PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever seen a Toyota Matrix VVT-i, or do you know what they are?

kman13
10-18-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm buying a matrix and i've seen some stuff about the VVT-i and i was just wondering what it was. thats v v not w.

Thaco
10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
http://www.vvt-i.net/

^they'd probably be of more assistance.

kman13
10-18-2005, 10:19 PM
hahh awesome thanks.

Xtrema
10-18-2005, 10:59 PM
VVT-i is a technology, not a model.

All lines of Matrix comes with VVT-i technology.

Are you buying a Matrix XRS or one of the base models?

403Gemini
10-18-2005, 11:02 PM
my sis owns a matrix xr (stupid woman got an automatic)

decent enough vehicle, tons of room

lastprodigy
10-18-2005, 11:19 PM
VVT-i is just toyotas name for the variable valve timing..to those who dont understand it extremely well it can be compared to Honda's VTEC, BMW's VANOS/DOUBLE VANOS and Mitsubishi's MIVEC. :)

kman13
10-19-2005, 08:12 AM
I'm getting the XRS. I wish it was 5speed instead of 6 b/c u def dont need a 6. But, what can i do? hehe. It's bright yellow but that's sort of growing on me ..

So that's cool though, that means i have VVT-i. I'm gonna get the lil badge for it and add it on .. its only like $4.:) Thanks lastprodigy thats so far the only explanation ive heard. I'm def going on that vvt-i.net forum and having them explain it though. hehe.

Millsie
10-19-2005, 08:21 AM
The one you want it VVtL-i, the key is lift, which is the two stage camshaft with a high lift lobe one both camsfor more power.
VVt-i is just valve timing, which many cars have now. The computer adjusts the timing of the opening and closeing of the valves for emmisions and power, but there is no second lobe on VVT engines, so you don't get that kick in the pants at high RPM.

The Lift part is what is similar to VTEC. The XRS comes with VVtL-i, the other models do not.

GTS Jeff
10-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by kman13
I'm getting the XRS. I wish it was 5speed instead of 6 b/c u def dont need a 6. But, what can i do? hehe. It's bright yellow but that's sort of growing on me ..

So that's cool though, that means i have VVT-i. I'm gonna get the lil badge for it and add it on .. its only like $4.:) Thanks lastprodigy thats so far the only explanation ive heard. I'm def going on that vvt-i.net forum and having them explain it though. hehe. 6 speed = more gears = tighter gear ratios = more acceleration = faster car

vvt-i badge = ghae

Xtrema
10-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by kman13

So that's cool though, that means i have VVT-i. I'm gonna get the lil badge for it and add it on .. its only like $4.:) Thanks lastprodigy thats so far the only explanation ive heard. I'm def going on that vvt-i.net forum and having them explain it though. hehe.

XRS will have VVTL-i.

As for the badge, whatever float your boat. But since everybody is doing some valve time of sorts, it isn't that special any more compare to a decade ago.