PDA

View Full Version : Driver's Abstract / Online insurance quote

lastprodigy
10-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Im pretty sure my record will be clean either this month or the enxt and wanted to grab a copy of my abstract, can I get it at the registry? Ticket demerits last 2 years or 3 years?

Also, with my assumably clean record, no accidents either what are you 20 yr olds paying for insurance (had my license for 3.5 years)...also looking for somewhere where I can get a quote online for insurance....Thanks.

guessboi
10-17-2005, 10:23 PM
yes u can get your abstract from the registry.
I am not sure how long they keep your history. but insurance companies will check your record for any convictions, accidents and claims for the past 3 years.

I only know TD insurance for an online quote...best to get a broker unless u are over 25 because I know the rates are terrible.

lastprodigy
10-17-2005, 10:32 PM
o ok, just wanted the online thing for a rough idea now that my record will be clean....i already have a broker...thanks haha jus tpassing time i guess

Mad$ella
10-18-2005, 12:30 AM
I need new insurance soon too...
Anyone with some good broker that has reasonable rates?

hockeybronx
10-18-2005, 01:37 AM
I got my abstract at the AMA office, I needed it for the Fire Department application.

With two tickets in the summer of 2004, I pay $3188.00 a year on my car with full coverage. I pay it all at once which saves you the 3% interest charge over paying it monthly. I'm also 20 years old.

seer_claw
10-18-2005, 07:34 AM
Go Here (http://www.kanetix.ca/)

Here is a place that is sort of like a broker for insurance quotes. Is actually pretty accurate as to what you will find. I found that my insurance quote was about $100 more thru this site than actually going around to different site. :thumbsup:

sputnik
10-18-2005, 07:43 AM
www.tdinsurance.com is what I use.