PDA

View Full Version : License plate tracking

mac_82
10-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Is it possible to track someone down with a license plate # ? If you run a search at a registry can you get all their info ? Thanks for the help.

Thaco
10-18-2005, 07:06 PM
if it was that easy there would be a lot more homocides in this city!

PS. She's gone for ever.... if she thought you were boyfriend material she'd have given you her number. And its probably her dads car anyways.

Weapon_R
10-18-2005, 07:10 PM
^ :werd:

And no, you cannot find out anyone's personal info with a plate # by going to the registry and asking. The police can do it for you if you have reason to believe illegal activity.

lastprodigy
10-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
if it was that easy there would be a lot more homocides in this city!

PS. She's gone for ever.... if she thought you were boyfriend material she'd have given you her number. And its probably her dads car anyways.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mac_82
10-18-2005, 07:37 PM
actually some bitch in a minivan backed into my parked car when i was getting a vietnamese sub on 17th. she took off when i was in the store, but i got her plate number. good thing there is no noticable damage and she was only going 10-20 kph.

Thaco
10-18-2005, 07:41 PM
well in that case, call the cops, and report a hit and run... teach the bitch a lesson.

Supa Dexta
10-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Well in that case the cops would get you her info.. And they may not even do anything with her besides give you her info.. I know a buddy that this happened to, He was backing up and scraped a car a touch, didn't notice, but the cops called a little while later saying he did and that it was on the security camera out front. He had no problem owning up to it, he had no idea it had happened, but all the cops did was warn him and then the other driver had his info and contacted him.. Last I heard though, they never did get him to fix it, it was so minor...

:)

Sharpie
10-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Well in that case the cops would get you her info.. And they may not even do anything with her besides give you her info.. I know a buddy that this happened to, He was backing up and scraped a car a touch, didn't notice, but the cops called a little while later saying he did and that it was on the security camera out front. He had no problem owning up to it, he had no idea it had happened, but all the cops did was warn him and then the other driver had his info and contacted him.. Last I heard though, they never did get him to fix it, it was so minor...

:)
I dont think the cops would give him her info. For all we know he could go kill her.

Supa Dexta
10-18-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm just sayin what I know,

-> my buddy hits car, doesn't notice, leaves..

Cops call him that night saying they know he did it and it's on tape..

He says ok, he didn't realize

Woman who owned the other car calls him within the next couple days.. she didn't come try to kill him, she just called to discuss the matter..

thats a first hand case within the last few months.. all I know, all i can offer as help..

:dunno:

mac_82
10-18-2005, 08:05 PM
I would just love to confront her about it. There is no damage other than 2 tiny scraps. Not really worth calling the cops over. I am currently getting 2 doors repainted from another hit and run. I just hate when shit like this happens. I was in Kim Anh, and I was parked over by Thai Thai, with the owners STI, this GMC safari, and then my WRX. She backed into my car, my alarm went off. Then she took off when I was across the street still. All I got was here license plate. :dunno: