PDA

View Full Version : Acura in Hong Kong & Taiwan

FiveFreshFish
02-14-2003, 08:20 PM
I thought Acura was only a brand name for North America. Saw Acuras in HK and a friend told me they're also in Taiwan. However, they're quite rare still.

FiveFreshFish
02-14-2003, 08:21 PM
TL-S

FiveFreshFish
02-14-2003, 08:21 PM
RL

98Max
02-14-2003, 08:46 PM
weird, even tho i know they r the same, they look different somehow. shorty, or pudgier, but i guess it could just be the angle of the pic. cool tho!

FiveFreshFish
02-14-2003, 08:57 PM
I believe the bumpers may be smaller than Canuck bumpers.

Here's an indication of how expensive cars are in Hong Kong(CDN$1 = HK$5 approx). Then you have to add HK taxes, which can double the price of car compared to something similar in Canada.

hjr
02-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Pricey!!!!!!!!!!!

frenchdriver
02-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by hjr
Pricey!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont think that's in canadian currency

Ferio_vti
02-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by frenchdriver

i dont think that's in canadian currency

If you were reading, even after converting the HK$ to CDN value, they're still stupidly expensive.
ie the RSX is 200,000 HK$ or about $40,000 CDN

lammer
02-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

If you were reading, even after converting the HK$ to CDN value, they're still stupidly expensive.
ie the RSX is 200,000 HK$ or about $40,000 CDN

yeah man the price is huge!!

Superesc
02-14-2003, 11:04 PM
also + the 100% tax

[GaGe]
02-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by 98Max
weird, even tho i know they r the same, they look different somehow. shorty, or pudgier, but i guess it could just be the angle of the pic. cool tho!

the rsx looks smaller to me.. or the headlights are just bigger.

Lo)2enz0
02-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I thought Acura was only a brand name for North America. Saw Acuras in HK and a friend told me they're also in Taiwan. However, they're quite rare still.

Are the acura cars listed as hondas in japan?

Laurier

Stratus_Power
02-15-2003, 12:20 AM
i would soooo pay 60K + tax for a 3.5

Ben
02-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

the rsx looks smaller to me.. or the headlights are just bigger.

Looks like a NEON

IMO.

lammer
02-15-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
i would soooo pay 60K + tax for a 3.5 .

if my calculations are right the 3.5 is like

399,000/5=79800 dollars!!:eek:

98Max
02-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

Are the acura cars listed as hondas in japan?

Laurier

Umm d00d, Hong Kong and Taiwan are NOT in Japan. Hong Kong is in China, and Taiwan is over there somewhere.

___2PaC___
02-15-2003, 11:46 AM
They look nice n different

max_boost
02-15-2003, 12:00 PM

Umm d00d, Hong Kong and Taiwan are NOT in Japan. Hong Kong is in China, and Taiwan is over there somewhere.

Ummm....dood.....did he even say that? All he said was there are Acura's in Hongkong and Japan! :nut:

And as far as I know, Acura is branded as Honda in Japan

max_boost
02-15-2003, 12:01 PM
So what is the tax in Hongkong? Hongkong is the most expensive city to live, so I can imagine so crazy number....lol I wish I can inherit a piece of land over there, just one little dinky piece and I will be a millionaire haha

98Max
02-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Ummm....dood.....did he even say that? All he said was there are Acura's in Hongkong and Japan! :nut:

my mistake, i thought he said "aren't...like to imply that someone was wrong. ill read more carefully next time

Lo)2enz0
02-15-2003, 12:12 PM

Ya, while we were talking about acuras in HK (yes i know its in china) I just wanted to get that question out because I wasn't 100% sure on it.

Thanks MB wasn't 100% on that.

TEG_G2
02-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Here's the U.S. version...

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/autos.yahoo.com/i/03/ACURSX2.jpg

I guess the difference looks like it's coming from the bumper and that version has side markers and darker headlights!

Zephyr
02-15-2003, 01:44 PM
i hope u know none of those cars r in taiwan, cuz taiwan is all left hand drive cars like us. i drove there once, and illl never do it again, u have not experienced road rage until u are driving in a crowded country filled with all asians driving and traffic jams that last 3 hours on average, u can even walk on the freeway for 3 hours...

last time i went i didn't see acuras anywhere...

i did see a lot of EVO V being used as taxis though hahahaha

Dope Dealer
02-15-2003, 02:07 PM
40 000 CDN isn't bad for that RSX.

None of you noticed, but that is a RSX Type-R. All Type-R's have that black housing and side markers.

At least I think it's a Type-R....

MrX
02-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
40 000 CDN isn't bad for that RSX.

None of you noticed, but that is a RSX Type-R. All Type-R's have that black housing and side markers.

