PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Insurance

Slashin_
10-18-2005, 08:48 PM
I am MR noob need to know Cheapest Insurance places
i herd all state had decent prices anyone wanna confirm?
or post cheap places....THX

WWJAI
10-18-2005, 08:55 PM
TD (insurance) Meloche Monnex

and

Link Insurance...give them a call

..in the end..its just gonna depend on your driving experience and how many tickets/accidents you've had over the years

just do some research...its different for everyone

ca2p3r
10-18-2005, 08:57 PM
anyone with, tickets/acidents on thier record
what do you use ? whats cheapest?

rony_espana
10-18-2005, 08:59 PM
The cheapest I have found was Royal and Sun Alliance, and after that try Perth Insurance. They have been by far the lowest for me. I get them through an insurance agent, don't know if that makes a difference.

ricosuave
10-18-2005, 09:02 PM
i use direct protect for my 2 cars and house

at the time, they were the cheapest, but ive had em 6 yrs

Civicguy
10-18-2005, 09:04 PM
get married :D thats what I did and I pay for 2 cars the same I did just my self alone at Wawaneisa (not sure how to spell) but I also know that we have our house insurance with the same company so we get a little bit better rate

ca2p3r
10-18-2005, 09:09 PM
im a young adult, and Wawaneisa BLOWS for me .

guessboi
10-18-2005, 09:14 PM
or work in insurance (not a broker firm) and u probably will get an employee discount.
:D

factors in your premium are like your car, usage, your records, age...
most insurance will give you like a 5% or 10% discounts for insuring your cars and house(s) together, I don't think a lot of discounts applied to auto insurance...

the rate drops significantly is when you turn 24 to 25...or / and when you get married...

(oh and there is a difference between an agent and a broker)
otherwise go through a broker for the best deal other than going through an agent cuz they only represent their own company...(statefarm, and stupid AMA)...

you can probably go to renfrew or rogers insurance...they are one of the biggest brokers in Calgary and they have good relationships with insurers...so u will probably get a better rate!

BebeAphrodite
10-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI
TD (insurance)

TD insurance gave me by far the highest quotes when I tried several cars (I also have an account with them if that makes any difference).
I've had no tickets, have the 'good student discount (if that applies there), and have the highest rating possible for my age (since I can't get that extra star cuz I'm not 35) and have been insured since I was 16.
So I was pretty surprised when TD gave me one quote on a car that was over $1100 more for the same coverage that other companies gave (which were pretty consistent).

I've heard that Meloche they give great rates but aren't they selective about who they insure?

I'm with Remax car insurance and it gave me the best rate.

seer_claw
10-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm paying a really good price thru ING Insurance.

Go here (http://www.kanetix.ca/auto-insurance) for a Canadian site that give free quotes. Usually they are pretty close to what the cheapest will be. :thumbsup: At least they were about $100 off what I am paying.

Seanith
10-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
oh and there is a difference between an agent and a broker
otherwise go through a broker for the best deal other than going through an agent cuz they only represent their own company

:werd:

For my insurance, with ING if I went directly through ING it was ~$100 more than going through the broker!

guessboi
10-18-2005, 10:35 PM
^ I didn't know ING can talk to customers directly in western canada...cause I don't think they have licence to talk to the public.
you mean your insurance is cheaper going through your broker right? how did u go directly to ING?

Seanith
10-18-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure. I was insured under my dad's policy, so when it was time to insure myself under my name we checked to just renew it through ING. After I shopped around, a broker got a cheaper price through ING that what I was quoted originally. I think we kind of had a "grandfathered" policy so we were still able to deal with them direct? :dunno: He may have even had his policy through his company that has a head office in ontario. I'm not too sure on this one :)

DC2
10-19-2005, 10:17 AM
TD is good for me.

i have one rear end accident on my record (extra $20 a year)
i have the student and the driving school discount.

Zero102
10-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I just switched to State Farm, but I'm a university student, and have a clean record. I was previously with Dominion of Canada, and switching knocked $1000/year off my rates (now they are ~$1300/year).

Ben
10-19-2005, 11:22 AM
TD Insurance for me (Primmum). They were by far the cheapest out of any of the other major groups.

WWJAI
10-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

I've heard that Meloche they give great rates but aren't they selective about who they insure?

Yes they gave me a really good rate as a first time driver...it says you usually have to be an alumni or part of a business but really you don't have to...they arn't selective. I thought they would be too until I gave them a call.

BokCh0y
10-19-2005, 11:41 AM
statefarm for me.

FiveFreshFish
10-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

They give favor members of professional organizations so you're a professional engineer, chartered accountant, etc, you'll get the best rates.

Das_Amaretto
10-19-2005, 02:34 PM
TD or Royal Bank seems to be the lowest consistently for me & my friends that I look for.... except my one friend who beats all our rates, cuz he pays $0!! -using Inkjet insurance! haha idiot :rolleyes:

GQBalla
10-20-2005, 12:05 AM
^^^ wait till he gets into a accident

FiveFreshFish
10-20-2005, 12:08 AM
^^^ :werd: You don't even want to ride in an uninsured car.

lastprodigy
10-20-2005, 12:39 AM
why is it called inkjet

max_boost
10-20-2005, 12:47 AM
^^^

Cause he prints them off his inkjet printer :D

Anyway, Statefarm was by far the cheapest for me and I switched to them 2.5 years ago. My gf recently graduated and I thought about giving Meloche Monnex a call but that's only if I plan to insure a modded car. Statefarm has a 0 tolerance policy with modifications.