getting them mounted anyways, so hearing anyone on here tell u that they might suck wouldn't help at all

most ppl recommend nokian rsi, i'll b on kumho's
it just depends on how u drive, some ppl think they're invincible on winter tires, i bet if you drove carefully on just stock tires u'll b just fine

frozenrice
10-18-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by luderollup
hey have any of u guys used the Hankook 404 all season rubber in the winter? im just getting mine mounted tommorow, its a directional all season tire so im a little worried about grip in the winter.. im gettin a unreal deal on them so i cant really complain. any experiences with hankook would be great

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal are you getting? I just got a set on the weekend and I'm just wondering if I could of done better. I paid $419 install/taxes in on my own rims.

hockeybronx
10-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal are you getting? I just got a set on the weekend and I'm just wondering if I could of done better. I paid $419 install/taxes in on my own rims.

It's tough to say with tires. It's an industry where you can go to one store in the morning and get a quote on a set of tires, then go back later in the afternoon and get a totally different quote for the same tires.

You just can't let yourself get caught up in it all, the difference is only about $20.00 from place to place. As long as you are happy with your tires, and happy with the price you paid (not what you could have paid) then you did alright.

rockym20
10-18-2005, 01:25 PM
The 404 is actually a winter tire:

Hankook Canada (http://www.hankooktire.ca/tireproduct.asp?cat=5&model=3)

On my Tiburon (being sold) I have studded 401's for the winter and they are pretty good now but were amazing when new. Almost as like the road was dry & I would actually try to drive on the ice as the traction was so good, but the studs weren't as noisy then.

BlueFrenzy
10-19-2005, 01:07 AM
I have the Hankook W300s and they did very nicely last winter. I can't complain about them. Got me through some icy/snowy weather no problem

luderollup
10-19-2005, 11:12 AM
yeah they ended up being a winter directional... they seem like a nice tire.
i got 215/55r/16 mounted and balanced on my stock rims, and then mounted on my car for $420.. everywhere else i went tires were about 160 a piece for winters.. and that didnt include mounting and such. im happy with them

frozenrice
10-19-2005, 05:34 PM
$420, cool. I didn't get raped then. Got mine at Big O tires, what about you?

luderollup
10-19-2005, 10:48 PM
the place at the road king.. my dad knew him through someone or something.. i dono