PDA

View Full Version : BOV location

lamp_shade_2000
10-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey I am fairly new to turbocharged motors and currently own an SR20 like 80 percent of other 240 owners on here, however ive been noticing that most other SR's have the blow off valve mounted on the piping going from the intercooler to the intake manifold, where as mine is on the pipe going from the turbo to the intercooler. I bought the car with the motor swap and everything already done and was just wondering if there is a reason everyone else puts it on the other pipe? Any performance, response, etc differences?

EK 2.0
10-18-2005, 01:46 PM
the blow off valve mounted closer to the Throttle Body will offer faster response than when fixed closer to the turbo. The throttle plate closes and BAM the BOV is right there. Versus when the throttle plate closes and...hmmm...BAM there is the BOV.

I mean Nissan did it one way so meh, and other car builders do it differently so whatever works for you. But generally as close to the throttle body as you can is best. But not RIGHT before it.

finboy
10-18-2005, 01:59 PM
either location works, mounting a bov on the hot pipe vents the air that hasn't been through the intercooler, and since you want cold air entering your motor, why vent already cooled air. honestly it makes pretty much no differece, you will get the same WOOSH wither way.