At least I think it's a Type-R....

it's just a plain jane RSX, look at the bill. If it was Type-R it would say it, just like it says Type-S for the above bill

04blackMAX
02-15-2003, 09:38 PM
wow great.....what are we looking at....rsx with jdm lights and a tl..whooopddeeddooo

FiveFreshFish
02-16-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
i hope u know none of those cars r in taiwan, cuz taiwan is all left hand drive cars like us. i drove there once, and illl never do it again, u have not experienced road rage until u are driving in a crowded country filled with all asians driving and traffic jams that last 3 hours on average, u can even walk on the freeway for 3 hours...

last time i went i didn't see acuras anywhere...

i did see a lot of EVO V being used as taxis though hahahaha
Zephyr: You're probably right since the friend who told me about them isn't a car enthusiast, but has lived there 8 years. Last week I didn't see any over the 6 days I was in Kaohsiung, but I never saw any Audis or Volvos either. The cars she saw were probably Hondas rebadged by their owners.

I've driven in Taiwan on a scooter and in a car and it's nuts! However, it's getting better now that there are cops directing traffic at major intersections and the new helmet law came into effect. They've got a lot more red light cameras too. Most cabs I saw were Honda Citys in Kaohsiung.

Originally posted by vsmSIR
wow great.....what are we looking at....rsx with jdm lights and a tl..whooopddeeddooo
vsmSIR: This thread isn't about customized cars. You've missed the entire point of this thread.

jdmakkord
02-16-2003, 09:25 PM
haha they have honda city's in india too

Dope Dealer
02-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by MrX

it's just a plain jane RSX, look at the bill. If it was Type-R it would say it, just like it says Type-S for the above bill

Yeah, I thought that too, but just thought it could be a Type-R.

It's about 17k more for a base model RSX there, than it is here. Crazy....

max_boost
02-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Yeah, I thought that too, but just thought it could be a Type-R.

It's about 17k more for a base model RSX there, than it is here. Crazy....

Stuff in Hongkong is crazy expensive compared to Canada! That is why its the most expensive city to live in! haha

Anyway, come on dude! We all know the Type-R is championship white, has Red Recaro seats, full kit, Type-R spoiler etc.etc.etc. haha

Zephyr
02-16-2003, 11:35 PM

Zephyr: You're probably right since the friend who told me about them isn't a car enthusiast, but has lived there 8 years. Last week I didn't see any over the 6 days I was in Kaohsiung, but I never saw any Audis or Volvos either. The cars she saw were probably Hondas rebadged by their owners.

I've driven in Taiwan on a scooter and in a car and it's nuts! However, it's getting better now that there are cops directing traffic at major intersections and the new helmet law came into effect. They've got a lot more red light cameras too. Most cabs I saw were Honda Citys in Kaohsiung.

vsmSIR: This thread isn't about customized cars. You've missed the entire point of this thread.

the last time i was there was like back in 98 haha

Dope Dealer
02-16-2003, 11:37 PM

Stuff in Hongkong is crazy expensive compared to Canada! That is why its the most expensive city to live in! haha

Anyway, come on dude! We all know the Type-R is championship white, has Red Recaro seats, full kit, Type-R spoiler etc.etc.etc. haha

Haha, I know.

I wasn't even thinking about that.

Type-R comes in ABP and Champ. White down there.

Some guy in Texas imported one from AUS (Champ. White w/ red Recaro). Sooo nice! :)

04blackMAX
02-17-2003, 06:22 PM
i missed no point, i could careless if there modded or not, but why are we looking at them...big deal...go to www.acura.com,,,same shit

FiveFreshFish
02-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
i missed no point, i could careless if there modded or not, but why are we looking at them...big deal...go to www.acura.com,,,same shit

:rolleyes: Of course it's no big deal to you or me because we already have Acura here since the mid-eighties.

However, in HK they have just been introduced where they were not available before, and just about any type of car can be had in HK. Acura is a Honda's high-end brand for North America but their appearance in HK means Honda may be expanding the brand to other parts of the globe.

The equivalent significance of this would be like if Seat, Holden, or Vauxhall were to be introduced in Canada. No big deal to Europeans who already have them, but significant to the market they're being introduced to, and significant to the manufacturers.

yakish
02-20-2003, 08:43 AM
I believe the bumpers may be smaller than Canuck bumpers.

Here's an indication of how expensive cars are in Hong Kong(CDN$1 = HK$5 approx). Then you have to add HK taxes, which can double the price of car compared to something similar in Canada.
pretty expensive :werd:

Zephyr
02-20-2003, 10:55 AM
only thing that is cool to me is the new Scion brand comming out first in california this June straight from Toyota. and then 2004 to the rest of the states and later on entire north america