PDA

View Full Version : Helmet?

BlaCkPlaGUE
02-15-2003, 06:08 AM
I picked up a helmet, but I need some advice.

Its an HJC CL-14, pretty nice for the price.

How is a helmet supposed to fit? I've been told a few things and I just want to see if you guys can clear them up.

1) Should fit VERY snug
2) Should be tight around cheeks
3) Should not be able to move to much from side to side.

But when I went into blackfootmotorsports to try on helmets, they all seemed to have a little play from side to side, the ones that fit me anyways. Even the ones that were to small for me still could move from side to side slightly. My question is, does it have to have NO play at all? If thats true then I must have a fucked up head becuase all of em seem to have a little play when I move the helmet from side to side, once again, its just a slight amount of play.

thx for any help guys.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-15-2003, 04:25 PM
well many different models and companies have different shapes and sizes. So if u haven't already, try all different kinds

dogstar
02-16-2003, 08:44 PM
if you can slop it around, it doesnt fit right.

all my helmets have always been very snug, as in squash your ears pulling them on and off.

kevie88
02-17-2003, 01:15 PM
You should be able to twist it slightly on your head, but the cheek pads should not leave your uh... cheek. It should be almost too tight when you first get it, they break in to your head and get looser -that's why you shouldn't lend out your helmet as well, it'll get "rounded out". Try to pick one that fits tight without any pressure points on your forehead ect.. those turn into a crazy pain in the head in about an hour.

My current Arai was just right when I bought it and now I find it a little too big. :banghead: