PDA

View Full Version : Samsung's 3GB Phone

/////AMG
10-19-2005, 10:50 AM
http://www.techspot.com/news/images/news/samsung-sph-v7900-lg2.jpg

Samsung has unveiled a hard-disk-based SPH-V7900 mobile phone which sports a staggering 3GB hard disk drive. Offering twice the capacity of its predecessor, the SPH-V7900 also boasts two cameras (one with 2-megapixel resolution), dual screens and twin speakers in a twist-flip housing, and the main TFT LCD screen has QVGA (240x320 pixels) resolution. There's also an MP3/video player onboard, and the whole thing measures 103x52x27.6mm and weighs 165g. Samsung claims 4.5 hours of talk and 200 hours standby.

With a lot of other advances in tiny storage from mp3 players to laptops with flash and even a HDD for the PSP, it's no surprise that Samsung is now offering a phone with 3GB of storage on it. When most cells today come with 4mb to 512mb, this is actually somewhat impressive. It's the largest capacity for a cell to date. The first line, dubbed SPH-V7900, also sports a higher quality digital camera than other Samsung models. The price is quite a handful, starting at a whopping $718, but of course with time this will change.

We may soon have phones that can not only take pictures and store media, but also record conversations or much more. Interesting stuff.

Source: TechWorld

----------------

Don't forget about the Nokia N91, it's a bit better..

http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/images/nokia/n91.jpg
With room for up to 3000 songs on the 4 GB hard disk, the Nokia N91 delivers a premier music experience. The N91 also contains the latest multimedia and smartphone technologies, including a 2-megapixel camera, email support, a full web browser and video sharing. With multiple connectivity options, such as WCDMA, WLAN and Bluetooth, the Nokia N91 allows users to find and enjoy music when and where you want.

Def_3
10-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
http://www.techspot.com/news/images/news/samsung-sph-v7900-lg2.jpg

Samsung has unveiled a hard-disk-based SPH-V7900 mobile phone which sports a staggering 3GB hard disk drive. Offering twice the capacity of its predecessor, the SPH-V7900 also boasts two cameras (one with 2-megapixel resolution), dual screens and twin speakers in a twist-flip housing, and the main TFT LCD screen has QVGA (240x320 pixels) resolution. There's also an MP3/video player onboard, and the whole thing measures 103x52x27.6mm and weighs 165g. Samsung claims 4.5 hours of talk and 200 hours standby.

With a lot of other advances in tiny storage from mp3 players to laptops with flash and even a HDD for the PSP, it's no surprise that Samsung is now offering a phone with 3GB of storage on it. When most cells today come with 4mb to 512mb, this is actually somewhat impressive. It's the largest capacity for a cell to date. The first line, dubbed SPH-V7900, also sports a higher quality digital camera than other Samsung models. The price is quite a handful, starting at a whopping $718, but of course with time this will change.

We may soon have phones that can not only take pictures and store media, but also record conversations or much more. Interesting stuff.

Source: TechWorld

----------------

Don't forget about the Nokia N91, it's a bit better..

http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/images/nokia/n91.jpg
With room for up to 3000 songs on the 4 GB hard disk, the Nokia N91 delivers a premier music experience. The N91 also contains the latest multimedia and smartphone technologies, including a 2-megapixel camera, email support, a full web browser and video sharing. With multiple connectivity options, such as WCDMA, WLAN and Bluetooth, the Nokia N91 allows users to find and enjoy music when and where you want. sounds interesting, not a NOKIA fan myself, too cheap and aimed at a childish market imo

the samsung looks and sounds great

as for having phones that can record conversations etc, we already have them

/////AMG
10-19-2005, 10:58 AM
The Samsung looks more sensible, IMO. I'd probably go for the Samsung if I had to pick.

Def_3
10-19-2005, 11:00 AM
The Samsung looks more sensible, IMO. I'd probably go for the Samsung if I had to pick. did the source mention what network these are for, I am sure it is GSM but want to double check

also keep an eye out for the worlds first dual phone we are launching this november:thumbsup:

afrotl
10-19-2005, 11:01 AM
nice phone when is is coming to canada and i hope TM picks it up too

Def_3
10-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by afrotl
nice phone when is is coming to canada and i hope TM picks it up too dont think so

/////AMG
10-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Def_3
did the source mention what network these are for, I am sure it is GSM but want to double check

also keep an eye out for the worlds first dual phone we are launching this november:thumbsup:

Yea it is, it's tri-band. What do you mean dual phone? As in dual-band? :confused: I'm confused lol.
PS. Who do you work for?

afrotl
10-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Def_3
dont think so
too bad hey is the rumor true about moto razor

GoChris
10-19-2005, 11:15 AM
I want a nice phone like those, but NO DAMN CAMERA.

stupid cameras in phones, so useless

Def_3
10-19-2005, 11:25 AM

Yea it is, it's tri-band. What do you mean dual phone? As in dual-band? :confused: I'm confused lol.
PS. Who do you work for? dual phone as in a tri mode CDMA phone (works on telus or bell), that will be capable of taking a sim card and switching to gsm for clients who travle to countries where only gsm is available

/////AMG
10-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Isn't that the same as getting a tri-mode phone unlocked? :dunno: I'm no phone expert.

GTS Jeff
10-19-2005, 02:16 PM
HDD based is bad news for people that drop their phones. I'm careful with my phone, but I still drop my phone hard once a year...and that's all it takes to kill the HDD. What I don't understand is why not just go with 2GB flash? Why so much storage in the first place? WTF is all that space for? 2mp pics and small vids don't need that much space...

RC-Cola
10-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
HDD based is bad news for people that drop their phones. I'm careful with my phone, but I still drop my phone hard once a year...and that's all it takes to kill the HDD. What I don't understand is why not just go with 2GB flash? Why so much storage in the first place? WTF is all that space for? 2mp pics and small vids don't need that much space...

Are you sure it's not Flash based? The Nano's are flashed based at 4Gb...

djayz
10-19-2005, 04:28 PM
wtf do you need two cameras in a phone for?
isnt one enough?!

/////AMG
10-20-2005, 04:51 AM
:rofl: One is to take of other people and the other of yourself? :nut:

Chester
10-20-2005, 10:31 AM
ew. I'll stick to my K750 with 2GB flash

Def_3
10-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Isn't that the same as getting a tri-mode phone unlocked? :dunno: I'm no phone expert. no

this is like having a cd player that will play both cds and minidisk....kind of a bad analogy but you get my drift

the phone will be a CDMA phone, for the better DATA capabilities, and when needed it will be able to switch and roam on a gsm network

/////AMG
10-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Ohhh makes sense now, good example too :thumbsup: